Ratings for Dr. Perhez Jaffer

Ive been a patient of Dr Jaffers for a few years now. I go there to get my lips done. He is excellent at making my lips fuller but natural as he knows exactly where to do the injections. His staff is also very sweet, Erica in particular who always does her best to squeeze me in. I’ve recommended Dr Jaffer to several family members and I recommend him to anyone considering lip fillers!

flag | Submitted August 4, 2018

I went to see Dr. Jaffer for Botox and fillers. I am so happy with the results, I get compliments all the time about how young I look! Dr. Jaffer is very professional, very informative and does not over treat. I would highly recommend him to anyone who wants to look rejuvenated without looking like they have had work done.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2018

I have been a patient of Dr. Jaffer's for years. He has always been super knowledgeable when it comes to my questions and concerns. His staff are super friendly and always make me feel taken care of. I have just recently been seeing Dr. Jaffer for more of my cosmetic needs at his laser clinic as I am getting older. All I can say is I look and feel great, not to mention all the compliments I have been recieving. He is gentle and makes you feel super comfortable. Thank you Dr. Jaffer and your lovely staff!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

I have seen Dr. Jaffer as a patient for the last 15 years. His staff is amazing. He is kind and gentle and has always taken great care of all my medical needs.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

I want to share my story about my experience with Dr Jaffer in hopes that my warning prevents this ever happening to anyone else. Let me preface by saying before seeing Dr Jaffer I was 100% healthy, fit and never had a problem with headaches in my life. One year ago I went to see Dr Jaffer for Botox injections for a little refresh to my face after 2 kids at 39 years old. I had botox done previously 5 years ago on 6 separate occasions from a dermatologist downtown and loved the results. I went to see Dr Jaffer as we had now moved to Burnaby and the Heights Laser center is just down the road from our house. When Dr Jaffer was administering the botox, a couple of the injections were extremely painful( they should not be painful) but didn’t think much of it and paid my bill and left. The next morning I woke up with severe flu like symptoms ( nausea, fatigue, headaches) and a deep new wrinkle which formed vertically above my left eyebrow. I was in 24/7 pain and no over the counter med would help. The wrinkle above my left eye continued to get deeper and I also developed spock eye above my left eyebrow as well as 5 other wrinkles on my face that did not exist before my injections with Dr Jaffer. I discovered in a follow up visit with Dr Jaffer that he had injected 64 units of Botox into my face and he wanted me to come back and get even more to my forehead!! I took this information to the dermatologist that I had seen for my botox five years ago ( he has 25 years experience) and he said he would have given me max forty units. He also confirmed to me that botox injections shouldn’t hurt in the places I had them done. I also called Allergan ( makers of Botox) and they told me 64 units for cosmetic botox injections was excessive for a 39 year old. After speaking with him, my friends who are my same age who get botox and from hours and hours researching, they are all getting around 30-40 units of botox max. Even 50 and 60 year olds I have spoken to are getting a max of 50 units for cosmetic botox!!!!! I had no major wrinkles, only a few fine lines on my forehead and around my eyes before seeing Dr Jaffer. I trusted him to inject the appropriate amount correctly into my face, there was absolutely no need for such an extreme amount!!! Despite a headache listed on the Botox label Black box warning, initially Dr Jaffer had no idea what was happening to me. He said perhaps I was experiencing a headache because of my hormones changing from giving birth (which he later denied saying to my face) and that I was frowning in my sleep which was causing the new wrinkles. He kept telling me the symptoms would eventually go away. It wasn’t until we pushed Dr Jaffer for further research and a visit to a Neurologist that we came to realize headaches are a side effect of botox in 8% of patients!!! I have also come to learn that these new wrinkles that are on my face are due to muscle recruitment. Because I was so severely overdosed, this caused other muscles to over compensate for the paralyzed ones which have created these new lines on my face. I filed a complaint to the College of Physicians and Surgeons and Dr Jaffer’s response back was full of inaccurate facts & LIES that I had to write a supplemental letter back to the College outlining all of the discrepancies. ONE year later I still have the headaches. Thankfully the meds I am on prescribed from my neurologist help minimize the pain but I am not recovered yet. Although I have seen some slight improvement, the new wrinkles have still not gone away!!! My first advice is this: ask yourself if you really need to do botox, I thought it was safe but after all the research I’ve done, there are a lot of side effects and you need to understand the risk. Second, if you decide to go ahead with any cosmetic procedure, my suggestion is go and see an experienced registered Dermatologist or Cosmetic surgeon and not a family doctor who opened a medi spa on the side for extra bucks. Shame on you Dr Jaffer!!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2017

Was on time for my appoinment, but still waited 45min in the waiting room 4 people came after me who got a room before...first time here not sure how I feel about this.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

Dr Jaffer nowledgeable but his laser skin practice is very pushy w/selling. Dr J walks you to the recep to make sure you buy the $$$$ skin prod. Asks if you've booked ur nxt appt. Talk about on the spot pressure. IPL was quoted $$ yet he did a 2nd pass over trouble spot & charged me more. I get to the front and my bill was astronomical! He should have said the 2nd pass was gonna cost. Makes me wonder if he's more concerned with me? or the money? The laser offfice is OK but shares sapce with walkin clinic that is filthy. No soap in the one bathroom. Not very relaxing with kids coughing and phones ringing. I don't know if Id go back.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2012

I really like Dr Jaffer because he doesn't prescribe medications unnecessarily and takes the time to listen to my issues for myself and the kids. If he doesn't know the answer, he will say so and I appreciate his honesty too. He is also open minded about alternatives to conventional treatments. Regarding his MOA, I found that since getting to know her better, she's very sweet and helpful.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2011

He is very nice, really listens to you and cares about you. However he is extremely conservative in terms of treatment. I have been seeing him for the same problem for a year without ever getting a strong treatment, and it gets really frustrating. I tried treatment A, then B, then A and B, then C, then A and C, then B and C, and so on... without ever really seeing much improvement. I appreciate that he doesn't jump into things but this is getting a little ridiculous. Plus, his MOA is not very friendly or accomodating.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2011

Dr. Jaffer is a wonderful GP. I would recommend him to anyone. He is caring and compassionate and does not treat ailments with meds if not required (unlike other doctors).

flag | Submitted December 1, 2010