Ratings for Dr. Bruce Newmarch

Horribly unprofessional, rude, offensive and miserable. So happy to hear he is retiring. Worst doctor I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2018

I had Dr. Newmarch as my family doctor for most of my adult life. The only reason he is no longer my doctor is because I moved to Alberta. On my last visit to Dr. Newmarch, I said the worst thing about leaving Kamloops after 40 years, was losing him as my doctor. I meant it then and I still mean it. He was a terrific doctor, caring and considerate but most of all, knowledgeable. I trusted him completely and he never let me down. I didn’t want a nursemaid, I wanted a doctor and I got one. Anyone who complains about the care provided by this man isn’t looking for an MD, they are looking for Dr. Phil and probably need his services.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2018

Dr. Newmarch delivered my children, supported my mother through cancer, and oversaw my brothers palliative care. He takes great care of my elderly father . Dr. Newmarch is kind, knowledgeable and always tells it like it is. He has been a a trusted source of good medical care throughout these life events and I will miss him dearly as a family doctor as he closes his office practice, but wish luck and thank him for the compassion he has always shown my family. His office administrator Dori manages it all behind the scenes like a dynamo and despite her heavy workload has always made the appointments efficient and easy for the patients ,and puts you at ease with her humour. We were in great hands with both Dr. Newmarch and Dori and I am saddened by the end of an era, but wish them both all the best❤️

flag | Submitted October 25, 2018

When I go to see him, I have never had a bad experience. The staff is always helpful and Dr. Newmarch is always will to answer my questions.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

Dr.Newmarch doesn't suffer fools. He expects clients to take an active part in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. If one doesn't try you are waisting both your and his time. I greatly admire him & thoroughly checked his medical reputation prior to seeking his advice. He is highly regarded in the both the medical and client based community and I feel priviledged to call him my Dr.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

I have a complicated medical history. Most family doctors will never see a case like mine. Dr. Newmarch is extremely well-informed. He is very direct in his instructions about what I can do to enjoy the best possible future with my illness, and is speaks clearly about my responsibility in my health care. He has been very kind in his conversation with me as I struggle with rather sever disability. His physical exam made me feel like I was being treated as a family member that he was caring for. He listened to my questions completely before commenting on my lab results and before giving instructions for my treatment and long term health care. I am grateful for the uncommon level of skill and compassion that I found in Dr. Newmarch.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

Does he think he's Dr House!? I saw in in a walk-in looking to renew my ranitidine prescription (for heartburn) and he said "You know what your problem is? You look like you eat McDonalds for three meals a day- that's what's causing your heartburn!" and refused me my prescription. He attended to my husband in the ER when he was in for a sports injury that seized up his back. Newmarch asked what sport and when my husband said mens roller derby, he scoffed and said "how old are you? Don't you think that's just for kids?" Not going to rant about how serious mens derby is and how it is definitely NOT for kids, but the judgmental "serves you right" attitude was uncalled for an inappropriate!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

Arrogant, rude, know it all that doesn't not have any respect for his patients. He does not listen and does not have any empathy for people. He would be better suited working at a concentration camp.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017

Has been taking care of me for a long time. He is always on time, and current on medicine and procedures.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017

Dr.Newmarch is absolutely amazing. He took care of me and so many of my family members over the years. He has always gone out of his way to come and see us at the hospital. A member of Munich family was fighting an addiction and on numerous occasions, Dr.Newmarch was there for us to get through a lot of tough times!! When I was 19 I had my first baby, and I was scared when I was told I had to have a c-section, and although he wasn't performing the surgery, I asked him to come with me and he did! He is like a family member to me now! I don't know what I will do when he retires. :( I hope he sells his practice to an amazing doctor!!

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016