Ratings for Dr. Phillip McNeil

I rate Dr. McNeil at a strong 5. I never have to wait very long for my appointment. He listens well and does not talk down to me. I have developed a rapport with him and feel safe telling him my health concerns and issues. He was also very accurate giving me a cortisone shot that alleviated hip pain I have been dealing with for quite some time. Dr. McNeil, in my opinion, is a really good doctor.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

I am so disappointed that Dr. MacNeil is not practicing on a regular basis any longer. Apparently he has retired (2008?) and being one of his steady patients for 34 years, I was not given a curtosy call to advise that I would need to find a new doctor. When I called the Alder Medical Clinic to request a new doctor, they told me I would have to take the newest Doctor in the clinic. Whoopee, not much of a choice and what I was given, isn't very good. Maybe when I call again, and speak to a different scheduling girl, I might be given a little better choice of Doctors. Persistence might pay off??

flag | Submitted December 11, 2009

Not at all a pleasant experience. He treated me like I was wasting his time, which automatically made me uncomfortable. He talked more than he listened and also felt it necessary to slag my family Doctor who I couldn't get into see at the time. I left the appointment with no knowledge of what was going on with me. The whole visit i felt like he didn't want to be there.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2008

Dr. McNeil is kind and has patience. He is forgiving and even when I seemed off the wall, he did not judge me and gave me the time I needed. I appreciate him and thank goodness he doesn't push you out the door like so many others. Thanks Dr. McNeil!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2008

He's always been helpful and takes the time to listen to what you are telling him. Laid back attitude is relaxing. He answered any questions I asked and took the time to make sure I understood. No complaints.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2007

I think he's a great has a dry sense of humor always looks over the brim of his glasses which makes me laugh has always a joke of some sort. He delivered my 2 kids and always enjoyed seeing him.Maybe some of new people to Campbell River have no idea what a personnal Doctor is. That's what McNeil is personnal.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2007

I seen Dr Mcneil when I was 12 years old . I had ruptured my speen. He sent me home and told my parents I had bruised my ribs. They had to take me back to the hospital at 9pm that evening and he was not happy. My parents insisted that he keep me in overnight .Thank the good lord that there was a doctor there who knew what he was doing . I had amost bled to death , Had to have emergency surgery and was in ICU for 2 weeks. I saw him again when I was about 18 years old and was on blood thinners for deep vein thrombosis and I had gotten a kidney infection from the blood thinners . My family practioner told me that it was common to get kidney infections when you go on blood thinners and if I got one to make sure the doctor knew I was on blood thinners . I saw Mcneil and told him I was on blood thinners and could not have sulfa drugs. He told me I wasn't the doctor and he knew what he was doing . He gave me sulfa and I ended back into the hospital with bleeding kidney. Same on you !!!!!!!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2007

Does always refer you to a person with knowledge if he has any doubts. very caring

flag | Submitted June 11, 2007

When I moved to Campbell River, he was the first doctor I saw, after the appointment I went straight to the front desk and asked for a new doctor. Phil needs to retire, he's not happy therefore his patients aren't happy.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2007

He was my first doctor in Campbell River. Just a horrible experience. I'm surprised he's still practicing. I would not trust my health in his hands.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2007