Ratings for Dr. Jorge Mayo

I have been seeing Dr Mayo for almost 9 years (and I'm 21 so it's been more of my life!) and I am so beyond grateful for all of his knowledge and support. He has never doubted any of my symptoms or pain that I have expressed to him over the years which is huge because I have severe endometriosis. I would recommended him time and time again to people because he is so kind and really thinks about the patient.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

Best doctor!!! I'll be here for my next baby and I'll refer to others too...

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

WORST RECEPTIONIST EVER!! Not only did I have to call 11 times just to get a hold of someone, she finally answered and was useless, I was trying to get Dr Mayo to be my doctor as I am a 1st time mom and he has helped many women in my family and has been amazing, she on the other hand was rude, could not get me an appointment, told me to literally go find another doctor as she has no time to help me, making it really difficult for people who want this doctor when she's just ruining everything for everyone

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

Awesome doctor! I would have him deliver any of my babies in the future again

flag | Submitted January 1, 2016

Dr mayo is great, but Paula his secretary on the other hand is awful! She never answers the phone, and when she does she's useless. She has now postponed my surgery AGAIN after giving me the wrong date. Dr Mayo, want to keep your patients happy? GET RID OF PAULA!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

Dr. Mayo is a great doctor! I had a high risk pregnancy and he was able to take charge of it. I was induce to deliver my baby and I remembered that after the first dose of induce, the doctor who gave it to me said that she will let me go home after. But Dr. Mayo told them that I have to stay in the hospital so that they can monitor me properly which I really appreciate. My son now is 2 years old. Thanks to Dr. Mayo!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015

flag | Submitted November 20, 2015

Dr. Mayo has been my doctor through both my pregnancies. He is awesome and so gentle and caring. he is the best and will recommend him to anyone. I do agree his receptionist could learn from him and his manners. You think we are asking for money or their 1st born. Yikes!!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2015

Dr.Mayo is awesome! I chose him for my 2nd because I was in the same room as one of his patients at antepartum and he was so caring and good bedside manners. Staff are great too except for the clerk. She can sound condescending sometimes. Also hard to get a hold of his office.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2015

Dr. Jorge Mayo's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr Mayo for almost 9 years (and I'm 21 so it's been more of my life!) and I am so beyond grateful for all of his knowledge and support. He ha..."

February 1, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Best doctor I have ever had! Was happy to have him for all 3 children's births!!! "

January 25, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Best doctor!!! I'll be here for my next baby and I'll refer to others too..."

January 14, 2016
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "WORST RECEPTIONIST EVER!! Not only did I have to call 11 times just to get a hold of someone, she finally answered and was useless, I was trying to get Dr Mayo ..."

January 5, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Awesome doctor! I would have him deliver any of my babies in the future again"

January 1, 2016
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr mayo is great, but Paula his secretary on the other hand is awful! She never answers the phone, and when she does she's useless. She has now postponed my sur..."

December 29, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Mayo is a great doctor! I had a high risk pregnancy and he was able to take charge of it. I was induce to deliver my baby and I remembered that after the f..."

December 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent Doctor. Very knowledgeable and kind. I agree about receptionist. You'd think she'd be gone by now! Unprofessional. "

November 20, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Mayo has been my doctor through both my pregnancies. He is awesome and so gentle and caring. he is the best and will recommend him to anyone. I do agree his..."

November 16, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Mayo is awesome! I chose him for my 2nd because I was in the same room as one of his patients at antepartum and he was so caring and good bedside manners. S..."

November 8, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "His Big Bit$% East Indian Receptionist is awful!!!!Her mannerism is terrible she's a troll in personality and looks "

October 6, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Mayo delivered both of my children. Both time he was not on call and still came to the hospital at 2:00 a.m for both births (2:17 and 2:40 a.m.) . My daug..."

September 1, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr Mayo was able to take charge of my high risk pregnancy right away. He always kept me informed of everything that was going on. Dr Mayo saved my life when m..."

August 11, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Mayo was 100% supportive of my birth plan. Even when the nurse at the RAH was dumb- he was there to double check that I was ok with adjusting part of my pla..."

