Ratings for Dr. Siegfried Erb

I have been seeing Dr. Erb for five years for primary billary cirrhosis PBC. He is a little quirky, takes in getting used to his dry sense of humour, but I always feel that he gives me the time to ask my questions. He is not like a lot of other specialists who rush you out the door right away. The first meeting he told me a lot about my disease and then sat back in his chair and said " I see you have a list of questions there, fire away". I think he is an excellent doctor and I am happy that I have him taking care of my liver disease. I think that because of his help, the medication he put me on, and my change in diet I am in remission now.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2018

Dr. Erb is a pretty good doctor. But, he has the WORST receptionist I've ever seen. Never reachable even during the hours they say are available; always have to leave a voicemail. What broke the straw was though is that she straight up LIED about having provided Dr. Erb with forms I needed to be completed. I dropped them off, waited two months, and even then after going out of my way to go to their office to talk to her, she told me just to wait until the next time I had an appointment, knowing full well it wouldn't be for another month. She then called me later(after I continued to call & check in) and told me Dr. Erb had lost the forms and to bring in a new set at the appointment. By this time I had already gone to my GP to have them filled, even though she didn't know my history, and at the cost of $120 dollars. Luckily I could afford that and the literally hundreds in prescription costs while waiting for the forms that never came. God knows what would've happened if you're someone that couldn't. When I finally had my appointment with Dr. Erb, I went, and told him that I was asking for a referral due to all the problems with the receptionist. And he told me that he NEVER RECEIVED THEM. If she's hiding things from the Doctor, who knows what else is happening that he's not aware of. STAY AWAY.

Submitted December 27, 2017

Dr. Erb is one of the best Dr.'s I have ever had. He has significantly helped me change my life! He knows everything in this field, I would never want to go to anyone else!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

first time meeting him. very pleasant and put me at ease

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

Dr. Erb was one of several surgeons who looked after me during a four months stay in Vancouver where three months was in VGH. He was at the top of the class along with several other surgeons that looked after me. My general by the hospital staff was excellent. August 2015.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

my husband was referred to Dr Erb when he was diagnosed with liver cancer. He had three Tace procedures at VGH and received little to no guidance about his disease, prognosis. He would occasionally call after follow up cat scans to look for disease progression. The last phone call he made to us was to advise the disease had spread and was now in the lymph nodes. He told him he had a 50/50 chance of survival and wouldn't be seeing him any more. Coldly asked if he would like to see another Dr for chemo. We were both in shock at the cold unnerving phone call. Our medical system is a mess. Dr'.s are never fired regardless of their performance. We waited a month to see the Chemo Dr Weiss who hadn't even reviewed our file. We had previously donated to the hospital but will never donate again My husband was given months to live.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

I left his office in tears and disbelief at what he had done. I had been referred due to chest pain caused by acid. Suffering for over a year from this. After pressing on my stomach he lifted my panties and looked at my crotch. I was really freaked. He than said my pain was in my head and that I was most likely suffering from Fibromyalgia because I am a female and that there was nothing he could do . As soon as I left I called my family doctor and was referred to another dr. She discovered that I had GERD after PH Test. I would advise any female to take someone with them if they are seeing this doctor for their own safety.

Submitted March 31, 2016

As far as gastroenterologists go Dr. Erb is a wizard.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2016

On January 8 2016 I meet Dr. Erb for first time From second I meet him he have nice smile and positive approach I meet Dr Erb assistant twice and she also such nice lady Everytime I asked her question she listen and answer me and always tell me not to stress to much I'm glad to meet Dr Erb and even was for couple mints he told me everything look good and not to worry so much Just wanna say thanks to both of you And some people wrote negative comments my visit was really good Thanks again Aria

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

I've been seeing Dr Erb for the last 10 years or so, and I have Hep C and some mid/late stage Cirrhosis to the point where a vein burst in my esophagus and I had to get rushed to the hospital as I lost over a litre of blood. Anyway I was invited to undertake a new experimental treatment program, as I had relapsed in a prior treatment, and so far so good. The success rate of this program is about 90%. I just finished taking about 10 pills a day for the last 12 weeks and so far the virus is undetectable. I was told today that if I don't relapse again (I'll know in a few weeks) then in about 4-5 years the cirrhosis should be close to gone. I was also told that the chance of my getting liver cancer. (I get 2 MRI's a year) will also significantly drop. I've used another Gastroenterologist on the North Shore before switching to Dr Erb, and believe me it's night and day what Erb knows compared to the other guy. Yes he's blunt, not always friendly, but he really knows what's he's doing, and yes, he does care.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015