Ratings for Dr. Satnam Gandham

Dr. Gandham runs a puppy mill for patients. He walks in to the room and barely spends more than 15 seconds. He usually walks in writing a prescription, hands it over and leaves. I cannot stress how awful and rude the staff is. There is some old lady at the front, think her name is Kamal who is the worst person to have any anyone's front desk. The staff is disorganized and usually overbook appointments. If you do decide to go there do not plan to do anything else for the rest of the day.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

Dr. Gandham has been nothing but professional and caring to his patients, some of these comments below are very strong I have never experienced any of the negativity that I have seen below, will continue to look forward to seeing him, some people have nothing better to do than negate, always stay positive and be affirmative.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

Prescription medication abuse is a huge issue in todays society and I am appalled that this doctor prescribes Tylenol 3 pills (especially Indo-Canadian elders) like its candy. It's shocking the College of Physicians has not revoked his licence by now. I know many families that are frustrated with this Physician and how he is able to prescribe T3's to their family members that already suffer from substance abuse (often in bulks of 50-100 pills at a time for non-medicinal purposes). Disgrace to the profession and the community.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2016

An hour wait each time. Have gone back for the same symptoms 3-4 times and no relief.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

He has been our doctor for almost 20 years. When I began to see him I was a teenager and today a mother of two with severe reflux disease. In past few years there were many health and other issues that our family had to face. During this time more than ever before I realized what an amazing Doctor he is. He truly cares for his patients . Besides the medications he has given me tremendous strength, words of wisdom and professional support that was much needed. Its unfortunate that some patients have experiended not so positive things but I think it was probably combination of some other mishaps . He is truly an amazing doctor . Our whole family and extended family has seen him since last 25-30 years.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2016

What a terrible doctor! I went to see him about three important things that I have been putting off seeing him about (that old, silly, British mentality of "ignore the pain and it will go away"or "I'll just get used to it" - I probably should have gone to see him sooner but I wanted to wait until it was "serious" enough to take up his time with. and all three things are serious enough. But he completely dismissed everything. he barely even looked at me and didn't seem to listen to what I said. I have peptic ulcer disease (had a perforated ulcer two years ago and very nearly died from it, then H pylori returned six months ago so i was treated for that again, but now the symptoms are back with a vengeance - despite a negative H pylori test a week ago and despite taking 40 mg daily of tectra - so I am very concerned and want to get them checked out). He had no idea what I was talking about - didn't know any of my history and just said "you have peptic ulcer disease, you'll just put up with it"!! I said well perhaps I should take a higher dose because the 40 mg of tectra didn't seem to be working enough. To which he said "yeah, you do that". I was surprised because no doctor before has recommended I take 80mg of pantoprazole, so I repeated it back to him: "so I can take 80mg a day?" And again he said "yes, you do that", but he only wrote me a prescription for 40mg - so if I did actually take 80mg a day like he said yes to then it would only last me 15 days and not 30! OK?? The other thing I saw him about was I have torn both rotator cuff's in my shoulders and on the previous visit (with a different, much better and personable doctor who has of course moved on to a different practice) was told I was having a referral to a specialist to look into Physio exercises, and possible Cortizone injections. This doctor told me No, the Referal was never made and he wasn't going to make one and I should just put up with it! he said I was too young to be in pain, so I shouldn't have any pain! Well, I might be young but I am in pain and I don't want to just put up with it!! And I actually have a very high pain threshold and so if I'm saying something hurts, for the average person they would be an absolute agony! The third thing was that I have regular sublaxations of both knee caps. I told him about this and that I've been having Physio for a number of years but the past year they've just been getting worse even with the Physio and adding new exercises and the last two dislocations have actually created odd bumpy bony bits sticking out on the inner side of the knee caps, and my Physio had recommended I see my doctor and asked for scan, possibly an MRI, to see if there had been changes. But he completely dismiss this and said "you're too young to be in pain, you shouldn't be in pain, just put up with it"!! - this seems to be his mantra. He didn't even look at my knees so I asked him to and he poked at them (didn't bend them or anything like that, literally just poked at them) for 5 seconds through my jeans (!!!) and told me I have arthritis. I told him of my knees history and how I had been diagnosed with sublaxations of both knee caps and he just said "get an exercise bike then" - I told him I do and I exercise and run exercise programs every day but still my knees are getting worse. To which he again replied "just put up with it" and refused to refer me for a scan/Xray. So he completely dismissed three very important things I went to see him for and his response to all of them was "put up with it". I most definitely will not be seeing him again and I do not recommend him to anyone else based on this awful, dismissive, careless attitude. he barely even looked at me and I had to wait almost an hour for him (even though it was a booked appointment) - an absolute waste of time and energy. Very very disappointing and disheartening. So I come away feeling more confused and distressed about not being able to sort out, or at least to improve, my health. What do I do now? I'm pretty tough and put up with a lot of pain and am used to feeling awful, but I refuse to just "put up with it" anymore, and I shouldn't have to. Absolutely terrible doctor. very disappointing.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

Some old lady has been working at the front desk who is the rudest person I have ever met. All of the good staff left once she started working there. Doctor is nice but rushes through everything. Just hands me a prescription without listening to what I have to say. Go elsewhere!!!!!!

flag | Submitted November 26, 2015

Honestly the WORST doctor I have ever had the misfortune of seeing. He seemed like he just wanted to rush me out as soon as possible, and he has absolutely NO medical knowledge. I only wish that I had not wasted my time with him in the first place.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2015

Useless doctor don't care about the patient. He thinks that he has knowledge of everything. Going to him is just wastage of time. He thinks he is always right but not truth.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

Not a good Dr. Just know how to make fun of patients

flag | Submitted July 26, 2015