Ratings for Dr. Elliott Mintz

He was my doctor since 1982. Excellent and personable. Sad to hear he passed away from prostate cancer.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

Rest in peace dr.elliott mintz, you were a great doctor. Cancer should not have taken you so soon. There will never be another doctor like you.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

Dr Mintz was great He delivered my ababy and was always aware of what was going on. I also find it hard to relate to any negative comments about him.. I do know that he got very busy and I think he had to take some of Dr. Bachops patients who had been the other doctor in his office on W 8th. I had my own reasons for being devastated when he retired Although I hadn't seen him for a while , when it came to light about a molestation in ,my family with a cousin I didn't have him to turn to and through all the problems I suffered from I never told him about that . He was pretty right on considering I hadn't told him anything.. He was hooked up with the best specialists and I would say he really did care.. Kindest love and regards to a well deserved Doctor and for having the faith in me at times when I didnt have any.. Sandra B

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

I really thought he is great before I really had a problem. He was always rushing and I had to speed talk as fast as I can so I can tell him everything in 30 sec. He never look into my complains and always refused to send me for ultrasound or specialist until we lost our baby. He did a D&C on me without giving me any other option when every other doctor or midwife would have, as I understood later. I got an infection right after the surgery and now I think I might be premaritally affected from his actions and I'm seeking a fertility help. I really felt that was the worse care I ever had and I'm glad he is retired!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2012

I have known Dr. Mintz since I was 19, I am now 50ish. He is the best. Sorry to hear he is retiring but I guess it is inevitable. Sorry to hear about Peggy. She was a dear. Wish all the best to Dr. Mintz in his new endeavors in life.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2011

He's been great. Elliott has been my doctor since 1981. He retires this year and I'll truly miss him...even if its just to chat.Nice guy.Peggy was wonderful too. From Luc

flag | Submitted September 15, 2011

Elliott Mintz is my hero. I love this Doctor. Delivered my Daughter 29 years ago. Has helped me through some major problems. He is connected and always gets me almost instant referrals. I truely am extremely concerned about his approaching inevitable retirement. When ever I went to emergency and got mis diagnoised (several times) Elliott saved the day and my health also a couple of organs that some quacks wanted to remove. Dr. Mintz I love you you are the best! Long may you run.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2011

I couldnt sleep at night. I asked him why? He asked me to tell him the reason. Isn't that why I went to him? Then he gave me sleeping pills. I still didn't sleep. I thought maybe it was my chronic back pain.I told him where the newest issue was in my back. He had the wrong part of my back xrayed. It has always been like pulling teeth to get him to recommend a specialist. He seems to have no empathy for chronic issues. He will prescribe pills for your symptoms but not find the root cause of those issues.I have had other family members go to him. They all left and urged me to leave... finally and sadly I have and will not let my children go to him anymore.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2010

Mintz was my Doctor for 10+ yrs and I thought he was just the best. Until I brought him my 8 week old baby to get his first shots and he told me he suspected Downs just because his eyes were slanted. I decided to go for a second opinion to a Pediatrician Clinic and they told me that they could see that my baby's eyes were slanted but that he looked like me. In order to determine that a child had Downs they must have at least 4 characteristics that fall under the guidelines for kids with Downs. The new doctor sent me to Children's Hospital the NEXT DAY whereas Mintz didn't. I got the results back within 1 month and they were negative. Our baby is normal. Funny thing is the exact same day we got the results was when we got a phone call from the Downs Clinic at Children's Hospital advising us that Dr. Mintz had referred us to their clinic, this was done ONE MONTH AFTER I had initially seen him. I never went back to him again and I NEVER received a follow up call from him either.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2010

Dr.mintz was my family doctor until 2004. I had a knee injury at work in 2003 and he never took any x-rays so it got progrssively worse until dec 2003 when my knee injured again same symptoms so I decided to go to the hospital and it showed i tore my mcl and my tendon a d chipped by left knee bone. Now I am with a new family doctor who cares and will take an x-ray if needed. I got rejected from wcb because of mintz not taking an x-Ray

flag | Submitted February 21, 2010