Ratings for Dr. Gabriel A. Gonzales-Portillo

My wife had a baseball size brain tumor. This surgeon came highly recommended. After 5 hours of surgery my wife still remembers everything, she is still herself. Thank you Gabriel A. Gonzales-Portillo for giving my wife her life back.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

Dr. Gonzales-Portillo is fantastic! I would recommend him to everyone!! I had a 3 level ACDF last March - full range of motion now. And in July, I was fused from T10 to S1 and I do not limp and am straight now!!. I am 57 and had one surgeon tell me I was too old for scoliosis surgery, to just go to pain mgmt and rehab. Dr. Portillo IS LIKE GOD! Amazing results, amazing recuperation. He is the best!!

flag | Submitted July 3, 2015

Performed my neck surgery in 2010. Pain in shoulder and arm gone after surgery. Should hv had it it done a year earlier like he wanted, but I was scared an opted for pt. As soon a pain came back, I scheduled surgery. Ain't bad to look a either!

flag | Submitted September 27, 2014

This Doc thinks he's GOD....I went to him upon recommendation from my pain management MD regarding back pain. During my 1st consult Dr Portillo openly opined that my condition was as bad as it FACTUALLY was. He insisted that I go through a procedure that was INCREDIBLY painful just to prove him WRONG. During my surgery he had complications which put my length of being "under" at 7 hours...a full 2 hours more than he estimated....And yet he stated to me that my condition wasnt bad. Do you homework people....DO NOT even consider having a consult with Dr. Porkdillo.....

flag | Submitted June 27, 2012

Hesitant to give an opinion. Main concern was about cancer yet can only state that there isn't a pinched nerve. Recommended 90-day follow up for further testing. Upon 90-day appoinment no script for additional test. Previously explained that there was inflammation and requested script. Instead, he disagreed and stated no inflammation. Assistant did nothing but stand there. No acklowledgement or even look at the patient, and didn't say a word on both visits.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009