Ratings for Dr. Alexander Sonkin

Dr Sonkin is wonderful. He's conservative which I like and will never force you to do anything you're not comfortable with. Highly recommend this practice. His staff is very nice also.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

Excellent doctor... highly recommend. 5 stars!! Very professional, takes his time with you and explains everything.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

I have been going to Dr Sonkin for years and think he is the best around! Year ago, one of his former receptionist told me his diagnosises are 99.9 percent right on! I have always been treated well and his office staff is great! I give him a 5 star rating!

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

I have used Dr. Sonkin for well over 30 years, since he opened his practice in Tampa. My family were patients intermittently. I really like him as a doctor. and have changed insurances rather than doctors. I find he is very knowledgeable, and not an alarmist or out to push pills or costly treatments, but will refer out when he feels it is necessary. This saved my life. . Office staff not too efficient, since long time staff Marilyn and Barbara retired, although his wife, as office manager, does what she can with a pleasant manner. I refer many people to him.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

My family has used Dr. Sonkin for 30+ years; I personally for over 2 years. HE IS ( AS TONY THE TIGER--IN THE OLD " FROSTED FLAKES' ADS USED TO SAY GRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTa). He takes his time, to explain everything in simple English, not medical talk. Gives straight answers to questions; and asks questions that ( muself; and have been told by other family members who go to him) might never think to ask he gives straight answers to questions.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2014

Excellent doctor. Practical advice and does not take himself seriously. Very caring and does not take himself seriously.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2014

Punctual, but spends adequate time with patient to address all needs. Uses information that is understandable and appropriate for the patient. The best doctor and practice I've found after 7 years in Tampa (and 3 other PCPs).

flag | Submitted April 17, 2013

He is best Dr. in Tampa. He is provider for my family.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2011

Dr. Sonkin is extremely straightforward and no nonsense. I love him because he cares about ME instead of pharm reps and how HE can make a buck. His focus is medicine and helping patients. If you are looking for a doctor who is fake and sweet in your face and tells you what you want to hear, look elsewhere. If you want a dr. who genuinely cares about YOU and tell you the truth, he's the best doctor in Tampa. He reminds me of the small town doctors back in the day how they used to be and you won't find that anywhere anymore. He's the best dr. I have ever had and I will NEVER change him until he retires. P.S. I'm in my 30s so i'm not old if that's what you were thinking.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2011

Dr. Sonkin is a straight forward doctor that tells it like it is. He doesn't prescribe medicine that is not necessary. He is patient and knowledgeable. More like an old-time family physician. We do not have insurance so his rates are reasonable.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2011

Dr. Alexander Sonkin's Credentials

• Zaporozskij Med Inst, Zaporoz'E, Ukraine (Grad. 1972)

• Aetna - Choice Pos Ii