Ratings for Dr. Yakub A. Pothiawala

I've been going to him for years. He shocked ME with his unprofessionalism, lack of cooperation IN helping ME successfully get an MRI. I have left the practice after all these years. If you want a caring doctor, this is NOT the doctor for you. However, staff (Rita and Jackie) are Wonderful!!! I will Miss them.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

I've been going to Doc for two years and while I agree that sometimes he's a little hurried and know it all but most doctors are and there hasn't been a single time he didn't listen to me and address the problem. I have a chronic medical condition, am 27 years old and a female. He also treats my fiancé. The staff at the office does come off at first as ratched, but they are very nice people who deal with the same issues every other gp in Florida has to. Yes I have heard him get very upset at patients who, to him, display drug seeking behavior. But right or wrong, it's his office and his name on the scripts...I think people are giving him too hard a time

flag | Submitted August 20, 2013

WORST DOCTOR EVER! I can not believe that this man has a job as a doctor! absolutely terrible, rude and a disgrace to the medical field. Do not waist your time as he will only explain to you over and over that he is the doctor and kick you out of the room. Looking at the other reviews I can see this man is not fit to be dealing with people.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2013

Don't waste ur time with this doctor . Diagnose yourself trust me please.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2013

It was the worst experience I could have imagined. . The Doctor abruptly came in, he was very short with his words and kept cutting me off while I was trying to explain his symptoms. He started accusing my son of drugs and tried to kick me out of the room. When my son asked me to stay and told the doctor he would take any test needed to prove he was drug free. Then asked about cortisone, my son replied "What's Cortisone" and the Doctor yelled to my son "Don't look at me like that, you play sports,you know exactly what I am speaking about.My son denied steroids usage,the doctor was still accusatory. He then ordered a physical and blood work,when I simply asked if the blood work was today.He yelled"HE was a doctor" I was no one to question his way of doing things.I tried to explain that I wasn't questioning what he wanted to do just what I needed to do. he yelled louder that HE was the Doctor.He refused to answer any questions and was so abrasive I was in total shock.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2012

The Dr. and staff are rude and unprofessional. He was to complete a physical and didn't even listen to me with a stethoscope. He ordered tests for my current condition, but wrote them ineligibly and when the lab called to check the offce staff said he would be very mad to change the script for the correct tests. I called and requested the correct script to be faxed over. In the end they refused to provide me with a copy of the results. I will NEVER return to his office. It is unclean and poorly run as well I'm not real sure he should be practicing medicine

flag | Submitted April 19, 2010

Dr. P is inconsistant at best. A few times he has been spot on in his diagnosis and taken more time to fully listen to my concerns and address my issues so I wasn't continually returning for the same problem, in this case chronic ear infections. Other times, visits to this doctor seem like I'm visiting Dr. Nick on the Simpsons. The fact that he takes cash payments only and is uncooperative with long term perscpriptions for non addictive maintenance medications is unusual and somewhat concerning as to his legitimacy.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2009

Dr. "P" was a dissapointment as a Doctor. He doesn't explain his diagnosis and treatments. He diagnosed a condition without any examination and prescribed a drug for it. When questioned he said "because I'm the Doctor". When questioned further he told me "just don't get that prescription". I will never go back to that charlatan.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Dr. Yakub A. Pothiawala's Credentials

• Spartan Hlth Sci Univ, Vieux Fort, St Lucia (Grad. 1984)

MSP/BC Med