Ratings for Dr. Kevin Wing

First time I ever rated people; I was looking up his Ph number to call for my first appt in many years. This criticism is unwarranted. Nothing negative about my ankle surgery 7 yrs ago at all. Good advice, perfect work, not one tinge of pain since, after years of unbearable pain. Truly a gifted surgeon, he has helped put St Pauls foot and ankle clinic at the top of North America over the years. Interesting to hear him quietly teaching others, e.g. what they were feeling inside my ankle, or explaining how the surgery has evolved with slight changes to perfect it. Back then his nurse/receptionist was busy, curt, to the point, but friendly in the office. Perhaps the old expression "didn't suffer fools gladly". On the outgoing office phone message, she warned you that you would be waiting, that existing patients were the priority.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

I seen Kevin Wing today at the Work Safe building. I am so greatful I was able to see him and I am more then happy with our visit. The man knows his stuff and I am finally getting some help. Hes set me up with a plan. I finally feel like someone cares and knows what they are doing. He truly cares about who he sees. The comment about being on work safes side is far from true. I did not get that at all. I feel lucky to have him as my specialist/ surgon and hope that his suggestions and his plan works and he is able to get me back to work. I am.going to do all it takes. First time in two years I feel positive.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

Warning! Dr. Kevin Wing is on WorkSafe BC's payroll, he will look you in the eye with a smile on his face and out right lie about your condition

flag | Submitted January 7, 2017

Doctor is very nice, receptionist however is a complete RUDE piece of work

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

I dislocated my knee in February 2006 and Dr. Kevin Wing the orthopedic surgeon on duty at St. Paul's Hospital the night I came into emergency and that was only good or lucky thing to happen that evening. Dr. Wing was able give the knowledge and help me understand what happened and what I needed to do to get better. He had a great bedside manor and I never felt that he did not care about my injury, with many other doctors were the opposite. It was too bad I had to see another orthopedic surgeon because he was the best doctor I have ever had and I have seen a lot with still dealing with the nerve problem that came from that evening.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2015

Had an ankle fusion in June, ankle is more stable now than I can ever remember. Some numbness and swelling still but nothing compared to what it was. Having a second fusion with additional work done this January and would not dream of having another surgeon do the work. Only problem was the wait to get into see him.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2014

I had pain in my ankle . first of all the reception very rude and unreachable! she almost disappeared all the time . you have to put message then and she is going to call you.when ? god knows!anyway. the mri show that the small piece of bone just front of ankle makes pain . so I decided to surgery but now the pain for those part is gone but I have huge pain in my whole ankle! it seems they did unnecessary cleaning for ankle joint and they rubbed inside! I can't walk! I don't have any idea whats level of knowledge ? but I regret the surgery that I did! I supposed to take pain and continuing living. I have family and I have to make ilve for them by my feet.now I am looking for best doctor to help me. any idea?

flag | Submitted June 8, 2014

Very good doctor, he corrected the surgery that had been performed on my foot by another doctor. The procedure went exactly as he said it would. He is professional, punctual and polite, and he rocks the scrubs. Nothing negative to say.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013

Kevin is an excellent surgeon he takes the time to explain what's going to happen and is very open as far as rehab and length of recovery,not a lot of touchy feely but that's great it's not what I want from a surgeon.He's an great man with a knife and that is what you really want out of a surgeon isn't it!

flag | Submitted October 18, 2011

I recently had a forefoot reconstruction done by Dr. Wing and I found him to be an excellent doctor. He patiently explained the entire procedure and what I could expect as an outcome. I am now 12 weeks post op and am healing nicely. I can already tell that the functionality of my foot is dramatically improved. Dr. Wing even visited me while I was in the hospital to provide me with the details of how the surgery went and to ensure that I was doing well. He has always been punctual for my follow up appointments and was consistently polite despite being an obviously busy doctor. I observed him treating other patients in adjoining rooms and he treated everyone of them with great respect.I am completely happy with my treatment and the surgery and would not hestitate to recommend Dr. Wing to anyone contemplating surgery.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2011