Ratings for Dr. James B. Mammel

Dr. Mammel was an OK guy. He was nice enough, but only talked to me for a minute or two each appointment and didn't bother to get to know me. When I actually went into labor, he didn't ask me what I had hoped for and instead decided to induce me to "get this baby out by dinner". He was very uninvolved in the rest of the birthing process and only showed up at the very end to catch the baby and then quickly left again. I don't feel he was a bad doctor, he just didn't take the time or effort to treat me like a person. I did not go back to him when I got pregnant with my second child.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

Dr Mammel delivered two of my babies and I am sad I won't need him to deliver anymore. He is a fantastic, knowledgeable, caring man who will spend time listening to you and investigating any issues you have or think you may have. I tell everyone to go see him or anyone at Watson Clinic for that matter!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

horrible! his nurses were extremely rude and I felt as if he did not take my concerns seriously. I switched doctors in my 3rd trimester, I feel more comfortable with another OB.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2014

Dr. Mammel delivered my two kids and I really hope he is the Dr on duty when baby #3 is born in January. He is incredible! Very knowledgeable and always takes the time to answer my questions.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2012

Amazing! He delivered both of my girls. He has always been kind and considerate, really taking his time with me at every appt.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2012

Dr. Mammel is the most skilled Ob/Gyn I have ever experienced. I worked in the OR at LRMC for years, and when I became pregnant there was not a question of who I would want to deliver my baby. His bedside manner may be a little abrupt, but his skills in the delivery room are unparallel. Would you rather have a friendly obstetrician deliver your baby, or an incredibly reliable skilled one? Personally, as long as my baby comes out healthy, I don't care what their personality is like. I would NEVER have another physician deliver me, he is the best!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2012

Great Dr. always has time to listen to concerns or issues having. Takes the time to get to know his patients. Would highly recommend to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2011

This doctor made me want to delivery at home alone. He was horrible!! my first apt i was very upset about being pregnant and his concern was i was 10 lbs overweight. he has ZERO bedside manner.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2010

Dr.Mammel was very friendly and very helpful after I had a miscarriage. If I needed to I would see him again.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2010

Dr. Mammel delivered my youngest daughter in 1989 and was very nice and compassionate and professional at that time.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009

Dr. James B. Mammel's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1981)

Commercial Insurance Company