Ratings for Dr. Jorge Mayo

Best Ob in Edmonton area. Highly Recommended! so patient and gentle

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

one of the worst experience of my life. Will never go back. When I originally saw Dr. Mayo in March 2016, He seen very rushed & did not have the time to see me & wanted to rush out of the room. I was told I would have surgery in Nov - Dec 2016. I finally called in March 2017 & was told that I may have a surgery date of May 2017. I then received a phone call from the hospital tell me I had surgery in a Week (which was April 2017), They never called to advise of the surgery, when I called to confirm I was actually booked took my 4 day to actually speak with someone which & was told that they do not call to advise it was the hospital. I feel that they do not provide proper explanation to me about the surgery I was having & when I would be booked. I had been waiting over a year for surgery & did not want to go through the waiting for another doctor so still proceed with the Surgery. The Surgery went ok but when I went for my follow up appointment after my surgery, I waited the normal hour to see him & then when he came in to the room again seemed rushed & told my they performed a different procedure & that they sent some sample away to be test for cancer, which when I asked him to explain gave me an answer that it came back fine & not to worry but that I had to have a test done every year now to monitored it, so when I asked to explain in more detail he said he did seem to know what to say to reassure me & then in the middle of the conversation his phone rang & he answered it but did not speak with the person the on the other line just left them on the line to hear our conversation. So at this time I was completely frustrated with him & no longer felt comfortable to speak about my private medical issues with some stranger on his cell phone listen to our conversation. Dr Mayo has to worst bedside manner of any doctor I have very seen. I work in the medical field & work for multiple doctor's as this is no way to run a practice. I warn any women who need a OB/GYN never ever ever see Dr. Mayo, he will the worst OB/GYN in practice & will never make you feel comfortale.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

Dr. Mayo is the best Dr I have ever seen👌 He is kind and very knowledgeable. I have seen him for couple years..

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

I have been seeing Dr Mayo for years my daughter also sees him he is kind, helpful and very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

I loved Dr Mayo and his staff! I read a few previous reviews and have to disagree with the comments about his receptionist. She was always pleasant with me. As far as punctuality and wait times people have to understand that appts can get behind. If he has to go deliver a baby or respond to an emergency that is just the name of the game. If you are worried about time management do what I did and book appts for early AM. I did 8/9am and for the most part was in and out no problem. Very happy with the experience I had during both pregnancies at this office.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

Tried calling many times today but kept getting the recording saying what their operating hours are. I assume they are closed and if in fact they are, they should change their recording to tell you that the office is closed today.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

Was relieved by the professionalism and obvious experience. Would recommend this gentle and nurturing approach to any to be mother.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

Dr. Mayo is amazing and came highly recommended. The only downside is the terrible receptionist. She is rude and abrasive. My other issue has always been getting through on the phone. The office "opens" at 8am but they are in the office by 7. Trying to get through for hours is not the way I like to spend my day. I understand that the office is busy all day long but I have also been to other busy Dr offices when when the phone rings the call is answered and put on hold. If the phone lines are this busy there needs to be a better solution then just not answering the phone. I don't know if any of the other dr's have the same problem but I have also been sitting in the office first thing in the morning and a lot of time is spent on her personal conversations. If the phone is ringing and she chooses not to answer because she is talking about the date she is going on, I would consider that unacceptable. When you are in the office she refers to you as "hun" which for me at least, really gets on my last hormonal nerve. All the other staff are beyond helpful and amazing, and again can't say enough about how amazing Dr Mayo himself is. Will maybe try going through the nurse rather than the receptionist when it comes to phoning in.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

Best doctor ever so friendly and trustful ... <3 <3

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

Dr.Mayo is absolutely amazing. Yes you do have to wait, that being said I would wait for 5 hours just to see this man. He is an incredible doctor

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017