You may also like

Rate Dr. Michael A. Steingart

Dr. Michael A. Steingart's Ratings

stated in his report he performed tests he didn't even do.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2876784].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2015

I have seen Dr. Steingart off and on for fifteen years and have the utmost confidence in him. He is very helpful in explaining what he feels the problem is and how it should be addressed. He spends sufficient time to make sure that I am satisfied and understand what he has done and what he wants me to do to improve my health. He is personable and i have full confidence in his knowledge and ability.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2794088].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

Jumped through hoops to get insurance approval for MRI but slapped a $100 leg brace on not covered by insurance and was charged $640 with no other options discussed during the visit and no accommodation for a cash price later when we found out. When trying to arrive at a cash price solution later, was threatened with being sent to collections so paid the entire $640. I believe it's unethical to not be aware of patients'' insurance as they deal with it everyday and we don't deal with it very often. Could have just has easily purchased the $100 leg brace outside the office as it was always way to big due to swelling initially and Dr Steingart indicated it didn't really do anything but was just a reminder. Could have gone with a much less expensive reminder if a discussion had occurred.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2789361].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 26, 2015

Dr. Steingart is knowledgeable but seems to have to look back at notes as to who I am and why I came to see him in the first place. Office staff is disconnected from one another. There is a lack of communication by far. I also have had numerous mistakes when it comes to scripts.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2713340].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 7, 2015

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2504365].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2014

While I find Dr . steingart to be a fine doctor unfortunately due to his staff I must find a new surgeon. After having numerous problems with his staff on scheduling today consisted of spending a combined total of 34 minutes between 2 calls to be told of their refill policy. After explaining I was not adking for a refill but that where they scheduled me to far out for my meds to last I was told they need 2 business days to process requests pretty hard to do when they don't provide the information until you've run out. Guess I don't need to sleep tonight shame on you.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2399291].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

Old time approach to medicine. Hevspend the time needed to explain everything. I would recommend him to my kids and my parents. Just a warm professional man. Answered every phone call in short order. He is in the business for the right reason the care of his patients not the cash. Very refreshing in today's environment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][637544].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2011

LOVE Dr Steingart and staff. He was very interested in understanding my pain and then offering a solution. He was very upfront as to what I could expect after SED surgery and now two years later, he has been spot on. I would highly recommend him and have done so to several people who have found the same level of professionalism and respect.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][637543].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 11, 2010

I have had both knees scoped and then replaced by Dr Steingart and would have no one else operate on me. My first replacement surgery was for my right knee and that one was a bit of a problem through no fault of the Dr. My body just decided to revolt (blood clots to both lungs and in my leg). I have never seen a Doctor respond emotional and physically to a patient's needs like he and his staff did. He cares about the person as much as he does about the treating the illness. I trusted him so much that a year and a half later I had my left knee replaced. This one went well. His personality and wacky humor is just the icing on the cake. I just wish my Mother lived here in AZ instead of PA. He would be the Doctor I would want her to see.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][637542].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2010

Absolutely wonderful personality and fantastic doctor. He makes you feel comfortable and treats you like a doctor should. Had SED surgery and it was a complete success. I would recommend him to anyone with any orthopedic issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][637541].votes_count ]]