Ratings for Dr. James Mugisha

I have been with this doctor for 19 years this past September. No person is perfect, but at least I know he cares. He has never rushed me and genuinely cares about me as a patient. His MOA/Assistant Marty is very respectful. If you call ahead, based on the patient load and however long it is taking, she can ball park how far behind he is. Yes he is practically always behind. Yes if you ask him to complete a form, it might take a few days (or weeks). But he cares and he respects patient confidentiality. Anyone that doesn't want to see him, please formally let the office know so that I can get some of my family and friends setup with his clinic!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

Been going to him for appox 4 yrs nice man but picks and chooses what he wants to deal with when I know something is brewing I have to wait 2 extra weeks to get antibotics as then even sicker than I was I don't understand this wish he was easier to talk to

flag | Submitted April 2, 2017

i have been with Dr. Mugisha for over 20 years, and would not trade . He is most attentive and does actually care about your health. Marty is also excellent and most pleasant to deal with. i would go higher than the 5 star rating if i could--thank you so much

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017

Dr. Mugisha has been my doctor for 30 years. He is worth waiting for, because he gives you as much time as you need. Marty his assistant is very friendly and caring. Thanks for all the great years of service.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

Awesome doctor!! He's helped me so much. And very knowledgable. Marty is such a sweetheart, always respectful and wonderful to have there.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2014

Dr. Mugisha is so kind and understanding. His Medical office assistant is lovely and always pleasant as long as you are respectful of her and the office. Be prepared to wait an average of one hour! If you are prepared to wait, it won't be so bad.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

Employers beware. I noted the comments below that other employers take issue with this doctors unethical ways. We have filed a complaint with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC. For the right price this doctor will write a note for anything. His latest indicated that our employee was unable to work for the long weekend - how convenient - amazing skill set that he would know the employee would be ill for these specific 4 days. Completely unethical!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

He is our family doctor and I hate going there. Always a wait of atleast 70mins. He is not very informative and you almost have to ask him for answers. Unfortunately I am having a hard time finding a regular family doctor for my son in our area. So I will stick it out for a while. His receptionist is great to deal with.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2013

Dr. Mugisha has been my family doctor for 10 years, he has delivered my son and looked after our family well. His terrific bedside manner and laid back and realistic approach to life's challenges are a good fit for me. Marty is absolutely fine with me. She does however stand up for herself, so if someone is going to take their impatience out on her, she will likely stand up for herself and so she should. If everyone would be upfront when booking and tell her that they need a longer appointment perhaps she would be able to better manage the schedule, but I like the fact that I am not rushed when I am in there. My questions are answered and concerns are addressed every time.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2013

The Dr is a nice man, but it was too inconvenient to ever be able to get an appointment with him. The receptionist is very rude. Over the past couple of years I stopped going to him because I couldn't deal with how rude the receptionist is.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2013