Ratings for Dr. Ashraf Bandali

Dr. Bandali has been my doctor for over 25 years. He is very knowledgable but sometimes a little quick to look to the prescription pad for answers. You do need to advocate for yourself if you don't want a pharmaceutical intervention. That being said, he truly cares about people and always remembers details and asks questions about things going on in your life. For those complaining about wait times and difficulty booking appointments look to our provincial government and ask what they are doing to address a lack of qualified physicians. I don't begrudge him his 3 day work week as I know he's paid his dues. For years he worked 5 days at his clinic while working rounds in emergency at Peel Memorial Hospital.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2011

This doctor is the worst ever. My mother-in-law had to have a hysterectomy and was told to go back to work in a few days. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE. Rude, arrogant, annoying, the worst ever. PLEASE DO NO GO TO THIS DOCTOR. Nothing ever gets treated right. I don't know where he went to get educated, but must be some online course or something...not knowledgeable at all.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2011

It is almost impossible to book an immediate appt with either Dr. Bandali and Dr. Hashem. They only work Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays, plus they are often on vacation. When they moved to their new location, they had to change their reception staff. The new staff are impatient, rude, and not helpful at all. Though they are good doctors when you get a chance to see them, the hassle of making an appointment is not worth it. I would recommend finding a new family doctor.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2011

Very good doctor. I've had him since I was born. Going to be sad when him and his wife retire. And he does refer people to specialists when needed, FYI. I'm an example of that.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2010

dr.bandali is an excellent doctor, i had him and his wife as family doctors for 25 years, and i could always get an appointment i when i need one, they are very knowledgeable and informative and a great team.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2010

Absolutely horrible. Would not listen to me, would speak over me. Always seems like he is in a rush. Didnt let me explain my health issues.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2009

As a patient for several years I am happy with this dorctor. The only knock is the volume of patients that he sees. I have felt rushed at time because of this. When calling to make appointments I don't like the receptionists asking why I need to see the doctor. if it's a serious problem and I need to see the doctor immediately I have experienced resistance. I know they try and analyze the seriousness of the problem over the phone, but some things are hard enough to speak to the doctor about let alone the staff. I am sure some patients probably try to use this to their advantage and that's why there is that resistance, but I would like to be able to see my doctor in a days notice notice if I feel he needs to analyze something before it may become serious. If they can find a solution for that, which I appreciate the difficulty of, it would be to everyone's advantage.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2009

Nice? yeah right. He's good at treating the common cold but when faced with serious illness, his arrogance towards his patients overshadows his ability to listen properly to symptoms of disease. He therefore wastes alot of the patient's time and energy on needless testing.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2008

Great guy! Takes an incredible amount of time with each patient which is rare and explains so much. Needs to be a bit more diligent and thorough on diagnosis but its hard to beat someone who obviously believes in treating people like people - and loves his job. Too many doctors today treat their offices like a cattle yards - pushing people through as fast as possible. He is a genuine article...a great GP with a big heart. Two thumbs up...

flag | Submitted May 29, 2007

He is a very friendly doctor, but I find that he makes mistakes, and is quick to diagnose something prematurely. He is hesitant to refer to a specialist if needed.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2007