I have been a patient for the past four years. I have always been treated professionally from the time I walk in the door until the time I leave. I believe they have the best staff of doctors and personnel in the area and I highly recommend them to anyone with vein and vascular problems.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

Dreadful experience. Called for initial appt. in early July & couldn't see him til 8/2 was 10 minutes without any exam, just talking to Dr. Kerr & the bill was $375. He ordered an aorta & venous sonogram which were 2 more appointments with a follow-up for results. He stated I had leaky veins in front & back of legs and lasers could be used to "weld" them (EVLT). So, 9/22 Kerr's office & myself notified that insurance would cover. I tried times numerous calling, email, sending text messages without results, so I finally faxed & someone called my home to schedule on 10/26. Called the next day & left VM for "scheduler" who's VM said she'd call back in 24 hours. Tried again 2 days later with same results & sent email to her on 9/30. Nothing. On 11/2, I made an appointment with another Vascular Dr. who saw me the very next day & we are already progressing to getting my issues resolved.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

I am very happy with the Vein and Vascular Institute of Tampa Bay. I was well treated by Dr. Kerr and found him encouraging, helpful, caring and informative. Other staff were equally as pleasant and concerned. I did not follow up with my treatments due to changing insurance, but plan to go back and continue. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

15 years ago, Dr. Kerr saved my life and I would definitely refer him and his clinic to anyone needing a vascular surgeon. He has also taken care of my varicose veins. He is a fabulous doctor and all the doctors at his clinic are fabulous as well. I am grateful!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

Dr. Kerr is an incredible physician, and I can't thank him enough for everything he's done for me. I would highly recommend both him and everyone at the Vein and Vascular Institute.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015

Truly Dr. Kerr is a great doctor and the office is great too. Very satisfied.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

Overall, the service and the treatment I received was really great!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

I had EVLT done on both legs performed approximately six weeks apart. Once the procedure started it was a piece of cake! They played my favorite music and I almost fell asleep. I DID NOT experience any discomfort. Dr. Kerr explained at each point what he was going to do and how it was going to feel. He made everything go so smoothly and I'm so happy I had the procedure done...I feel so much better now.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

Dr. Thomas Kerr's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Vascular Surgeon Tampa – Thomas Kerr, MD Restores Veins & Arteries Using The Most Advanced Vascular Surgery Methods Vascular Surgeon Tampa – Dr. Thomas Kerr has devoted his life to the practice of vascular surgery and the study of venous disorders so that he can deliver the best results and highest quality of care to his patients. He has improved the health and has saved the lives of thousands of patients who were suffering from peripheral arterial disease, venous insufficiency, carotid artery disease, aortic aneurysms and all other life-threatening arterial and vascular disorders. With over 20 years in practice, Dr. Kerr is an expert in every kind of vascular surgery procedure, from simple varicose vein removal to the most complex emergency vascular surgery. Education & Training Tampa Board Certified Vascular Surgeon, Dr. Thomas Kerr earned his medical degree from Temple University, and then completed his internship and general surgery residency at Temple University Hospital. Dr. Kerr became one of the acclaimed Kachelmacher Memorial Research Fellows, and studied under Dr. John J. Cranley. He has published original research and he has lectured on vascular topics. Vascular surgeon, Dr. Kerr completed a fellowship in vascular surgery at Good Samaritan Hospital, in Cincinnati. Then, after being awarded a traveling fellowship from the Society for Clinical Vascular Surgery, Dr. Kerr traveled to Europe to further his training with world-renowned vascular surgeons. Certifications & Expertise In addition to becoming a Board Certified Vascular Surgeon and a fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS), Dr. Kerr also became a board certified physician in vascular interpretation (RPVI). Having all these certifications, and being one of the few vascular surgeons who have passed four separate board examinations, Dr. Tom Kerr is one of the top vascular surgeons in Tampa, Florida and in the Country. Dr. Kerr has authored multiple book chapters, has co-authored a book on vascular disease, and has had several peer-reviewed articles on venous disease published in highly reputable medical journals. He is also a Clinical Associate Professor of Surgery at the University of South Florida. Awards & Memberships His extraordinary dedication and specialized studies of venous disorders has allowed Dr. Thomas Kerr to become one of the first recipients of the American Venous Forum Research Foundation Award for Studies in Venous Diseases, and a recipient of the Taylor-Caswell Teaching Award from Temple University. With his outstanding achievements and awards in the vascular surgery field, Dr. Kerr has earned the honor of becoming: Elected by peers to The Society of Vascular Surgeons A member of The Society of Clinical Vascular Surgeons A member of the American Association of Vascular Surgery One of a handful of members from the State of Florida in the American Venous Forum A member of the International Society of Endovascular Specialists Based on Dr. Kerr’s career accomplishments, you probably already know that you can trust your vascular health and your life with such an experienced and reputable vascular surgeon. To have a Free Vascular Consultation with vascular doctor, Thomas Kerr, here at The Vein and Vascular Institute of Tampa Bay, give us a call at (813) 377-2773.

