Ratings for Dr. Doug Kayler

He has done both my knees - Great Doctor - highly recomend him for full knee replacment - he changed my life I can walk normally again

flag | Submitted September 10, 2018

I wish to thank Dr. Kayler and his staff and the staff at Grace Hospital for a very successful knee replacement procedure and follow through. This procedure was not without its unpleasant aspects, but by listening to and following ALL instructions and physio recommendation, six weeks after the procedure and I am feeling and doing far better than I was pre surgery. I can now do things I was unable to do prior to the knee replacement and the knee is getting better daily. Thank you Dr. Kayler.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2018

Sad to see any negative comments about Dr. Kayler. I would question how much effort they applied to assist their recuperation. (lots of physio and a positive attitude work really help). I had two total knee replacements (within 5 months of each other) and can honestly say I now have my life back. Found his office staff to be very efficient, professional as well as quite accommodating. I am only sorry I did not do this years earlier. It is now 6 months since my last surgery and I am back to doing everything I used to do (better than before and pain and drug-free). Thank you Dr. Kayler, sincerely appreciated.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2018

rude assistant. No phone manner at all, lazy to get up to pull patient's chart and lies about referral status.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2018

Had an ACL reconstruction done in 1996. Had to go back within a few weeks to 'clean up' my knee (I was in the hospital for 5 days post surgery, all sorts of scar tissue built up while I laid there). Had nothing but issues for 20 years. The graft placement was poor, had my lower leg hanging at a funny angle. Re-tore the ACL 20 years later (expected) and my knee was finally sitting correctly after the tear. Had it redone correctly and is solid. Would never use this surgeon again.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2017

This guy doesn't know what he's doing. He casted my wrist wrong and it never healed properly and hurts 5 years later. My friend broke her foot and had Kayler also and said he messed her up permanently. Total goof. The medical system needs to stop letting people without common sense become doctors.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2017

Great doctor. Kind, humble man unlike some in his specialty. Couldn't help me because he doesn't do replacements but made me really wish he did.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

Dr Kayler has done both shoulders, I would highly recommend him. What a great Dr Very friendly and knowledgeable in his line of work. He gets a 10

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

So on June 19 2016. I broke my ankle in 2 places. Plus dislocated it, the bone was sticking out about 6-8 inches. I don't remember much about that day he did surgery. But he did he told me things I didn't even know I said, he is very kind. Very respectful on how he talks to you. Explains everything that is going to happen and how your recovery is going to be and the process it's going to be. I fully recommend him. Thanks doc! Debi Sousa

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

In my case Dr. Kayler's surgical skills were fantastic. The only problem was I had a work related joint injury and his office sent another persons x-rays to Workman's Compensation. To make matters worse he didn't send me in for x-ray. When I finally did have an x-ray done the damage was obvious. However. I was nearly bankrupted. Workman's compensation sat on my file and starved us to death for nearly a year without telling me why, which decimated my credit rating . I was subjected to investigation - and the investigator for WCB actually ran over our dog on the highway when it ran after their car which was initially parked in front of our home. Through all of the horror. And I do still have an occasional nightmare of watching our dog run over and memories of debt collectors harassing us, I should have sued the bstrd.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2014