Ratings for Dr. Margo Mountjoy

Like others, the wait time is ridiculous. The staff are complicit in this as well. I wouldn't see her if there were other alternatives. I saw her at the University, where I revelled in the surreal atmosphere of the clinic where so many people getting paid so much money to do so little.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

Always seemed more interested in everything but practicing family medicine, not surprised she quit-

flag | Submitted January 3, 2016

It was bittersweet to find out she was leaving her practice. I found since relocating that her office staff became ruder, more disorganized and not as personal. I was in the care of a midwife during the last year and cringed when i had to go back to her office for my regular care. My last pap with my midwife showed early cervical cancer and if it wasnt for my midwife following up i would never have known as they somehow lost my results even though it was faxed 3 different times. When I finally saw her, she brushed it off like it was nothing. Now her practice is closing and she has left patients scrambling with no help. I am a young mom with a new baby that needs her immunizations, luckily I have connections and have a new dr already but that will not be the case for other patients as no dr is accepting new patients and her office gave a website to help find a doctor that is no longer updated. Glad we are done and hopefully get better care.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2012

So disappointed that she has decided to leave family medicine - leaving many patients without a doctor. So far there is only one practice listed as accepting new patients in Guelph-well, are they going to be able to handle that volume of new patients? If you know of any great doctors accepting new patients - let the rest of us know!

flag | Submitted June 12, 2012

Since moving to rockwood, times have dropped, they (samson and mountjoy) have 6 emergency spots open daily that you can call in morning to get. Also there 1 night a week. She has been my doctor since I was a teen and now doc to my 5 children, we love her. She listens and knows and remembers each one of my children... Now saying all this, the wait time SUCKS!! Hated spending an hour- hour and half to see her.. Hoping that they will keep up the shorter wait times in rockwood. I wasn't sure if we were going to follow, but so glad we have, been in 6 times and each time wait under 15 min. YAY. I also love that she will work with delayed immunization and works well with homeopathic doctors and midwives!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2011

great doctor, thorough, but always late. I would recommend her to anybody.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2011

I have been going to Mountjoy for almost 20 years now. She usually has good bedside manner, however at my most recent appointments she only has time for yes and no answers. And of course, that is after waiting almost 1 hour just to see her for a 2 minute question. I do realize that many doctors fall behind schedule, but seeing as her wait times haven't changed in the last 5 years, you would think she would start scheduling more time for each patient.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2009

Excellent doctor who remembers who her patients are and deals with issues expediently and thoroughly. So lucky to have her as a doctor.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2009

She works part-time so is hardly ever available to see. When you can get an appointment, you spend a huge amount of time in the waiting room. She is a wonderful person with a fantastic "bedside manner" but the waiting time is ridiculous.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2009

I switched Dr.'s because I moved, but I had thought of switching because I became frustrated over and over when she was a) late - at least an hour- 1 1/2 wait b) failed to read my chart to remind her of what was going on with my blood tests related to a thyroid condition(ie. talking about re-adjusting my medication when she hadn't prescribed anything yet, but was rather sending me to a specialist) c) Since the implementation of the computer system, she spent more time typing than sitting with me, listening. I agree she is a very knowlegeable Dr., but I'm much happier that I've switched Dr.'s.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2009