August 5, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Mayo has been my doctor through 3 pregnancies now. He is 1000x better than the one I had for my first 2 kids. He actually takes the time to talk to you, li..."

July 23, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Mayo is awesome! I have had 3 children and he was at all 3 deliveries. He is a very sweet, soft spoken man with a gentle hand. He also has a wonderful rel..."

June 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Mayo accepted a referral when others wouldn't to fix me after another OBGYN had completely sewn me shut after birth. He was extremely kind. I got into sur..."

June 17, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Receptionist is a real b^+[# both on the telephone and worse in person. Makes me want to ask for a different referral "

June 16, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "T5A0" to "T5H 4B9". Address has been updated from "None" to "11010 101 Street Northwest". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "17804140782".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Very knowledgable, but do NOT expect your appointment to start on time. I waited 45 minutes in the waiting room, followed by over an hour and a half in the exam..."

May 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I feel blessed to have been forwarded to Dr. Mayo. He is such a professional. He is simply amazing. Easy to talk to. You can ask any question you have. No judgm..."

April 19, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I haven't had any problems since switching to Dr.Mayo as my OB/GYN, I don't understand how people have issues with speaking to him since he can communicate very..."

April 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Love Dr mayo. The best!! I have been seeing him with my pregnancy am due in 3months. He specializes in high risk pregnancies so he's definitely the right doct..."

April 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was surprised to not see Dr Mayo in the top 10, however in looking through the ratings it appears his staff have been rated at the lowest level, bringing it a..."

April 8, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr. Mayo by my Midwife at 38 weeks due too baby being in breech position. Right away when meeting him the first time I had a good feeling. H..."

March 8, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Mayo was nothing short of amazing. SOOO glad I got referred to him. He was so nice and made me feel like I was important. My mom passed away 2 days after ..."

February 26, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Reading some of these comments is laughable. Oh my gosh - a specialist who happens to be a surgeon makes split second decisions... What do you think these physi..."

February 21, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "I love doctor Mayo! He assisted me with my infertility. Then when I got pregnant I developed a rare pregnancy condition at 30 weeks that he explained and helpe..."

February 8, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr.MAYO IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! He is the best doctor I ever had. He is so kind and caring and really takes his time to find out what your problem is. He treats ..."

February 5, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I had phoned the office to speak to Dr. Wong’s receptionist to book an appointment, phone was busy, so I did a redial on speaker phone while doing things in the..."

December 18, 2014
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "too many problems with this office, initally i was booked by Paula to come in Edson, I showed up and was told that I dont have an appointment. I phoned the offi..."

December 12, 2014
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I was refered to dr mayo by my midwife because I found out late in my pregnancy my baby was breech. I was referred to him because he is supposed to be 'midwife ..."

December 11, 2014
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I had a vaginal historectomy and the surgery was great but my medicine wasnt working i tried to get a hold of the nurse to get something different and it was a ..."

December 10, 2014
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Really love Dr. Mayo. He really took his time with me to address all of my concerns. HOWEVER. Staff is ridiculously slow at getting back to you. I waited for ..."

December 9, 2014
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "waste of time to goto this doctor, and as others have pointed out, receptionist is rude. its better to go to another doctor where you are treated with professio..."

December 3, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "unprofessional staff, doctor is very quick to make decisions. I definitely dont recommend this doctor. His staff are incompetent, and the receptionist is so rud..."

December 3, 2014
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Mayo is a phenomenal doctor he helped with my infertility, all throughout my pregnancy and my difficult delivery. When things got scary due to my complete p..."

November 28, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "What a horrible experience with this clinic. I was scheduled to see Dr. Mayo, but when I showed up, it was a different doctor who saw me. It was a quick visit a..."

November 25, 2014
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Reception nurses are rude. I understand it's probably tough when dr mayo is running behind but having a few impatient moms doesn't mean the rest of us need to b..."

November 10, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I got yelled at by the receptionist and she was very rude. Doctor is super fast and mis diagnosed me. I have never been treated so badly by front office staff i..."

November 4, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "He has been my obgyn for my first and now my second child. With my first born, he was on vacation, I wasn't due until 4 days after he got back. I ended up going..."

October 29, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Jorges" to "Jorge"

December 9, 2013