Ratings for Dr. Jacqueline Montoedi

This woman is a useless doctor. If she can't see it on a scan then your problem didn't exist. She had security remove one patient for continuing to disagree with her. Her ego is far larger than her qualifications. She should start listening to patients and stop interrupting with " ya" " oh yes." I am a well educated person, have raised two respectable, successful children. This doctor dismissed every thing I said to her and treated me like I was incompetent. This doctor is the worst I have seen. She deserves less then the lowest rating available here. I don't care if the ER is busy and I have to wait three hours to see a doctor, but to wait that long and be met with the health systems worst ........No thanks. I would be happy if she left the field all together

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

The Welland Hospital of Niagara Health System ( love to know which incompetent idiot who hired this unqualified hack... I am a clinical trialist and hesitate to speak so harsh of someone in medicine but she humiliates this respected profession) I work with some of the most skilled surgeons and specialists and when my mother was taken in to the ER I had to sign her out and prohibit this rude woman from examining her further. She would not tolerate questions or communication with me despite the fact my mother has Alzheimer's and I am the decision maker. She has left a trail of suspicious work history. She refused to run a simple diagnostic ( and standard of care test ) to rule out something but jumped to conclusions and diagnosis and threatened despite me being calm and respectful with questions and queries. If this is what the NHS has hired as an excuse for an ER physician we might as well drive to Hamilton or Toronto.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

This doctor lacks in empathy, compassion and bedside manner. She acts before she thinks and makes quick poor decisions. My observation of her in the ER is that she is not calm and runs around appearing to be very confused and flustered . She spends little time with a patient and makes a quick diagnosis...she is quick to judge and appears to be lacking in many critical skills that are required of a doctor. She appears as though she does not process what the patient is telling her or understand what is being said. Her mind could be on overload as she appears to be finding it difficult to comprehend the easiest of conversation when speaking to her. She appears to be lacking process speed. She appears to have the inability to cope with the fast pace and stress that comes with her chosen profession. When you ask her questions she gets irritable and anxious and can only view things from her perspective. She does not think openly, she is very close minded and can't think beyond the obvious....and on top of it all she is arrogant and pompous. She has no consideration for the patients feelings or needs...not sure what she learnt in school or where she was taught but she is clearly in the wrong profession. The Interlake Regional Authority that hired her clearly did not do their homework on this one. If at all possible stay completely away from this doctor...she is totally inept, the poor thing. She should most definitely look into a career change, this one is not for her!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2014

I have never been so appauled at the bed side manner of a doctor before. She had attitude when she walked into the emergency room. There was no other patient waiting and that shouldnt matter... She said without any investigation, chart or otherwise that she could not do anything for us even though we had just been in emergency just less than 24 hours prior and the condition had flaired up again. All my daughter wanted was relief until we can work through the process of seeing family doctors, allergy specialist, and dermatologists and we were told I cannot help you that is not what emergency rooms are for. If they are not for people who are in distress then I guess I am sadly mistaken what our healthcare system is there for. I wouldnt ever want to see this doctor again or refer her to anyone. We are not habitual users of the system and this was only the second time we had been to emergency in 2 1/2 years. I cannot rate whether she was knowledgable as she did not even give us her time.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2013

also worked with this doc in gimli and selkirk. she's a gem ~ a diamond in the rough. if i had to receive treatment from any doc in the interlake region, i would want it to be her or no one. she's a lovely person ~ pleasant to staff/nurses, not arrogant and pompous like many docs are ~ and she does not talk down to her patients. gimli/selkirk are lucky to have her. she knows her stuff and she's very thorough. (BTW i have nurse's training and practised for several years, so i know what i'm talking about).

flag | Submitted July 20, 2008

I read earlier about this patient with a lump on his/her neck. I had the same problem and had an appointment in Selkirk within two days. She will be greatly missed by her patient. She was my wife's patient but help me tremendously when my dr. was not available. I will give her all the credit she deserve. I tried to become her patient but she had too many as it was. Keep you chin up Dr. Montoedi and you should be proud about your attitude and care for patient.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2008

Dr. Montoedi is very compassionate and helpful. She is my wife's doctor but is aware of my problems. Even though she is not my doctor, whenever I take my in for her appointments, she makes a point of asking her how I am feeling. If I was to rate her, both my wife and I would give her a 10. We need a few more doctors in Gimli to give the doctors we have a break. She is definitely overworked. I have a wonderful doctor myself now but tried numerous times to be one of her patient. After reading some of the complaints, I could not believe I was reading about the same doctor that we are familiar with. Anyway, Dr. Montoedi, you will be greatly missed. Sorry to see you go.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2007

Can't believe this doctor is still practicing, she should have been kicked out of Gimli months ago, she does not care about her patients. She is rude and has no compassion what so ever. I wouldn't take my dead dog to see her!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2007

What would life be like for Dr. "Jackie" if it wasn't for the almighty $$? I think the Interlake Regional Health Authority must have been in depserate times to have even considered hiring this selfish, carefree individual they call a doctor. She has no consideration for other peoples problems and what their time means. She is incompetant and uncompassionate. All the traits you would not want to see in a doctor. I think that she needs to go back to school as she forgot to take a course in understanding what being a doctor really means. She is only over worked because that is the life she is choosing to lead. She is being paid a huge amount of $$ does she really need to spread herself so thin that she needs to work in the Selkirk Emergency as well as the Gimli hospital and in her busy office? Get a life lady! Who do you really think you are? Not the doctor I would want taking care of me or my family that is for sure!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2007

Dr. Monteodi is wonderful! We've been with her since she took over, and have had great service from her. I've had the best physical ever. She is very consciencious. Yes, she is very busy. And is that her fault, or the fault of the Interlake Health Authority that hasn't fixed the problem with the need for an emergency care doctor at the hospital. Don't blame it on the doctor that is doing her best, blame it on the system!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2007