You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Jorge Mayo

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

Dr. Mayo came to the rescue when the delivery of our first born did not go as smoothly as we would have liked. His expertise and bedside manner are what helped me avoid caesarean and ensure our baby was born healthy and happy. God bless him.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

I have had Dr. Mayo as my doctor for 22 years since I was diagnosed with endometriosis by him at 15 years of age. He has always been very kind, compassionate and knowledgeable. I know his office is very busy and there may be delays and long waiting lists for surgery....but that is to be expected: he is a specialist and patients should be more understanding. His knowledge, skill, and dedicated compassion to his patients is outstanding. I am so thankful to have such a wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

This is a horrible experience so far! For the secretary that answers the phone, I get more compassion from my dog than you! HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE... Worst is yet she will probably get a raise for this very bad attitude. B

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

My appointment was screwed up by Paula, how hard is it to book appointment, it got changed to correct date by another receptionist, Paula is stupid. Wait time is horrible, I found the nurse Candace to be very knowledgeable and more intelligent compared to Dr. Mayo. The doctor didn't explain things properly, there was definitely a communication problem with the doctor. Overall I am very disappointed and it was waste of my time, now I need to find another doctor and wait few more months again.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

We love doctor mayo. I had a high risk pregnancy and he was very thorough and caring. When it was time to give birth , my son's cord was wrapped around twice and he went into distress. Dr. Mayo came to the rescue and performed an emergency c section! My scaring was minimal and healed well. He has been very responsive and caring during my second pregnancy which has now resulted in misscarriage. I look forward to using him for future pregnancies and my husband and I really hope he doesn't retire before we are donehaving babies. He is so knowledge and we really trust his advice ! . Staff are great , they had all my prenatal appointments for me booked the first appointment! I am alwways super impressed. I'd rather wait for him to deliver a baby and have great care than go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

flag | Submitted March 13, 2016

I agree with the people that say how horrible the receptionist(s) are. Rude, disrespectful and every single time I have to call I get attitude (that is the word I will chose to use on this site). It was so bad tonight when she called that I am going to my family doctor as soon as I can get in to get a recommendation for a new OBGYN. This is unfortunate as I quite like Dr. Mayo but I don't need to put up with her, just terrible. If you can't deal with the public then go find something that you can do. And if he doesn't realize how bad she is himself and with so many people complaining then that might say something about him.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

Paula needs to go. Rude Rude Rude.....Every time I call , there is , I dont know call the hospital. the hospital should of called you already a month ago. The hospital tells me it is up to dr to book the pre op . dr office tells me it is up to the hospital . Four days away from surgery and no pre op.Total crock..The dr in charge has his secretaries for a reason ,obviously they are not doing their job. Follow up ,,,,this is how he makes his money to pay you.. Not Impressed with his staff at all. he himself is a great dr with poor staff .

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

flag | Submitted February 21, 2016

Dr. Jorge Mayo's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Amazing Doctor. He has so much compassion for his patients and is very knowledgable "

May 25, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Mayo came to the rescue when the delivery of our first born did not go as smoothly as we would have liked. His expertise and bedside manner are what helped..."

May 16, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have had Dr. Mayo as my doctor for 22 years since I was diagnosed with endometriosis by him at 15 years of age. He has always been very kind, compassionate an..."

April 15, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This is a horrible experience so far! For the secretary that answers the phone, I get more compassion from my dog than you! HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE... Worst is yet s..."

April 14, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "My appointment was screwed up by Paula, how hard is it to book appointment, it got changed to correct date by another receptionist, Paula is stupid. Wait time i..."

April 7, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "We love doctor mayo. I had a high risk pregnancy and he was very thorough and caring. When it was time to give birth , my son's cord was wrapped around twice a..."

March 29, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Mayo is caring and takes his time with each patient. He is very knowledgable and experienced. "

March 13, 2016
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I agree with the people that say how horrible the receptionist(s) are. Rude, disrespectful and every single time I have to call I get attitude (that is the word..."

March 10, 2016
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Paula needs to go. Rude Rude Rude.....Every time I call , there is , I dont know call the hospital. the hospital should of called you already a month ago. The h..."

February 24, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Delivered all three of my beautiful daughters by c-section. Fantastic bedside manner and follow up."

February 21, 2016
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Best doctor ever!! But..The new receptionist and the new nurse are the worse! Never help .. and their answers are always; No I cant do that, No you dont need t..."

February 20, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr Mayo for almost 9 years (and I'm 21 so it's been more of my life!) and I am so beyond grateful for all of his knowledge and support. He ha..."

February 1, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Best doctor I have ever had! Was happy to have him for all 3 children's births!!! "

January 25, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Best doctor!!! I'll be here for my next baby and I'll refer to others too..."

January 14, 2016
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "WORST RECEPTIONIST EVER!! Not only did I have to call 11 times just to get a hold of someone, she finally answered and was useless, I was trying to get Dr Mayo ..."

January 5, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Awesome doctor! I would have him deliver any of my babies in the future again"

January 1, 2016
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr mayo is great, but Paula his secretary on the other hand is awful! She never answers the phone, and when she does she's useless. She has now postponed my sur..."

December 29, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Mayo is a great doctor! I had a high risk pregnancy and he was able to take charge of it. I was induce to deliver my baby and I remembered that after the f..."

