Ratings for Dr. Jorge Mayo

Absolutely amazing man. Did my surprise c-section, but only once it actually became necessary (we tried everything we could before it came to that when another OB-GYN wouldn't even provide suggestions. He did an excellent job, I was feeling normal within a week, and 20 months later I can barely seem my scar.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

Dr. Mayo is amazing!! I had a higher risk pregnancy and was from out of town driving 3 hours one way to see him and also another doctor for gestational diabetes at the same time. They always made sure my appointments were on the same day so I only had to make one trip. I delivered via planned section at 38+3 days and he explained everything to me and made me very comfortable in an uncomfortable situation. I never saw him after the section as he left for a vacation which he made me well aware of in advance, his replacement doctors I saw were also awesome with great bedside manner! Only one appointment he was delayed by one hour which his nurse notified me of and he was late because of an emergency section but other than that my appointments were all on time and his nurse is amazing also very friendly and helpful. At my 6 week follow up appointment he was very thorough and asked lots of questions making sure I was recovering well. The receptionist wasn't bad when I dealt with her. She definitely isn't the chatty type. Overall had an amazing experience and would recommend him to anyone

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

Dr mayo is amazing!! He's secretary however is rude and she makes you sit there with no information for hours on end. After a announcement was made that the dr is running an hour behind I was still ok but then when I quiestioned her more than an hour later she was rude and inconsiderate....she told me the dr will be back in another hour I said so 2 hours? All these pregnant woman sitting here just waiting she commented "I don't care they're not all mine" then I said my daughter is 17 aged Vern in allot of pain the least she can do is tell us then she persisted she only found out 5 mins ago and that there was no announcement.......... I sat down and after another 30 minutes I told her I'm leaving I'm done she looked at me like I had no right to talk to her that way.....seriously UNPROFESSIONAL I am curious if dr mayo knows he's secretary is making him look very very bad?

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

Dr. Mayo delivered my twins at the Royal Alex. He is very kind and knowledgeable. He also was 100% supportive of the birth I wanted. He supported all of my requests in the delivery room and stood behind all my decisions to have my natural twin birth! It was even better than I had ever could've imagined!!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

Dr. Mayo is nice, but sometimes he doesn't tell you everything. You need to google your concerns and know what to ask about your symptoms. If you ask the right questions he will provide you with more information, but he never expands without you first knowing what to ask. His receptionist Paula is terrible and so indifferent to patients.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2017

Paula is absolutely awful. How can anyone be that bad at their job and maintain employment?

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

Dr Mayo is a great OB. I feel like I am in great hands. His nurses are also amazing. His receptionist however is a problem. She is often on personal calls, she is rude, and she makes you feel unwelcome. She told me to "take a stick" and I had no idea what ahe was talking about. Turns out she wanted me to pee on it then bring it back and show it to her - in front of a whole waiting room. I still don't know what the stick was for. Last straw for me was when she sent my short term disability papers to my office instead of my disability manager as instructed. Huge breech of confidentiality. All of my medical history was on those forms.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

Great doctor… But you have to get past the lady at the desk first. Doesn't answer the phone very often , is not very courteous and really doesn't have the time of day for you

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

Best Ob in Edmonton area. Highly Recommended! so patient and gentle

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

one of the worst experience of my life. Will never go back. When I originally saw Dr. Mayo in March 2016, He seen very rushed & did not have the time to see me & wanted to rush out of the room. I was told I would have surgery in Nov - Dec 2016. I finally called in March 2017 & was told that I may have a surgery date of May 2017. I then received a phone call from the hospital tell me I had surgery in a Week (which was April 2017), They never called to advise of the surgery, when I called to confirm I was actually booked took my 4 day to actually speak with someone which & was told that they do not call to advise it was the hospital. I feel that they do not provide proper explanation to me about the surgery I was having & when I would be booked. I had been waiting over a year for surgery & did not want to go through the waiting for another doctor so still proceed with the Surgery. The Surgery went ok but when I went for my follow up appointment after my surgery, I waited the normal hour to see him & then when he came in to the room again seemed rushed & told my they performed a different procedure & that they sent some sample away to be test for cancer, which when I asked him to explain gave me an answer that it came back fine & not to worry but that I had to have a test done every year now to monitored it, so when I asked to explain in more detail he said he did seem to know what to say to reassure me & then in the middle of the conversation his phone rang & he answered it but did not speak with the person the on the other line just left them on the line to hear our conversation. So at this time I was completely frustrated with him & no longer felt comfortable to speak about my private medical issues with some stranger on his cell phone listen to our conversation. Dr Mayo has to worst bedside manner of any doctor I have very seen. I work in the medical field & work for multiple doctor's as this is no way to run a practice. I warn any women who need a OB/GYN never ever ever see Dr. Mayo, he will the worst OB/GYN in practice & will never make you feel comfortale.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017