Ratings for Dr. W. Barrie Woodhurst

I had this doctor for epilepsy surgery over 4 years ago. I wish I had never done that, as the side effects seem to be permanent, and are much worse than the original problem. Many, many regrets.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

Nov16 was 10 yrs since I under went a craniotomy in VGH My Neurosurgeon, Dr Woodhurst & Neurologist Dr Jones Great Drs Thank u great doctors and staff. I now have been seizure for 10 yrs and no more for seizure meds too. This was a life changing what Dr Woodhurst did for me and my family. Thank you!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2010

I had brain surgery in 1992 for epilepsy he is a great doctor Shelley Fortin.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2010

Dr. Woodhurst did brain surgery on me to cure my epilepsy in Nov of 2002. The most signifigant experience of my life and I always felt like I was in excellent hands. Dr. Woodhurst and his team saved my life.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2010

I had surgery with Dr. Woodhurst over 6 months ago, and will forever regret it. Very friendly and sociable person, but all the post surgery severe complications are far worse than the original problem.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2010

Dr. Woodhurst operated on me on November 16 2006. He was very proffesional, and his way of explaining the surgery as well as walking me through it was great. I didn't think it was possible to go into a brain surgery, and not be worried. I had more trust and confidence in Dr. Woodhurst then any other surgeon I have ever been in contact with. I was lucky to have him.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2009

I had Brain surgery three weeks ago to get a tumour removed and Dr. Woodhurst was my surgeon. In my experience he is a great surgeon and did a great job. I would recomend him to anyone. I have been seizure free now since the surgery and I can now move on with my life to be off medication this year sometime.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2009

Dr. Woodhurst saw me after I experience several unexplained seizure-like episodes, I had seen several specialists and a GP but had no hard diagnosis. He helped to provide me with a diagnosis that I understood due to his through explanation of my condition. Very timely, helped to put me at ease during examination through some good jokes, an excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2009

This man saved my life.I would put my life in his hands again and feel good knowing that I have got the right man for the job.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2009

Dr. Woodhurst removed a brain tumor from my husband 6 months ago. He has given us back our quality of life. We travelled over 1000km to see him, and he worked with us in every way to get things done around our schedule. He made us feel confident in him and his work, and hopeful for a good outcome (what we got was a GREAT outcome. He is an amazing doctor and surgeon, and a great person all around. We are forever thankful.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2008