Ratings for Dr. Eric Yoshida

Incredibly dismissive bedside manner. Not helpful.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

Yoshida obviously missed out on the BEDSIDE MANNER AND PATIENT COMFORT seminars at UBC. Be ready for an appalling face to face patient experience. An appalling arrogant man. Should be disciplined professionally.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2017

After going to more than 10 doctors sending me to blood tests, Ct scans, MRI's... giving stupid strong medications trying different things on me and scaring the **** out of me.... dr. Yoshida changed my life from 2 visits which didn't take more than 2 weeks. I wish him the best.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2017

I have been seeing Dr Yoshida over a year and he dismisses my symptoms and tells me to take a holiday. He performed a colonoscopy and the results suggested that a few more biopsies be taken. He dismissed the recommendations and doesn't return phone calls. My conclusion...if he isn't interested in your case don't expect any results from him or he's a dummy..either way I feel he is causing more pain and I don't recommend him( unless you are an interesting liver case), right Eric?

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

This doctor didn't have any solution to offer nor would he run any tests after 10 months of waiting and suffering from debilitating abdominal pain. When I said that was disappointing he responded with sarcasm. He perched on the edge of his seat the whole time it felt like he would rather have been anywhere else in the world. No compassion, no empathy. He came off as arrogant and rude. Back to square one... Unprofessional and Unacceptable medical treatment (I mean lack of treatment).

flag | Submitted September 16, 2016

Eric is not a nice human. He gives little respect to his patients. Find a better Dr

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

I've been Dr Yoshida's patient near a decade. He's a very caring specialist who try's his best not to leave any risks remains in his treatment. His practice includes all of the necessary tests and follow ups in order to be sure he gets to the best care of his patient. He's very gentle and polite.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

Today was my first visit with Dr. Yoshida and because of the negative reviews below I wasn't sure what to but expect. But I have nothing but nice things to say about Dr. Yoshida. He was very pleasant and warm. He came right out into the waiting room to get me for my appointment and he was prompt. He also spoke to my husband who was with me. I moved here from Alberta where I had a fantastic hepatologist I was sad I wouldn't see anymore but I'm pleased that I have found another doctor is capable and personable to guide me through my diseases and healthcare.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

Doctor Yoshida is a great doctor. In July 2012 I had cirrhosis (F4 20.6). In 2014, one year after the HCV treatment, the cirrhosis was reversed at F1-F2 (7.7). Few days ago (18 Nov 2015), the fibrosis of my liver was F0 (5.9). My gratitude to this eminent doctor is beyond words.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

Dr. Yoshida is great. He answers questions, provides reassurance, and saved my life and quite a few others. He is readily available to speak with my family doctor if issues arise-and they have from drugs, secondary infections et al that follow a transplant. When he saw me in Emergency, he knew immediately my liver was failing, but provided reassurance and excellent medical care in supporting me through a long hospital stay and transplant. He works in a team with other doctors, but reads charts, follows lab reports and knows what he is doing. I find answers questions, and treated me as if I were a person, not a condition, with a whole life.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015