Ratings for Dr. Joseph S. Schwartz

Dr schwartz covers all the. Bases and is very open to any que as tins and concer mms. I wish alk drs were like him. He wil 'll be missed when he decides to retire

flag | Submitted June 2, 2013

I've seen this doctor for years. He is very thorough, careful and knows my history as he spends the time to know what is going on. He's an "old-fashioned" doc in that he doesn't rush through his appointments, has a good staff who have been with him a long time, and cares about his patients. I'll be very sorry when he retires.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2011

My 85 year old mother was diagnosed with metastasized renal cancer, 8/2010. we, her children, desperately wanted to keep her comfortable. She was taking way too many pills for someone in her situation, we later learned from hospice. And when we asked the doctor about various medications, he was dismissive and patronizing. Most upsetting, because of pain killers, my mother was on medication to avoid constipation. When she got diarrhea, we called the doctor's office for advice. We were told to stop the anti-constipation meds, of course. When we asked when to resume them, we were told "when she gets constipated". This sounded wrong and we called several times more to clarify. This was the consistent answer. Then the doctor told my brother, when my mother in front of my mother, "I don't know why you stopped the meds." We found this doctor dismissive and patronizing.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2011

Dr. Joseph S. Schwartz's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1965)

Top Hospitals in Clearwater, FL