Ratings for Dr. Thomas Kerr

Thank you so much Dr. Kerr. Your staff is very professional and really nice people. God bless you guys for all you've done for me!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

My experiences with Dr. Kerr have been so wonderful!!! Dr. Kerr and all of his staff always take such good care of me and I feel like I'm really treated with respect. I am so happy with the results of my vein procedures! Thanks!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

Dr. Kerr is very efficient and explanatory and I am so happy that I chose this facility to go to. I have had to put my treatment on hold due to other medical problems but definitely intend to go back shortly. If you ever have a need for their type of treatment, I would highly recommend Dr. Kerr and the staff at Waters Ave.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

I have been a patient for the past four years. I have always been treated professionally from the time I walk in the door until the time I leave. I believe they have the best staff of doctors and personnel in the area and I highly recommend them to anyone with vein and vascular problems.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

Dreadful experience. Called for initial appt. in early July & couldn't see him til 8/2 was 10 minutes without any exam, just talking to Dr. Kerr & the bill was $375. He ordered an aorta & venous sonogram which were 2 more appointments with a follow-up for results. He stated I had leaky veins in front & back of legs and lasers could be used to "weld" them (EVLT). So, 9/22 Kerr's office & myself notified that insurance would cover. I tried times numerous calling, email, sending text messages without results, so I finally faxed & someone called my home to schedule on 10/26. Called the next day & left VM for "scheduler" who's VM said she'd call back in 24 hours. Tried again 2 days later with same results & sent email to her on 9/30. Nothing. On 11/2, I made an appointment with another Vascular Dr. who saw me the very next day & we are already progressing to getting my issues resolved.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

I am very happy with the Vein and Vascular Institute of Tampa Bay. I was well treated by Dr. Kerr and found him encouraging, helpful, caring and informative. Other staff were equally as pleasant and concerned. I did not follow up with my treatments due to changing insurance, but plan to go back and continue. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

15 years ago, Dr. Kerr saved my life and I would definitely refer him and his clinic to anyone needing a vascular surgeon. He has also taken care of my varicose veins. He is a fabulous doctor and all the doctors at his clinic are fabulous as well. I am grateful!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015

Everyone, from Dr. Kerr, down to the assistants, including all the ladies on the phones are very professional. I feel very relaxed when I visit the office.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

Dr. Kerr is an incredible physician, and I can't thank him enough for everything he's done for me. I would highly recommend both him and everyone at the Vein and Vascular Institute.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

Everything went great with the procedure. The pain and discomfort I was having is gone! Thanks to your great staff and Dr.Kerr.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015

Dr. Thomas Kerr's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Vascular Surgeon Tampa – Thomas Kerr, MD Restores Veins & Arteries Using The Most Advanced Vascular Surgery Methods Vascular Surgeon Tampa – Dr. Thomas Kerr has devoted his life to the practice of vascular surgery and the study of venous disorders so that he can deliver the best results and highest quality of care to his patients. He has improved the health and has saved the lives of thousands of patients who were suffering from peripheral arterial disease, venous insufficiency, carotid artery disease, aortic aneurysms and all other life-threatening arterial and vascular disorders. With over 20 years in practice, Dr. Kerr is an expert in every kind of vascular surgery procedure, from simple varicose vein removal to the most complex emergency vascular surgery. Education & Training Tampa Board Certified Vascular Surgeon, Dr. Thomas Kerr earned his medical degree from Temple University, and then completed his internship and general surgery residency at Temple University Hospital. Dr. Kerr became one of the acclaimed Kachelmacher Memorial Research Fellows, and studied under Dr. John J. Cranley. He has published original research and he has lectured on vascular topics. Vascular surgeon, Dr. Kerr completed a fellowship in vascular surgery at Good Samaritan Hospital, in Cincinnati. Then, after being awarded a traveling fellowship from the Society for Clinical Vascular Surgery, Dr. Kerr traveled to Europe to further his training with world-renowned vascular surgeons. Certifications & Expertise In addition to becoming a Board Certified Vascular Surgeon and a fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS), Dr. Kerr also became a board certified physician in vascular interpretation (RPVI). Having all these certifications, and being one of the few vascular surgeons who have passed four separate board examinations, Dr. Tom Kerr is one of the top vascular surgeons in Tampa, Florida and in the Country. Dr. Kerr has authored multiple book chapters, has co-authored a book on vascular disease, and has had several peer-reviewed articles on venous disease published in highly reputable medical journals. He is also a Clinical Associate Professor of Surgery at the University of South Florida. Awards & Memberships His extraordinary dedication and specialized studies of venous disorders has allowed Dr. Thomas Kerr to become one of the first recipients of the American Venous Forum Research Foundation Award for Studies in Venous Diseases, and a recipient of the Taylor-Caswell Teaching Award from Temple University. With his outstanding achievements and awards in the vascular surgery field, Dr. Kerr has earned the honor of becoming: Elected by peers to The Society of Vascular Surgeons A member of The Society of Clinical Vascular Surgeons A member of the American Association of Vascular Surgery One of a handful of members from the State of Florida in the American Venous Forum A member of the International Society of Endovascular Specialists Based on Dr. Kerr’s career accomplishments, you probably already know that you can trust your vascular health and your life with such an experienced and reputable vascular surgeon. To have a Free Vascular Consultation with vascular doctor, Thomas Kerr, here at The Vein and Vascular Institute of Tampa Bay, give us a call at (813) 377-2773.

• Spanish

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

• Lymphedema
  • Carotid angioplasty and stenting
  • Abdominal aortic aneurysm
  • Thoracic aortic aneurysm
  • Varicose veins
  • Deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
  • Arteriosclerosis / atherosclerosis
  • Arteriovenous fistula
  • Peripheral artery disease (PAD)

• American Venous Forum Research Foundation Award for Studies in Venous Diseases
  • Board Certified in General Surgery
  • Taylor-Caswell Teaching Award from Temple University
  • Board Certified in Vascular Surgery
  • Board Certified in Critical Care
  • Fellow of The American College of Surgeons (FACS)
  • Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation (RPVI)