Ratings for Dr. Doug Kayler

Had an ACL reconstruction done in 1996. Had to go back within a few weeks to 'clean up' my knee (I was in the hospital for 5 days post surgery, all sorts of scar tissue built up while I laid there). Had nothing but issues for 20 years. The graft placement was poor, had my lower leg hanging at a funny angle. Re-tore the ACL 20 years later (expected) and my knee was finally sitting correctly after the tear. Had it redone correctly and is solid. Would never use this surgeon again.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2017

This guy doesn't know what he's doing. He casted my wrist wrong and it never healed properly and hurts 5 years later. My friend broke her foot and had Kayler also and said he messed her up permanently. Total goof. The medical system needs to stop letting people without common sense become doctors.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2017

Great doctor. Kind, humble man unlike some in his specialty. Couldn't help me because he doesn't do replacements but made me really wish he did.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

Dr Kayler has done both shoulders, I would highly recommend him. What a great Dr Very friendly and knowledgeable in his line of work. He gets a 10

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

So on June 19 2016. I broke my ankle in 2 places. Plus dislocated it, the bone was sticking out about 6-8 inches. I don't remember much about that day he did surgery. But he did he told me things I didn't even know I said, he is very kind. Very respectful on how he talks to you. Explains everything that is going to happen and how your recovery is going to be and the process it's going to be. I fully recommend him. Thanks doc! Debi Sousa

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

In my case Dr. Kayler's surgical skills were fantastic. The only problem was I had a work related joint injury and his office sent another persons x-rays to Workman's Compensation. To make matters worse he didn't send me in for x-ray. When I finally did have an x-ray done the damage was obvious. However. I was nearly bankrupted. Workman's compensation sat on my file and starved us to death for nearly a year without telling me why, which decimated my credit rating . I was subjected to investigation - and the investigator for WCB actually ran over our dog on the highway when it ran after their car which was initially parked in front of our home. Through all of the horror. And I do still have an occasional nightmare of watching our dog run over and memories of debt collectors harassing us, I should have sued the bstrd.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2014

Round 1 was 13 years ago with a right rotator cuff injury, due to childhood baseball that came up when I started Class 1 Flat-deck work. The surgery went well, recovery went smooth and back to work I went, without the Flat-bed, moved to dry-van. Round 2 started about 20 months ago, I woke up 1 morning and my left shoulder was "on fire", right hand shifts, left hand/arm rotates steering wheel, and 11 years of that somehow did lots of damage inside. Waited, had the surgery done. Anyways, 1.5 months after physio starts, I fell right on the end of my right shoulder damaging it badly, just had the surgery last Friday. There is a reason there are over 400 people waiting for his work, if it's shoulder related, Dr. Kayler is the best around, period, he uses that little 3mm scope perfectly like it's another 1 of his fingers. I highly recommend him for shoulder work of any kind you might need. He is 3 for 3 with me, I'd give him a 9.5 out of 10. Thank you Dr. Kayler.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2013

Dr. Kayler fixed my leg in Feb. He is the best surgeon I have ever seen, SOOO friendly and did an excellent job! I would recommend him to anyone needing ortho surgery, infact I already have! Having dealt with different surgeons in the past, both personally and professionally, he is the best I've seen. :D

flag | Submitted August 13, 2011

I had my left hip replaced by Dr. Kayler in Oct. 2010 he explained the surgery to me in detail and thoughtful towards my concerns in how things would go during and after the surgery. I am not disappointed in the results and if I ever need any other joint surgery I will definitely be calling him.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2011

Dr. Kayler has hair like Albert Einstein, a twinkle in his eye like Santa Claus and the smile of pure delight that lights up the room and his hands are as a skillful as a precision machine. He reminds of of the t.v Doc House portrayed as brilliant, out of the box thinker to best help his patient, but of course Dr.Kayler doesn't go to far. Dr. Kayler smells good too:) Dr. Kayler surrounds himself with very knowledgeable, friendly helpful staff, especially when you call his office the receptionist is a gem of a lady. Just a note, surgery is always going to be less then comfortable but with Dr.Kayler and his staff they all made the journey much more achievable. Also aren't we lucky to have all that skill and service in our country we are so blessed!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2011