December 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent Doctor. Very knowledgeable and kind. I agree about receptionist. You'd think she'd be gone by now! Unprofessional. "

November 20, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Mayo has been my doctor through both my pregnancies. He is awesome and so gentle and caring. he is the best and will recommend him to anyone. I do agree his..."

November 16, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Mayo is awesome! I chose him for my 2nd because I was in the same room as one of his patients at antepartum and he was so caring and good bedside manners. S..."

November 8, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "His Big Bit$% East Indian Receptionist is awful!!!!Her mannerism is terrible she's a troll in personality and looks "

October 6, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Mayo delivered both of my children. Both time he was not on call and still came to the hospital at 2:00 a.m for both births (2:17 and 2:40 a.m.) . My daug..."

September 1, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr Mayo was able to take charge of my high risk pregnancy right away. He always kept me informed of everything that was going on. Dr Mayo saved my life when m..."

August 11, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Mayo was 100% supportive of my birth plan. Even when the nurse at the RAH was dumb- he was there to double check that I was ok with adjusting part of my pla..."

August 5, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Mayo has been my doctor through 3 pregnancies now. He is 1000x better than the one I had for my first 2 kids. He actually takes the time to talk to you, li..."

July 23, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Mayo is awesome! I have had 3 children and he was at all 3 deliveries. He is a very sweet, soft spoken man with a gentle hand. He also has a wonderful rel..."

June 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Mayo accepted a referral when others wouldn't to fix me after another OBGYN had completely sewn me shut after birth. He was extremely kind. I got into sur..."

June 17, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Receptionist is a real b^+[# both on the telephone and worse in person. Makes me want to ask for a different referral "

June 16, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "T5A0" to "T5H 4B9". Address has been updated from "None" to "11010 101 Street Northwest". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "17804140782".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Very knowledgable, but do NOT expect your appointment to start on time. I waited 45 minutes in the waiting room, followed by over an hour and a half in the exam..."

May 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I feel blessed to have been forwarded to Dr. Mayo. He is such a professional. He is simply amazing. Easy to talk to. You can ask any question you have. No judgm..."

April 19, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I haven't had any problems since switching to Dr.Mayo as my OB/GYN, I don't understand how people have issues with speaking to him since he can communicate very..."

April 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Love Dr mayo. The best!! I have been seeing him with my pregnancy am due in 3months. He specializes in high risk pregnancies so he's definitely the right doct..."

April 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was surprised to not see Dr Mayo in the top 10, however in looking through the ratings it appears his staff have been rated at the lowest level, bringing it a..."

April 8, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr. Mayo by my Midwife at 38 weeks due too baby being in breech position. Right away when meeting him the first time I had a good feeling. H..."

March 8, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Mayo was nothing short of amazing. SOOO glad I got referred to him. He was so nice and made me feel like I was important. My mom passed away 2 days after ..."

February 26, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Reading some of these comments is laughable. Oh my gosh - a specialist who happens to be a surgeon makes split second decisions... What do you think these physi..."

February 21, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "I love doctor Mayo! He assisted me with my infertility. Then when I got pregnant I developed a rare pregnancy condition at 30 weeks that he explained and helpe..."

February 8, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr.MAYO IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! He is the best doctor I ever had. He is so kind and caring and really takes his time to find out what your problem is. He treats ..."

February 5, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I had phoned the office to speak to Dr. Wong’s receptionist to book an appointment, phone was busy, so I did a redial on speaker phone while doing things in the..."

December 18, 2014
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "too many problems with this office, initally i was booked by Paula to come in Edson, I showed up and was told that I dont have an appointment. I phoned the offi..."

December 12, 2014
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I was refered to dr mayo by my midwife because I found out late in my pregnancy my baby was breech. I was referred to him because he is supposed to be 'midwife ..."

December 11, 2014
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I had a vaginal historectomy and the surgery was great but my medicine wasnt working i tried to get a hold of the nurse to get something different and it was a ..."

December 10, 2014
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Really love Dr. Mayo. He really took his time with me to address all of my concerns. HOWEVER. Staff is ridiculously slow at getting back to you. I waited for ..."

December 9, 2014
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "waste of time to goto this doctor, and as others have pointed out, receptionist is rude. its better to go to another doctor where you are treated with professio..."

December 3, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "unprofessional staff, doctor is very quick to make decisions. I definitely dont recommend this doctor. His staff are incompetent, and the receptionist is so rud..."

December 3, 2014
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Mayo is a phenomenal doctor he helped with my infertility, all throughout my pregnancy and my difficult delivery. When things got scary due to my complete p..."

November 28, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "What a horrible experience with this clinic. I was scheduled to see Dr. Mayo, but when I showed up, it was a different doctor who saw me. It was a quick visit a..."

November 25, 2014
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Reception nurses are rude. I understand it's probably tough when dr mayo is running behind but having a few impatient moms doesn't mean the rest of us need to b..."

November 10, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I got yelled at by the receptionist and she was very rude. Doctor is super fast and mis diagnosed me. I have never been treated so badly by front office staff i..."

November 4, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "He has been my obgyn for my first and now my second child. With my first born, he was on vacation, I wasn't due until 4 days after he got back. I ended up going..."

October 29, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Jorges" to "Jorge"

December 9, 2013