Ratings for Dr. Bridget T. Walsh

Dr Walsh has a very big heart. When you go to see her she’s there 100%. She listens to you and comes up with great solutions.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2018

I have known Dr. Walsh for over 10 years. She has always been attentive, professional, interested and sympathetic. She has helped my arthritis considerably such that now I am back exercising and doing all the activities I want to do. She takes her time to explain things to me. Occasionally she runs late but then she gives me her entire attention and never cuts the visit short.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2016

She is rude and unprofessional. My first visit to the office was supposed to be with her and a PA; however, she said she didn't know they had scheduled a new patient so late in the day and refused to see me (she wasn't seeing another patient at that time). I saw a different doctor, whom I liked, but my next visit was with Walsh. She didn't seem interested in asking me questions, which I would think would be necessary for a proper autoimmune diagnosis. She only looked at new lab results and even then she didn't seemed to dismiss them. I asked what she was listing as my diagnosis because I was applying for disability. She very rudely told me, "I will not help you get disability. I have patients who are gnarled up (at this point she physically distorted her body to mimic her patients) and they can even work". First off, my physical issues are severe and not only autoimmune. Secondly, she should know as any good rheumatologist should, that a person can be disabled even if they do not look like it, since autoimmune diseases and their symptoms are often not seen. She lied about which diagnosis she going to document. She prescribed a medication that is used for autoimmune diseases; however, she did not document that I had any autoimmune disease. She is gluten free and said even if my Celiac test comes up negative, it would be a good idea to eat gluten free. That simply is not good medical advice. I am a healthcare professional and her attitude is unacceptable.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

I rate Dr. Walsh to be an excellent doctor. She listens to me and discusses my medical issues. Appears to be very knowledgable of my symptoms and how to treat them. Before I leave the office she gives me a computer summary of my visit and procedures to take. Followup of lab results are prompt.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

This rheumatologist has no interest in any individual patient or their needs as much as she does her own ego and will make recommendations based off her "education " and experience with study patients which if it doesn't work for you won't matter and she will not discuss it. She does not listen and is not interested in hearing what you have to say. She does not need or want your input or questions and will flat out say your treatment is not up for discussion. Do not go to this nightmare for a doctor. Her ego will only make you feel worse about your disease and if you argue she will label your file as If you'd been a difficult patient to deal with.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

Without looking at old records and new lab work, she wanted to prescribe 3 gravy duty meds including one I had just told her I was allergic to. She took a personal call on her cell during my exam. I sat and listened to her chat for about two minutes.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2014

Dr. Walsh is not interested in any patient needs. Her ego is too big and she does not care about how you feel. She will prescribe a medication and if it doesn't work she tells at you and makes you feel like a horrible person and will say she is NOT INTERESTED in discussing your pain management. Even after seeing her for years she was not responsive to questions. She makes you feel terrible for being sick and takes it as a huge inconvenience if you have to make an appointment with her. I would not recommend this doctor and have not returned either. Horrible bed side manner, ego, and overall just very uncaring. Ive heard the other doctors in her office are amazing but unfortunately she will not allow you to see them and will only "fire you" when she is questioned.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2013

brought in pertinent health records, mri, cat scans, etc. She told me that she should not be expected to look it over, she did not have time for that. She was very rude and uncaring. I left there feeling like the biggest loser. I was told that this clinic was the best. I either came on a very bad day or she prefers easy to solve problems and is not interested in being challenged. I would not refer anyone there. Her ego is too big.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2011

don't even bother. she was scattered, disorganized. I didn't agree with a thing she said and she didn't seem to believe a word I said. Staff got furious that wouldn't take off my shoes to have my height measured and that I wanted to keep the door open. A doc I trust recommended her, so I'm perplexed. only went once.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2011