Ratings for Dr. Armando Gonzalez

August 2017. All paper work addressed issues of penality fees, no medical history. Office staff seemed nice or were afraid of losing their jobs. I concur with other reviews: Armando is brisk, rushed, intimating. Told me my lungs sound clear so should discontinue using 2 inhalants. This judgment without having any medical history on me! I'm rushing to find another PCP.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

OMG if I would have seen the bad reviews before I chose this office, I would have not gone. But no I was the stupid one to go in for a third and last time. It should have dawned on me the first time when my son went in for a New patient the doctor coded wrong to the ins comp stating that it was an obesity check when in fact it should have been new pt. now we have a bill of $250 that ins is not going to cover and now they want to send me to collections. The doctor does not ask about any concerns always in a hurry and is never on time. The front desk staff is not very cheerful either. I chose him because my husband comprehends better in Spanish so they gave a form to my husband to fill out in English and I asked if there was one in Spanish they said "no". So I wrote diabetes and it would be easier to fill out if in Spanish. The doctor is from Mexico he told me that I was rude to write that stated we live in America crumbled the paper and threw it, very unprofessional, very humiliating.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2014

I was disappointed the moment he walked into the office and started telling me that if I didn't follow his policies then the appointment was over. He told me that his staff said I was being difficult.(because I was not going to fill out the records release form until I decided if I liked his practice, and I would not bring in my medications)I work at a secure facility and could not bring in my medications nor leave them in my car. After telling me about following his policies and me explaining about my medications he said,"Oh,I don't need to see those anyway."I went to establish myself as a new patient and also needed him to look at the progress of my inner ear infection because I was worried my ear drum had ruptured. He didn't even look at my ear telling me that my antibiotics would be in my system for 2 weeks, the antibiotics would be in my system for 2 weeks.....broken record, never did look at my ear. So needless to say called and cancelled my next appointment Proceed with caution.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2014

he has got to be one of the worst doctors in practice today.he never fills prescriptions on time. he has more than once filled out the prescription paperwork incorrectly and the pharmacy was an able to fill the prescriptions until he made the correction, which took days and multi phone calls. he is rude and insulting. he has more than once asked me for cash up front to cover things I found out later we're covered under my insurance. he continually tries to prescribe medication that I do not needsuch as medication for high cholesterol when I do not have high cholesterol but he says its precautionary???

flag | Submitted May 27, 2013

If I could give a zero rating I would . This has to be the worst Dr in Tucson. Dr. Armando is unpatient,rude, curses to his patients, puts them on the spot infront of staff members, gives unnessasary medication,his staff is RUDE and very unorganized, he over books his practice so you are waiting to see him 1 hour+.When he does get there he doesnt let you talk or explain and if you question him or cut him off he will reply with IM THE F....... DOCTOR NOT YOU.He is EXTREMELY unprofessional. Im surprised more people havent shared there experiance

flag | Submitted March 20, 2013

mr. gonzalez treated me with the quick great care that i needed and was very helpful. told me all the items i needed to know and really earned my trust! he knew how to help me and explained very well. jeremy d morrow

flag | Submitted December 22, 2011

I am also unhappy with this Doctor, he seems to care more about selling me his products than my health, I'm definatley changeing Doctors.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2010

Gonzalez was my moms doctor. Recently switched him for another Dr. Very unprofessional and rude. Went from 1 bad doctor to worse. Always in a rush, rarely pays close attention to our concerns about my moms health, his response; "what else, what else!". Has left out medications. His and his staffs lack of prompt attention to fill a prescription is very frustrating. Mom has gone a couple of days in missing medicine for this reason. Last straw, didn't handle mom in a caring manner. Pulled her leg without telling her what he was going to do. She screamed asking him to stop, his response; "I know what I'm doing, Im not doing this to hurt her". Mom was in so much pain. Our family felt that his disrespectulful, callous and unprofessional manner in which he has dealt with mom and our family is good enough to remove her from his care. We will never recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2009

No bed side manners. also dignosed to insurance things that I was unaware of. Perscribed medication that i didn't need. Felt as if he was rushed and just tried to shove me out the door.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2009

Dr. Armando Gonzalez's Credentials

• Spanish

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1992)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal