You may also like

Rate Dr. Jorge Mayo

Dr. Jorge Mayo's Ratings

Dr. Mayo delivered both of my children. Both time he was not on call and still came to the hospital at 2:00 a.m for both births (2:17 and 2:40 a.m.) . My daughter wasn't breathing and we was able to start her breathing. The staff were always so nice and helpful with scheduling. The receptionists would inform us right away if he would be late. I found the fact that he wasn't on call and still came in to deliver my babies shows his loyalty to his patients. I would recommend him to anyone

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2911394].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 1, 2015

Dr Mayo was able to take charge of my high risk pregnancy right away. He always kept me informed of everything that was going on. Dr Mayo saved my life when my pregnancy went sideways. Without him there I probably wouldn't be alive today!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2891715].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2015

Dr. Mayo was 100% supportive of my birth plan. Even when the nurse at the RAH was dumb- he was there to double check that I was ok with adjusting part of my plan.
I know he can run a bit late at times but I was ok with that because he was helping his patients. He did the same for me - he wasnt on call that day but made sure to check on my L&D status 3x. The receptionist gave us plenty of notice if he was running late. I plan on seeing him for the rest of my children.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2886884].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2015

Dr. Mayo has been my doctor through 3 pregnancies now. He is 1000x better than the one I had for my first 2 kids. He actually takes the time to talk to you, listen, and knows what he is doing. He's very sweet. He was also very supportive when I had a missed miscarriage at 16 weeks and he did my D/C the next day, for which I had no complications and very little discomfort. I'm so comfortable with his abilities that I have already signed for him to do my tubal as well. Outside of being late a lot due to his many duties and patients, he really is the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2875028].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

Dr. Mayo is awesome! I have had 3 children and he was at all 3 deliveries. He is a very sweet, soft spoken man with a gentle hand. He also has a wonderful relationship with his staff and the nurses. He treats everyone with respect and is ver kind.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2841781].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

Dr. Mayo accepted a referral when others wouldn't to fix me after another OBGYN had completely sewn me shut after birth. He was extremely kind. I got into surgery very quickly as well as had a follow up appointment soon after. I am so happy I waited it out and found somebody else to help me as the doctor who was in the delivery room after I had my baby was the biggest b**** on the face of the earth. Dr. Mayo's staff also do an AMAZING job of keeping things running smoothly. Both of my appointments were pushed back due to him having to leave for emergencies, but they gave me the heads up so I could come in later and when I did go in I didn't wait more than 10 minutes to see him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2841020].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

Receptionist is a real b^+[# both on the telephone and worse in person. Makes me want to ask for a different referral

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2840035].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

Very knowledgable, but do NOT expect your appointment to start on time. I waited 45 minutes in the waiting room, followed by over an hour and a half in the exam room. If you're not pregnant, he seems to have no interest in treating you. I was told to come back and see him when I wanted to start a family - apparently, until then my issues could wait. Very, very knowledgeable, and explained things very well, but was not helpful beyond that.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2815670].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

I feel blessed to have been forwarded to Dr. Mayo. He is such a professional. He is simply amazing. Easy to talk to. You can ask any question you have. No judgments. He understands it is not an easy appointment and makes it one. He does run a little late sometimes, but to get to see a professional like him is worth it. He takes the time to make sure you feel confident in your physical issues. I always double check my appointments as a busy clinic like Dr. Mayos has constant calls and patients that sometimes things can get mixed up. He makes me feel extremely cared for in a circumstance I don't really want to be in. Thank you Dr. Mayo and staff for all your care.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2782326].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

I haven't had any problems since switching to Dr.Mayo as my OB/GYN, I don't understand how people have issues with speaking to him since he can communicate very well just has a slight accent. As for his staff after reading reviews I was worried I'd be treated rudely but so far everyone I've dealt with has been nice and welcoming. Candace his nurse is such a sweetheart the nicest and when the ultrasound machine wouldn't work his staff went out of their way to rebook me at a clinic later the same day.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2776584].votes_count ]]