Ratings for Dr. John Joffe

One of the two best doctors I have ever had. I recommend Dr. Joffe without reservation. He is very knowledgeable, caring, and wants nothing more to see people functional and healthy. If he has a failing, he does not have much patience for foolish behaviour, or people who sabotage their own recovery. If you see him, he will give you the road map to recovery, and, if you follow it, you will recover. His staff are friendly and helpful. He is not always punctual, but I think that is because, once he has a patient in his office, he will listen to that patient, talk to that patient, and advise that patient, until both doctor and patient are satisfied that they are on the same page until the next appointment. He has been nothing but helpful for me, and for my young daughter, who generally leaves appointments with a smile on her face, and sometimes a tongue-depressor puppet hand-drawn on demand. Don't see him if you are looking for a magic pill to fix you. Do see him if you are willing to be an active participant in your own health and recovery.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

Dr. Joffe was punctual and very knowledgable. I have nothing but praise for him. I read some of the negative reviews before seeing him and was uncertain about my decision, however I already made the appointment so went with it. My experience was fantastic and of a much higher calibre than I'm use to when going to the doctor. I would unreservedly recommend Dr. Joffe

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

Rude, condescending, and did not listen. He seemed to have a preconceived idea of my 'type', and no explaining could convince him otherwise. He was not helpful at all and wrote false info in my report. If you have to see him (he does a lot for WorkSafe BC), make sure you get your report and correct mistakes. He seems like an angry person in general.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2016

This Dr. NEEDS TO BE REJECTED TO BE A PHYSICIAN. He is money making machine. ThisDr. was VERY NEGLIGENT IN MY CARE. He made so much damage to my health that I will be suffering whole my Life. I asked him to order an MRI because I had an injury and my knee was swollen. It was obvious that is something wrong. He DENIED to order an MRI. He provided biased opinion just because insurance paid him to do that. I went on my own to see an Orthopedic Specialist and he immediately ordered expedited MRI. He said something is wrong for sure but I need MRI to get better picture. I told him that Dr. Joffe DENIED to order MRI. When I told him that I have insurance claim-Specialist said , O THAT IS THE REASON... I went for MRI and in FACT I had ACL TEAR AND NEEDED SURGERY. This Dr. JOFFE SCREWED ME OVER- UNPROFESSIONAL, UNETHICAL, BIASED, I do not have words how bad and unethical Doctor he is. PLEASE AVOID HIM, YOU WILL SAVE YOU HEADACHES, If you experienced something similar please make a complaint with college of Physicians.

Submitted June 19, 2016

Rude - uncaring - dismissive - incompetent - cold - there really aren't enough negative adjectives to describe him.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

He is the best doctor ever! He delivered both of my children. He was always there for all of my miscarriages and he is always willing to have a conversation about what the next steps might be versus telling me what I have to do.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

He is our family doctor and he is really good. He helped me with some serious health issues that had a positive outcome thanks to him.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

When I immigrated to Canada 10 years ago, my English was not that good, I was pregnant and Dr.Joffee was my physician. Very often, he made me feel embarrassed because of English,feeling like I am bothering him. My delivery lasted so long, I felt so scary,and when I asked him when does he think it will be over, his answer was:" I am not God to know when you will get the baby". He made jokes of my English, seemed uninterested and arrogant . He said not to call him if my delivery starts in the night time and everything seems ok, to call him in the morning . Worst doctor ever!!!!

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

Dr. Joffe has been my doctor for 10 years and he is excellent. He is a very realistic person and is very upfront which I like. I had a hard time during my first pregnancy and he was so helpful and caring.

Submitted February 11, 2015

Our local butcher has a better knowledge about human than him.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015