Ratings for Dr. Ross Mantle

Dr Mantle has treated both my husband and myself. He was always accommodating and knowledgeable. Geoff and I are very grateful to Dr. Mantle and his staff for their help! Thank you

flag | Submitted May 4, 2018

Dr. Mantle has great bed side manner. Fantastic young surgeon. Performed Anterior Cervical Discection and Fusion on my spouse. He went from a wheelchair to walking the next morning! Top notch ! Thank you for giving my hubby his life back !

flag | Submitted February 20, 2018

Family Bouchard want to thank Dr.Ross Mantle for what he has done for Claire Bouchard(Wife/Mother), we have nothing but good to say about him. This surgery had risks. He took the time to explain and respond to all our questions and also after the surgery took the time to call and make the followup. The staff we're also fantastic with her. We are very please with the results knowing that there was risks with this type of surgery! Great Job!!!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2018

An idiot at its best.an idiot at its best.an idiot at its best.an idiot at its best.an idiot at its best.an idiot at its best an idiot at its best.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2018

We have nothing but good to say about Dr Mantel ... He was excellent with my Dad .. He took the time to explain everything .. he dint rush us he answered all our question .. he saved my Dad ... thanks Dr Mantel..

flag | Submitted November 2, 2017

Stay away from him! He butchered my dad via laminectomy and now my dad’s conditioning is worsening to the point of becoming a quadriplegic. A neurosurgeon in Toronto basically said that Dr. Mantle butchered him from the surgery. Another specialist in California has also looked at my dad’s MRI and has confirmed the same eventual outcome. There’s a few good things said on this site, but those peoples truly blessed because “someone” was watching over them... it’s not thanks to this Dr. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS PERSON!!!!!! Otherwise you’ll end up regretting it! I’m not an irate person who likes to complain about others... I’m simply making others a favour and telling th truth because I don’t want anyone else to experience the trauma, pain and devastation that this Dr has caused my father. Thank you...

flag | Submitted October 7, 2017

I fell and had a spinal cord injury as a result. I was airlifted to Sudbury and Dr. Mantle came to see me the next day while awaiting a MRI scan. He saw me again following the MRI, explained what the problem was, gave me the options to which I told him to do what he felt best. He operated the following day and I am recuperating at home. I found the experience amazing. The staff in the hospital was fantastic and his treatment of me was very professional and to the point. He did an excellent job and whatever the ultimate outcome longterm, I couldn't ask for any better.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

Im very disappointed in Dr Mantle's bedside manners. I had my surgery three weeks ago and woke up in the worst pain Ive had since my back problem started a year ago. I understand surgery pain is completely different and extremely painful. However, my nurses tried for over 24 hours to contact Dr Mantle to change my prescription and he wouldn't respond. When he finally came to visit me, over 24 hours after my surgery, he was trying to discharge me. I told him my pain was terrible and I couldn't make the 2 hour car ride home. His response was "Because no one has every survived a 2 hour car ride before." He changed my medication and told me he was pushing me to go home the day after. I didn't see him again at all, I wasn't given any instruction about the amount of activity I could do or even information on how the surgery itself went! I called the office a few days after being home to ask a few questions, one being if I needed physio or not. They asked me if I wanted physio and if I did then they would refer me. The entire experience was terrible. This was my first surgery, at 25, and I was absolutely terrified. His bedside manner made the entire thing ten times worse! He also doesnt do follow up appointments unless something is really going wrong!

flag | Submitted October 7, 2016

Dr. Mantle saved my dad's life! If it wasn't for his skills and knowledge my father would of died! Excellent neurosurgeon! Nothing but good things to say about him!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2016

I've had Dr Mantle do 3 surgeries on my head for a vp shunt. They were pretty much back to back... all within a month. Not his fault at all. The shunt was first rejected... second showed to be the wrong pressure kind and third has been in since December 12 2015. I'm doing great now. Bump on my back filled with CSF has gone right down to almost nothing so I can't complain. His patient doctor rapport is amazing. He was full of jokes and kept me smiling through my pain. Very good doctor!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016