Ratings for Dr. Charles Lynde

This comment is not just about Dr Lynde. My story begins with Dr Obney. I went to her about a dime sized spot on my face. She burned it off and after it had healed it was larger and darker than before. I returned to show her and she burned it again. Same results. The spot became still bigger and darker. She wanted to burn it again but I decided to seek another opinion. Saw Dr Kraft who assured me it was nothing to worry about and to just leave it. Finally saw Dr Lynde himself who gave me a cream and told me to return in 6 months. The cream did nothing so he finally did a biopsy. I have the beginning of melanoma! Two days ago I had the first of at least 2 surgeries to remove the spot. Right now I have about 30 stitches in my face all around the wound. It is very close to my mouth and I am in a lot of discomfort Next week I have to either repeat this procedure,depending on whether they got all the cancer cells,or go on to the next step. That involves cutting from my cheek to my ear and down my neck. When I told Dr Lynde that Dr Kraft should look at me so he knows what possible cancer looks like he said it probably wasn't this big when he saw it. Wrong!!! It was!!! And now I am living with the consequences. I'm convinced that I would not be going through such invasive procedures if this had been dealt with effectively from the beginning!Thanks Lynde Clinic! P.S. The dr doing my surgery is wonderful. I have a lot of confidence in him. And,he says I will be scarred from all this!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2016

He examined my skin in the dark. How he could see any of my skin issues, I have no idea... Kept saying it was rosacea while saying that the symptoms didn't fit. And it's virtually impossible to get a hold of anyone in reception (via email or phone or otherwise).

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

Wonderful staff and medical care, well worth the often wait time.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

I had a wonderful experience last week at Lynde clinic. I was skeptical of wait times due to some negative comments below. My appointment was scheduled for 8am and I was seen by dr Lynde at 8:30am. I will be back... follow up is in a few months.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2016

Dr. Lynde is the only doctor who has helped with my psoriasis. It's finally manageable. Thank you!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

Dr Lynde is the top dermatologists in Canada. He is always a delight to see. His compassion and dedication shine through. I highly recommend him to anyone. Being the top derm, you should expect to wait to see him. Thanks again Dr Lynde and the wonderful staff.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

I called, they answered, and IMMEDIATELY put me "ON HOLD".... it's been over 20 minutes and I am still waiting for someone, anyone, to pick up. I just can't imagine how INCONSIDERATE of our time they will be when I bring my elderly mother to see Dr. Lynde. SHAMEFUL! BTW, I'm still on hold :-(

Submitted September 6, 2016

Staff know they are overbooking, but they still do it anyway! If you ask them about the wait time, they answer very rude and not accommodating at all. Doctor Lynde himself is nice, however, as other reviewers have mentioned, he is always in a hurry.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2016

Dr. Lynde is an incredibly genuine person and very knowledgeable doctor. The first being as important as the second to anyone suffering with a medical issue. He is incredibly busy and not usually available in between scheduled visits . I have had to wait a minimum of 30 minutes to 2 hours after my scheduled appointment time and you need to be prepared to wait. There are many doctors in the Markham clinic so the waiting room and parking lot are almost always full to capacity. I am there 2- 3 times a week for therapy so I have seen this regularly for a year now. Calling the office is a nightmare as they don't answer or the line is busy. So following up on getting things done takes days or even weeks in my experience. The ball does get dropped. If I wasn't going in often I don't know how I would get things done. I do feel he has spread himself too thin between all the locations he works from. Regardless I am much happier to have Dr Lynde look after my care than the last three dermatologists combined because he is compassionate and doesn't seem to mind answering my concerns about treatment options. I think too many doctors have defensive or dismissive attitudes towards patients. He has not. Also Dr Carrie Lynde is truly her father's daughter as I found her to be just as genuine in her patient care when I have seen her instead of him. It's nice to be able to give a positive review and I wish more people would take the time to do it rather than just when you have a negative experience. Reviews do help others make decisions about their health care as long as they are honest. I like to see the where the balance lies. I think you can tell a fake positive (planted) or overly critical negatives if you read them carefully.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

What would otherwise have been a very stressful and painful procedure was handled in a very calming and painless manner by Dr. Charles Lynde - a great doctor and great person. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016