Ratings for Dr. Mary K. Durfee

Read this, share it, pass it on.... If this helps just one woman, to not have to go through what I did.. To learn, not to take one Dr at their word and get a second opinion, To speak up and yell at the top of their lungs when they "just know" something is not right, but the Dr's just think "That's you", then my son's death will not have been all in vain.. Remember, YOU have a voice... Don't let them make you feel like you have no choice.. It's YOUR body, it's YOUR baby, and if you feel like they are just brushing YOU off.. Let YOUR voice be heard!!! Last year when we conceived, we were ecstatic. Months and month went by and I was easing into being pregnant. I worked up until I was 32 weeks, then I started having contractions. (Genesis OBGYN/ Generations OBGYN) took me out of work immediately.. I was a high risk, Having Lupus, a classical c/s, and a cerclage in my cervix.. NO labor for me at all they said.. The contractions got worse, tributaline did nothing, so they hospitalized me for 2 days and gave me mag.. I kept telling them from 32-36 weeks that something wasn't right.. No one listened... Repeat LD adventures, each time being sent home.. Don't come back unless you are having more than 6 contractions in an hour or bleeding. Come back to LD, don't come back unless you are having more than 10 STRONG contractions in an hour or bleeding. Come back, don’t come back unless your contractions are more than a minute long.. ect, ect... Well On Sunday February 23 I was in the Northwest Women's Center LD, spotting and contracting.. My dr even told the LD nurses "oh that's just coral she contracts all the time.." Send her home and tell her not to come back unless she can’t stand through a Contraction or is bleeding heavily.. I was so hurt... I was so defeated.. (Alexander was to be delivered by c/s the following Monday..) February 26th.... By that evening the contractions were bad I was crying, and I was noticing Alex was not moving as much... February 27th, I woke up and no movement, an hour later no movement, one more hour, no movement.. I called my dr office, they called me back.. Told me to go to LD....... They tried to hook me up to the machines and listen to the baby, and gauge the contractions.. NO HEART beat.... Brought in the U/S machine... Alex was gone.. 3 days before he was to make his appearance he was gone.... Why in the world of high modern technology, did this happen? Why when I was so many times in the LD did no one take me seriously? Why is a mothers/woman’s voice over shadowed when it comes to her concerns.. These are my fears.. This is what I am haunted by.. Don’t let anyone make you feel little, voice your concerns, get a second opinion.. Thanks for listening..

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

Dr. Durfee's staff, especially her Triage and Appointment Setters are the rudest I have ever encountered. When I called in for a prescription the woman at Triage said verbatim, "Well, I'll see if I have time tomorrow for this." I was dumbfounded, thought to myself "... have time?" The Appointment Setter wanted very detailed info about my consultation questions. She said,"I just wanted to make sure it's related to the v*g*na!" I have never been so humiliated by such unprofessional behavior.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

Dr. Durfee is awesome! I couldn't be any happier with how she treated me while i was pregnant!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

flag | Submitted February 3, 2014

This doctor ruined our first ultrasound appointment. She was impatient with answering questions, condescending, rushed, ignored my husband, overall a very bad bedside manner. I would never use this doctor while having a baby.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2011

I complained over pain with my IUD, but I kept it in on her advice, she said it must be working because I had not gotten pregnant. After over a year, I convinced her to take it out.When she yanked on it, I was bleeding all over and sent home in extreme pain. After days of bleeding and pain, i went in for the surgery. I was very scared, my husband wanted another child. As I was laying waiting to be wheeled into surgery, Dr. Durfee came over. I told her how concerned and scared I was and her response was, "If I have to I will take out your entire uterus." She did not give me anything positive. I went into surgery terrified and woke up from surgery balling. At the follow up appointment I told the Dr how horrible I felt. Her response was "I'm sorry it wasn't the experience you wanted". It was a very strange response. I am now pregnant, thank goodness that Dr. Durfee didn't feel like taking out my uterus that day.I was vulnerable, alone, and taken advantage of. Shame on this Dr.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2011

At first appt, Dr. Durfee knew something was not right. At the very first appt, she had already set up for a biopsy and told me she thought we should do one based on symptons. Biopsy came back with cancer, stage 1. Most doctors would not have had the time to do biopsy on first visit but she is awesome! Her office support is just as wonderful. Can tell you she is caring, compassionate, and interested in you and your health....I hope she never quits practing in Tucson as I consider her one of the best obgyn's there are!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2010

Dr. Durfee was very kind and very attentive to my needs. She made sure I understood everything that was happening and she even sent me home with and mailed more information to my home. Anytime I had any questions or concerns I was able to speak directly to her in most cases. Overall I think she is the best doctor I have ever had.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2008

Dr. Mary K. Durfee's Credentials

• University Of Minnesota Medical School (Grad. 1997)

HealthPartners