Ratings for Dr. Amin Javer

I was suffering from a fungal infection in my nose, and had a nose tumor for all my life. I had approached Dr. Javer and had asked him specifically if he could correct both of these. He had replied that he would correct these problems, even in another email where I had spelt it out. He had asked $11,000 for this simple procedure, which had nearly bankrupted me, although I had proceeded with this as this had been ailing me for years. After the operation, which he had to reschedule twice because of scheduling problems his staff had made, I still had the problems. He had cleared out some mucus from my nose, but that's it for $11,000. Please go to another doctor and spare yourself the money and time

flag | Submitted May 14, 2017

Dr. Javer literally changed my life. I am diagnosed with allergic fungal sinusitis and due to surgical intervention and 2 monthly follow ups I have mu life back and asthma controlled for the first time in 20 years. He is professional and a vey compassionate man and a leader in his field. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

Have been a patient of Dr. Javer for many years, he is nothing short of the best, highly recommended.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

I had nose surgery 2 years ago and I still cannot breath properly .I waited 3 years for nothing ! Dr. Amin Javer uses these doctor students one of them put the camera up my nose very forceful and I told him to take it out and I refused for letting a Doctor student examin me again I regret waiting 3 years for a nose operation that did nothing . why Dr. Amin Javer is so popular I have no clue half of the time he uses students to do his work .I don't recommend this doctor .He should not be working at ST. pauls hospital he is two face over polite and phoney .

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

Had sinus surgery with Dr. Javer which potentially life threatening. Unfortunately with our horrendous BC medical system, MSP would only cover if I were admitted to the hospital with a brain infection-near death. It was inevitable that this was going to happen so my only option was to pay privately. The surgery went smoothly and I am back to normal. It was amazing how the residents and other doctors look highly upon Dr. Javer. He is amazing and will answer your questions immediately if you have any concerns. If anyone is looking for a sinus surgeon, he is the one to see. Unfortunately the wait time is just appalling. If you are fortunate enough to see him privately, he is well worth it.

Submitted February 27, 2017

I have never met a more caring and knowledgeable man than Dr. Javer. He does amazing work and is very down to earth and human while doing it. I wish there were not only more doctors like him, but more human beings like him!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

Thank YOU! I have been ill in excess of 18 mos. & for the first time in a long while that I have not been treated like some whining patient looking for a cure for the common cold! I emailed & received a response within hours & I am very relieved & thankful that I will have regular contact & support until my surgery! I implore our government to assist & help get rid if such lengthy waiting lists.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2017

Even though I had to wait 3 years for my sinus surgery, the results were excellent, recovery was much easier than I expected, and I've emailed Dr.Javer many times and he will answer within minutes, even on a weekend.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

I first went to see Dr Javar when I was sixteen. At the time I had a severely deviated septum and i couldn't breath through my nose. I had seen other ENTs who had recommended other more invasive surgeries previously. When Dr Javar told me about endoscopic surgery I was so relieved. It seemed like the golden key to solving my sinus problems. Due to the incredibly long wait list that Dr Javar had and the severity of my sinus congestion caused by the deviated septum, Dr Javar recommended that I get the surgery done privately with him at his False Creek clinic. At this point my mom and I were so desperate to get this solved that we got together enough money and I had the endoscopic surgery done privately. The surgery was a massive success. I could breath through my nose one week after surgery for the first time in my life really. But a few years later I noticed that my right nostril was a bit constricted. I emailed Javar about this issue and he pretty much sloughed it off so I just let it be. Unfortunately the problem just kept getting worse and worse. I went to see Dr Javar again and he said there could be some allergies involved. I got tested for allergies and they found no source of allergen. I went back to him again and he scheduled me for a CAT scan and then never got back to me. Another year or so later I made another app. with him and he said my turbinates were enlarged. He said he could schedule me for a less effective surgery through the public system or he could perform a better surgery technique privately and I wouldn't have to wait. The problem is that it seems very obvious to me and other people that have looked at my nose that the cartilage in my right nostril has somewhat collapsed and obstructed the airway. It seems like hes just trying to scam money out of me. It makes me sad that he even has a private practice. I bet if he didn't have his own clinic he wouldn't have such long wait lists. I'm so disappointed in how this turned out. Especially since my sinus problems haven't even been solved 😞. I just want to be able to sleep properly. I'm still in my early 20s and im a university student with a developing brain, not getting adequate sleep can't be good.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

Very knowledgeable doctor who truly cares for his patients. Via email he is very accessible and will answer any question you may have. His office staff at St.Paul's are less friendly then the staff at the False Creek clinic.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016