Ratings for Dr. Winston Tam

Okay first off, I want to defend the MOAs that run his office. it’s not the staffs fault that he is always fully booked and your waiting for so long. He is the boss and his MOAs are simply following the way he wants them to book. I use to work for him and I would always asked him where I should book patients since he was fully booked up and he would tell me to book them at the end of the day. So as my boss I did what he said knowing he was jammed pack. I even tried putting people on other days that were not fully booked AT THE TIME. When patients checked in I did advise them that there was a wait and that could leave and come back within a certain amount of time. I did my best at the front to make it easier on the patients. I worked the front of his office for many years with it running pretty well. I actually even came up with a new booking system for him but he refused to use it because it made him see less patients. The office became really hectic when I was moved to the back. The MOA at the front was not good at her job and at many times I was forced to do both jobs - mine at the back and her’s at the front. The way she booked was VERY different from myself. She would unblock spaces where there should be a break and fit people in making the entire schedule full from 7am-8pm at nights sometimes. Also keep in mind, Dr Tam was also very busy simply because a lot of people wanted to see him. Simply he was just trying to accommodate everyone who wanted to see him as soon as possible. I get the waiting times were crazy but when I explained to patients that we were fully booked for the day they requested they weren’t happy, then when I tried booking them on another day still not happy. Some insisted that I still book them on a day that is fully booked and then came in and complained they had to wait!! You can’t say it’s the MOAs fault for his wait times YOU can however complain if the MOA was rude or something. Dr Tam himself is no longer a DR in BC or Canada I think simply because he took short cuts, simply as that. Too many shortcuts me for and that is why I left!! Good Dr when you catch him on his good days and rude when you get his bad days. Too greedy for me if you ask!! Anyways keep in mind everyone MOAs are told to book and do certain things as per their bosses protocol regardless if they believe it’s right or wrong! I did my best and tried to make every single one of his patients feel welcomed and special. I even remembered a lot of your names! Anyways enough rambling! Bye

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

He lost his licence because a bunch of us who he forced into emergency c-sections we didn't need reported him. He almost killed one of my babies. He was all about $$$ c-sections got him extra pay. Karma.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

Dr Tam was an amazing doctor. It's a horrible loss to the community that he closed his practice

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

I was so happy with the support dr tam have to me during my pregnancy. He did not deliver my child but he came to visit me the day after and was reassuring. I was warned about having to wait a long time to see him so I made sure to make appointments first thing in the morning. Due to this I never waited to see him.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

I was Dr.Tam's patient at 2010. I found it is disrespectful to the patients and behavioral negligence to highly overbook and as a result let patients to sit in the waiting room for many hours for 5 minutes of useless conversation. It was extremely frustrating to waste so much time. He shouldn't be so much greedy , even he would have a huge loan to pay for his medical school. He pursued his own interests , disregarding the patients . On the other hand Dr. Tam helped me to schedule for me the died fetus removal instead of insisting on taking a pill and then be in pain for many weeks and needed possible cleaning anyway. I would need cleaning before my next IVF. It was very wise and kind of him. He is kind of contradictive.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

Dr Tam. Karma is real! You tried to scam the medical service plan and end up owing them 1.6 million dollars. You said you treated 80 - 90 patient a day. Impossible, when you made us wait for hours. I am so glad I walked out and never returned. You are a disgrace.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

Very rude doctor!!! Told.me.i was fat don't need more.kids because my boy is rowdy!!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

I am sorry he is not practicing. Dr. Tam did tell me his pet peeve was "mothers who did not care for themselves" as it showed him they "did not care for that little baby growing inside." I was average weight and he told me not to get fat... that I needed to stay in shape and eat healthy so I would avoid complications or C-section. I had a rough delivery with my first child and the nurses told me I needed a C-section after 18 hours of labour and 3 hours of pushing/crowning. I was so scared that I would be going under the knife and I did not want that procedure. Dr. Tam came in, took one look at me and told the nurses I did not need the procedure... than he started yelling at me!!!! Some really mean stuff. It might of been the pain, but think I was so mad actually kicked him, swore back and I pushed my daughter out. After delivery and stitches, put his hand on my shoulder, smiled and told me he knew I could do it. He may not be polite all the time but he knew how to get the job done and he was very honest...sometimes brutally so... because carrying a human life inside you is a big responsibility and some people do need to take their health issues seriously. I am happy I followed his advice. My second delivery with him was much easier and smoother (no yelling).

flag | Submitted February 26, 2016

I miss Dr Tam. He was my specialist... I was devastated to hear that he no longer practice in BC : (

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

Dr.Tam was the best obgyn on the planet. He was always very nice and i always felt very comfortable with him. He had a great personality and always answered any question I had.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2015