• Spanish

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

• American Venous Forum Research Foundation Award for Studies in Venous Diseases
  • Board Certified in General Surgery
  • Taylor-Caswell Teaching Award from Temple University
  • Board Certified in Vascular Surgery
  • Board Certified in Critical Care
  • Fellow of The American College of Surgeons (FACS)
  • Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation (RPVI)

AARP
Pioneer
Preferred Care
Principle Life Insurance
Private Health Care Systems
Private Healthcare Systems (Phcs)
Private Small Business Insurance
Univera
Vytra Health Plans
Wausau Benefits
Wellcare Health Plans
Wps Health Insurance (Wps)
Zenith Administrators Inc
Zurich

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient for the past four years. I have always been treated professionally from the time I walk in the door until the time I leave. I believe th..."

January 5, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Dreadful experience. Called for initial appt. in early July & couldn't see him til 8/2 was 10 minutes without any exam, just talking to Dr. Kerr & the bill was..."

November 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am very happy with the Vein and Vascular Institute of Tampa Bay. I was well treated by Dr. Kerr and found him encouraging, helpful, caring and informative. ..."

November 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "15 years ago, Dr. Kerr saved my life and I would definitely refer him and his clinic to anyone needing a vascular surgeon. He has also taken care of my varicos..."

August 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Everyone, from Dr. Kerr, down to the assistants, including all the ladies on the phones are very professional. I feel very relaxed when I visit the office. "

August 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Kerr is an incredible physician, and I can't thank him enough for everything he's done for me. I would highly recommend both him and everyone at the Vein a..."

July 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Everything went great with the procedure. The pain and discomfort I was having is gone! Thanks to your great staff and Dr.Kerr."

June 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Truly Dr. Kerr is a great doctor and the office is great too. Very satisfied."

June 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Overall, the service and the treatment I received was really great!"

June 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had EVLT done on both legs performed approximately six weeks apart. Once the procedure started it was a piece of cake! They played my favorite music and I a..."

May 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Kerr is excellent, staff is great, I am very satisfied with the care i have received. - Marjorie."

May 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been going to see Dr. Kerr ever since the office was located near St. Josephs hospital. Everyone, from Dr. Kerr, down to the assistants, including all th..."

May 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I would highly recommend Dr. Kerr for any vein/vascular treatment needed to my friends, family and work associates."

May 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "As a physician myself as well as a vein patient, I can vouch for the quality of care received with this team. I have had surgical procedures with them that were..."

May 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Kerr is very approachable, and no question is left unanswered. I would certainly recommend this facility to anyone . I give them an A+, and that is high pra..."

April 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Kerr and his staff were not only very professional but very friendly and caring. I was very Blessed to have Dr Kerr and his wonderful staff do my vein surger..."

April 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr Kerr by a RN that I trust very much at my PCM clinic, I had pain on my legs for a while and knew I needed help. I checked with Dr Kerr and..."

April 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great doctor (Dr.Kerr)! Great staff!! Attentive and comfortable. Talk you through the procedure so you know what to expect. This is my second procedure due to b..."

April 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The staff and Dr. Kerr are top notch! I could not ask for a better place to receive treatment and I could not be happier with the results. I will not hesitate ..."

April 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I would definitely recommend Dr. Kerr...during the procedure patient's comfort is constantly monitored and maintained. He even offers his personal cell phone if..."

March 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had my varicose veins and my spider veins treated at the Vein and Vascular Institute. I'm so happy with my results. My legs look and feel so much better. Than..."

March 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very professional and listened to my concerns. He left nothing overlooked in determining a proper diagnosis. My neighbor was having similar problems so she w..."

March 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Kerr is amazing. I was having cramping in my legs and even walking was becoming difficult. After surgery with him, my legs feel great and no more cramping!..."

February 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Kerr is a true expert in his field. I've been going to him for over 15 years for my chronic leaky veins. His treatments keep my legs feeling great. He is tr..."

February 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Kerr and staff are friendly, have knowledge to answer important questions, and make me feel secure that I'm receiving the best care. I trust Dr Kerr with my ..."

February 20, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "https://www.tampavascularsurgeon.com". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "(813) 377-2773".

February 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr T. Kerr operated on my carotid artery. All 3 doctors operated on me (Dr. Kerr, Dr. Gonzalez and Dr. Wright). Words cannot describe how much I have respect ..."

February 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The staff at the Vein and Vascular Institute of Tampa Bay is absolutely wonderful. From the moment I walked in the door I felt comfortable. The procedures wer..."

February 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Kerr was very attentive and professional. He discovered a blood clot in my leg and made sure I was taken care of immediately. Follow up was excellent. I wou..."

February 13, 2015
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=450706'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.4

February 5, 2014
  • 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

October 9, 2012
  • Specialty changed from "Surgeon" to "Vascular Surgeon"

October 5, 2012