Ratings for Dr. Michael J. Orris

Highly recommend! My husband and I chose a consultation with WLIA for lap-band surgery based off the recommendations from other nurses and they were right! From the moment we walked in the door, you could see from all the little touches that this doctor's office was different. About half of the chairs in the lobby were build for larger folks which was a relief for anyone that has had the horrible experience of trying to be comfortable in a chair that is too small. There were pictures of successful clients all over the place, and magazines that included articles and awards about the surgeons. The office staff had told us in advance that our appointment would be about two hours long and so we expected to spend some time there. They showed us into a consultation room and over the next 2 hours we saw a medical assistant who took my husband's medical history and drew blood, spoke with the financial advisor, the dietitian, and the surgeon. It was wonderful to accomplish in one visit what would normally take 4. When we left, my husband felt very comfortable with the staff and the upcoming procedure. Especially once we were notified that the staff travels together to the different offices and so we would work with the same staff members at every appointment. My husband and I are so happy we choose WLIA and would definitely recommend them to others.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

Dr. Orris is the most amazing doctor. I had my surgery done in 2007 and have never regretted a day of it. I can not say enough about Dr DeBarros and Dr. Orris and Mike Murphy RD and staff, they are very caring and want you to succeed in your weight loss journey regardless of what surgery you have done there (Lapband, Gastric Bypass, Sleeve). I had the lapband done and I still go in on occasion to follow up or just to show them how well I'm doing. I am treated like family and if I have any questions or concerns they are more than willing to help and go the extra mile for me. I will continue going there and suggest that anyone thinking about weight loss surgery go there and check them out, you will not regret it.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

Dr Orris and his staff were great to work withthrough this entire experience. With every issue I had they helped me tackle it head on. I had my surgery in April and have already loss over 30 pounds. I feel fantastic. Thank you Dr Orris.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

Dr. Orris and his staff are amazing. I love them all

flag | Submitted June 19, 2016

For many years I have tried and failed to lose weight so in desperation I decided to turn to weight loss surgery. After doing some research online I decided that Weight Loss Institute Of Arizona was right for me. I met with Dr. DeBarros and Dr. Orris at my initial consultation. They were both friendly, professional, answered all of my questions, and alleviated any concern I had about the procedure. I was very satisfied with the care that I received and am greatly looking forward to my procedure.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

Dr. Orris and his staff have helped me get my life on a new path that will be the only path I walk for the rest of my life. I am getting healthy and will remain healthy with their support. They walk through the weight loss journey with you and continue for years after. I had the sleeve 4 weeks ago and am down 27 pounds!

flag | Submitted June 5, 2016

Awesome Doctor, very personable. He helps you to understand what is really going on with your help. he gives you the tools to succeed the rest is up to you.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

Dr. Orris is a life saver. He helped me to learn to change my lifestyle to achieve my weight loss goal. Him and the staff at his office are very friendly and professional . I would recommend him to anyone needing help to loose weight .

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

Very nice and takes the time to explain things. Great staff and several locations makes it easier to get to.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

I've been coming to WLIAZ for the last two years and i couldn't be happier. Everything has been easy peasy. Mike and Dr. Orris have been very reachable and make me feel like I am not just a number. Also, the staff have been so professional and kind. Thank you!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2016

Dr. Michael J. Orris's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 2000)