Ratings for Dr. John Dmytryshyn

Dr. John Dmytryshyn fixed my nose after a botched surgery by my previous surgeon. The staff at VGH told me he did "great work" and he was well recognized and renown. I had surgery in the 1970's by his mentors and I was happy I had been referred by this wonderful surgeon. It has been almost 20 years since he did my nose and I am STILL very happy and satisfied. He is one of THE best cosmetic surgeons in my opinion. I have recently retired from the medical profession and I have no problem referring this surgeon for corrective and cosmetic surgery to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2018

I'm so sorry there were others who had negative experiences. I had a complete facelift with Dr Dmytryshyn 19 years ago. I was completely happy with the results and so happy about me new face. He did a wonderful job. He and the staff were so easy to deal with. I am now 74 and was hoping he was still in practice so I could pay him another visit. People have still made comments about my complexion and have commented that I look 15 to 20 years younger. I would have recommended and sang his praises to anyone. Wishing him the best in his retirement. Marilyn Delcoure

flag | Submitted April 19, 2018

The worst butcher. Completely disfigured and scarred a beautiful insecure young woman with all three procedures which I have since had to live with. He should have been sued in a class action.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

I have no ifea what people are talking about but this doctor was amazing! Its been 10 years and my nose still looks flawless. I went into his office not knowing a thing, all i knew was i wanted a nose job. We sat through computer imaging and I was happy with it; he then said it would look better then this. I immediately booked my appt for the next available date, two weeks later. Put my complete trust in him and ta da, till this day i am super happy. Thank you Dr. Dmytryshyn!

flag | Submitted September 10, 2017

Please go onto Facebook I started a page for all of us who have been Butchered by Dmytryshyn. He did my nose 30 years ago I was 16 and I have not had a slept without pain. I can still move my nose and touching the bridge has turned into a party trick. I had no idea there were others out there. Anyone else got the breast exam?

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

I had the same issue as the previous comment. I had a deviated sptum and he ruined my nose even worse. HE should be sued he is a horrible doctor Im glad he retired he should be sued badly for ruining peoples lives.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

This doctor ruined my nose and life for almost 20 years. I was very young when I was referred to him for a deviated septum, he said he could easily fix the problem. He operated on my nose and changed the appearance, he insisted on operating again(with B.C. medical paying the bill).He totally chiseled my nose down to a caved in horrendous mess.I was so distraught I lived with it in shame for almost 20 years,until finally my girlfriend at the time asked me if I was in a car accident. I finally got the courage to get it fixed.I went to the epi center of plastic surgery (Los Angeles) where they actually know what there doing,$20k later my nose looks amazing.This Vancouver doctor had no idea what he was doing,glad he retired.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

I had a rhinoplasty few years back , he botched it ,and cut off too much cartilage ; he did a terrible job ,very neglectful should of never gone to him !

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015

I had a primary with Dr. D 6 years ago. The outcome was substandard and the tip was uneven. He agreed to provide a correction and over resected the cartilage and damaged my nose beyond repair. Even with a revision rhinoplasty the surgeon told me there was so much damage that the results ended in a large scar and indentation. Dr.D retired 6-8 months after my surgery, damaging a few more patients along the way that I have read through reviews. He failed to take caution and ethically failed as a doctor. When my husband approached him demanding a refund he gladly handed it over along with a legal document signed by me preventing the right to seek legal action. This has left me physically and emotionally scarred. My life is now tainted with social anxiety, panic attacks, therapy sessions, and a regret that will be with me forever. He had a responsibility as a surgeon in his expertise to not allow for such irreparable damage. He failed.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

Amazing! I had rynoplasty in 1992. I'm black so I must confess, I was worried whether I would be happy with the outcome. I was overjoyed & everyone was so accommodating. To this day , 22 yrs. later, I feel finally confident to face the world. I'm a musician so looks matter

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014