Ratings for Dr. Jorge Mayo

Dr. Mayo is an incredible dr. I have been seeing him for years. He is very knowledgeable and takes the time with his patients to really understand their needs. He's not punctual, but I mean, he doesn't decide when a baby is going to be born... So people should really stop complaining about that. He's an OBGYN... I've had several, and know well enough to make sure I have no plans for the whole day because he may need to run across the street and deliver a baby. I have to say though, he has the absolutely worst receptionist in the world. I actually don't know how she still has a job. I started seeing dr. Mayo when I was 17 for a rare uterine disease that had been affecting me since I was 12... I needed surgery and when I called the office to ask why it was taking so long to set up a date, the receptionist informed me, that I was "way too young to actually need this, and I don't have cancer yet anyways" so she had put off booking me an appointment! Are you joking me? When did receptionists become drs? She wouldn't book me an appointment to go back and see him either for 6 months! I hung up the phone and called back, only this time to speak to the nurse (who is amazing btw), and I ha surgery the next week. I almost always have to call the nurse to book an appointment now because his receptionist keeps quoting me 3-5 month wait times, because I'm still "too young" for it to be a real emergency... Needless to say, she is completely useless and suffers from a god complex. I suggest no one take her rude, immature, and senseless words seriously. It's worth finding ways to go around her and her idiocy to see who I believe to truly be one of the best OBGYN's in the country!

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

His receptionist is the worst. On a personal call when she should have been working. Condescending when I asked wait the wait time would be. She needs to find a new job.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

Dr. Mayo is a great doctor, very knowledgable, great surgeon etc. His staff are very friendly as well and do their best! Unfortunately, Dr. Mayo is not punctual and therefore you do wait sometimes for hours after your appointment. That's not his staff's fault. They try their best given the nature of the practice. I wish he was more on time though!!

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

Was my doctor for 13 years but NO LONGER! Had extensive abdominal surgery (his words were more or less that my entire abdominal area was full of adhesions requiring extensive removal)...surgery went great - he's an excellent surgeon...after surgery not so much....he "forgot" that I was allergic to a certain type of medication and "forgot" to bring another prescription pad to the hospital...so I was told after EXTENSIVE ABDOMINAL SURGERY to go see my doctor for medication....at 3;30 in the afternoon 1 1/2 hours away from my home....luckily my doctor took a phone call from me the next day so I didn't have to wait 2 weeks to see him. After 13 years and multiple surgeries for him to treat me in this manner was absolutely disgraceful....his rating for knowledge is low -not because he isn't a great surgeon - he is a fantastic surgeon it's because of his "forgetfulness" with respect to an allergy of a long-term patient and lack of preparedness.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

Great Doctor, terrible reception staff... why have an actual appointment time when it is not respected at all? It is a disgrace....

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

Dr Mayo's is an incredible doctor but all of that is overshadowed by his reception staff and how appointments are conducted. Honestly I don't even see the need of an appointment if every time you get to see the doctor after more than an hour of your scheduled appointment. The reception staff is really rude and not patient. By the time you see the doctor, you are actually frustrated and pissed off. Terrible terrible service.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

This doctor is compassionate, extremely knowledgeable and every single staff in the hospital feel confident with his work. My hysterectomy was done so well, I was never nervous, anxious or confused at any point. If you get Dr Mayo as your OBGYN, consider yourself blessed.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

Although Dr. Mayo is friendly the reception staff is rude and incredibly snappy. I did not feel my inquiry was deserving of a frosty response.:(

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

I was expecting to see Dr. Mayo but got some lady doctor Merali. I was never told in advance that Dr. Mayo is not available, when I told the staff in front, the girl argued with me, it was just unreal. Staff are not professional and they don't seem to want to listen to patients concern. I found Dr. Merali to be a horrible doctor, she was in the room with us for 1 minute only, no explanations, she just didn't seem to care and it was a very rushed appointment. I advise everyone to just wait for Dr. Mayo, don't bother going in to see Dr. Merali, now I will be scheduling my appointment with Dr. Mayo only, I am sure going to let him know how horrible Dr. Merali is. I am upset with Dr. Merali, she has no respect, no manners.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016