Ratings for Dr. Timothy R. Lorenzen

I have been seeing Dr. Lorenzen for several years. He performed cataract surgery, after which I developed an astigmatism, and my vision has been deteriorating since then. Refraction has been a problem as well, despite spending thousands of dollars on glasses at the office optician center. In addition, two years ago, I had called for an appointment since I had received no appointment reminder; the situation occurred again this year, and the staff was not particularly responsive to my request to be seen in a timely manner. This office has become a "factory", and I will change ophthalmologists. I recommend doing your due diligence, and check other ophthalmologists in the area who can be more attentive to your needs for good eye care.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

I am very disappointed with the staff at this office. I brought my one year old son and I waited 2 hours to be seen. The prescribed medication required insurance authorization but after two weeks of waiting for the medication, I was informed by the insurance that the claimed was never submitted. In the meantime, my baby's eye would get shut open at times because we ran out of the sample. The lady "Patty" at the doctor's office was unwilling to follow up with the insurance because she said it was a 20 min wait but when I called, I was connected within few seconds. I had to make a million phone calls and follow up to their office and insurance on their behave. Horrible office.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2015

I brought my 2 month old son to Dr. Lorenzen because he is a Pediatric Ophthamologist. However, this practice was not at all accommodating for children. Tthe appointment ran almost an hour late. As I was waiting in the exam room, my son woke up and was very hungry. I tried to soothe and distract, but being a 2 month old nothing would satisfy him. A sign in the lobby stated "No food or drink in the exam room". I had my husband go speak to the assistant to see if we could feed him because he is a baby. She said we could go back out in the waiting room (and give up our spot) or wait for the doctor. So we waited. Finally 2 men came in with a box and started getting out medical equipment. No one ever introduced themselves or explained what was going on. The doctor attempted to look at my son's eye, but in all honesty I don't even think he saw anything because my baby had his eyes squeezed shut from screaming. I was very disappointed that this was supposed to be a place for children.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2013

Dr. Timothy R. Lorenzen's Credentials

• University Of Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

• BCBS Illinois