Ratings for Dr. Donna Malcolm

I was under the care of her student who I found quite helpful. When he was no longer available, I saw Doctor Malcolm. She over analyzed unimportant details and minimized important concerns I had. She basically told me I don't need therapy even though I find it very helpful in managing chronic pain. She she's strange and dismissive. I would never recommend her.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2015

Dr. M's wonderful insight and her thoughtful questioning led me to conclusions that pointed my life in the right direction. Thanks, Dr. Malcom!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Malcolm from my GP and saw her twice. At the first appointment she seem very opinionated and condescending. I felt she had made her diagnosis of me, based on other reports, before I walked in the door. She appears to listen but doesn't hear me. I may as well have been talking to a wall. She sent a report to my OHS claiming that I was asymptomatic and stable without even sharing this with me prior to sending the report. I was anything but that. The second appointment had the same results. I could not convey my feelings to her. She simply seems to not hear or not understand. I'm not sure which it is. Maybe a combination of both. The result was that I actually became suicidal. I'm a middle age male. She brought me to tears. When I told her this, it was as though I was ignored and no follow up was made. She totally downplayed my state. This is the last thing you might expect from a mental health professional. If she was a heart specialist, you can be assured that a cardiac arrest is in the making. She's a quack. Run away!

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

Dr. Malcolm has been treating my daughter since early 2012. My daughter thinks highly of Dr. Malcolm and depends on her.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2014

Experienced and willing to work with you. She makes you realize that you yourself hold the key to all the answers and should be willing to work on it yourself. Makes you look at things realistically. Polite, respectful, always on time, and one of the good ones out there if you're willing to work with her. very good clercial staff.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2013

I have never written a review on here before, and I am not the kind to be negative, but I thought I should share my experience just to make others aware. This was my first time seeing this kind of specialist. The first time she seemed ok, the second visit was a terrible experience. She didn't deal the problem I am having; instead she asks irrelevant questions. She did not seem to care or be interested in the distress I am dealing with. Rather she seems condescending; as others have said and judgmental. It is my experience too that she misdiagnoseses. I left feeling worse than when I came.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2012

Terrible doctor diagnosed me as bi-polar when i have never had any history of bi-polar what so ever.. Do not put your mental health in the hands of someone who doesn't have the knowledge to properly diagnose your illness.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2012

Dr Malcolm is a conceited, impatient and low-level functioning shrink. She became a psychiatrist because she has no real medical skills and has mistreated numerous patients in the Saskatoon region. Arrogant and haughty - not what I would look for in a "physician"

flag | Submitted March 14, 2012

Dr. Malcolm was not a good doctor for me, a person with serious mental illness in a time of distress. First, she claims to use cognitive behavioural therapy but in practice does not challenge, guide, or support her patients according to CBT principles. She claims her method "just works" without providing a plan or evidence. Second, she ignores spoken warnings that a patient's life may be in danger and takes no action/offers no suggestion to avert possible tragedy. Third, she is prone to anger and works herself into petty one-sided arguments (amusing). Fourth, she is quite erratic, one week recommending medication, the next week refusing to provide it; worse, she often forgets what she said the previous week, making it feels like dealing with two different people. I do not think her personality or expertise suit the role of a therapist, and I do not recommend her. However, this may be a case of our personalities not meshing. You may have more luck. Please be careful if you choose her.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2011

Awful, horrendous, include more synonyms of the like....... Do I need to say more?!!?

flag | Submitted April 26, 2011