Ratings for Dr. Richard Kendall

Given that healthcare at Richmond Hospital tends to be driven by money motivated surgeons and indifferent and incompetent nursing staff, it was a breath of fresh air to be referred to a totally different surgeon, ie, dr. kendall. He knew of my disastrous experiences with RH and took it upon himself to get me booked in with one of BC's top (if not THE top) surgeons at VGH...night and day difference in professionalism. Thank you for vastly improving my quality of life and allowing me to stay away from that disgusting excuse for a hospital in Richmond.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

I could not have had a better doctor, and have never had any problem with his office assistant .

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

Office assistant was unprofessional, rude and failed to do her job. Failed to return phone calls and emails. I caught her in several "non truths" but was too polite to say anything about it. Unbelievable! Dr. Kendall drastically changed how he treated me for the worse after he spoke to her. Makes me wonder what she must have told him. Completely unprofessional. This experience has caused me to lose respect for Dr. Kendall. I have no idea why you were so rude to me. completely unnecessary. Flabbergasted!

flag | Submitted November 29, 2016

I had ORIF Lisfranc surgery done on my foot by Dr. Kendall and I am very pleased with his care. He is very personable and knowledgeable. He has fantastic bedside manner and takes the time to answer all your questions even though the cast clinic is so busy. He is kind and professional. Thank you for taking good care of me. M

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

Dr. Kendall is knowledgeable, professional, offers excellent service, very polite and helpful. He helped my mom go back to her active life after doing the knee replacement surgery on her right knee. Very accommodating to fit our concerns. Thank you Doctor Kendall for your good thoughts and care. Regina Hermosado

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

Dr. Kendall had been treating me with shots to my knee as my preferred treatment for 2 years before I accepted the fact I needed a partial knee replacement to both knees. At 70 I realized this was going to be necessary if I happened to be lucky enough to live another 20 years. I am a slow learner I guess. Dr Kendall is pretty amazing in that he does a fine job while being a regular guy and talking straight and friendly to boot. I had my first knee replacement in May of 2015, and though I made some errors in preparation, Dr Kendall did his job wonderfully, and gave me his full attention. I am almost looking forward to having the other half knee replacement this spring. My recovery was slow in the beginning, due to my naivety but this time I will be right on top of it and Believe every word my fine surgeon says. He is a gem in his field and well worth any wait list there may be. It is not up to him about the wait list. He is ready to go most every day, it is about funding and hospital and the wonderful world of CANADIAN MEDICAL that we live in. Ask anyone in the States about wait list and cost... and then thank God for Dr Kendall and BC Med. (PS Rachel is the other gem in the office, listening to all of our needs and trying to make everyone happy. Good Girl Rachel, thanks so much)

flag | Submitted January 10, 2016

My daughter had her acl reconstruction performed by Dr. Kendall. We found him very knowledgeable, professional and courteous. Most importantly, he did an excellent job and my daughter is back playing sports with no issues after a year. We cannot thank Dr. Kendall and Rachel enough!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2015

Excellent experience with Dr. Kendall and Rachel. I am walking with very little assistance or none at all ( 7 weeks after total hip replacement)!. Thank you very much for taking me as your patient. Also a "Thank you" to the nurses @ Richmond hospital, especially Lizz. Please be there when I return for my right hip replacement :) I noticed someone already described the lady in the admission office to a tee, so...enough said! Jeanette McKay

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

Why are GPs referring patients to Dr Kendall? after waiting three months I called his office spoke to a very unhelpful member of staff. She informed me that it would be up to a year before I could see him. I asked her why they didn't let patients know this very important information (then we could go somewhere else) She said it was not there protocol to do this. So my question again in why are MSP patients being referred to this Dr? when he has no time for them, as he is so busy with his private patients. I am sure he is a very good Dr if you ever get to see him.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2015

I was refered by UBC Sport Clinic to see Dr. Kendall regarding my Achilles Tendon rapture on my left feet. This accident happened 1 week ago and Dr. Kendall is the 4th doctor I see, the first three doctors made me feel discomforable and confuse about my injury. No one can give me an idea what happened nor what is the best treatment for me until I see Dr. Kendall. He has a solid attitude and knowleable analyst for me. Now I feel much better than 2 days ago. Due to tendon surgrey is time concern, it's always better to have it done in a earlier stage(first 72 hours) so I was waiting for the advice from a professional and experience doctor regarding do I need surgrey or not. However, no other 3 doctors can tell me excatly the answer until I see Dr. Kendall. The only bad experience I have is the lady working at the admitting office(Richmond Genreal Hospital), she has very BAD attitude and she always hiding in her own office. Also the ticket machine is not working for months which the lady said it will be replaced SOON!!!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015