Ratings for Dr. Amin Javer

If you are looking for a doctor who will rush you and take 1 minute with you to make a diagnosis + plan, then he is your man. He pushes his patients for surgery without entertaining other non-invasive management options.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

Despite the hype, Dr. A came across as very arrogant. I was seen by his foreign fellow and felt that the long wait (4 months) for the referral was a complete waste.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2017

Years ago, this doctor (if you can call him that) nearly killed me and left me with a life long disability. He prescribed an antibiotic after my sinus surgery that was not suitable for me. I questioned him about and he said it was safe for me. I ended up in ICU for 2 weeks! When i told him about it months later, he merely said "things like that happen..." Disgusting! Ihope karma finds him because he took away my livelihood and I have been living in pain ever since. I would have sued him if the laws in Canada were not so protective of doctors. I never even got an apology! Stay away from him!

Submitted September 28, 2017

Dr. Javer diagnosed me almost immediately after I met with him, something two other ENT's failed to do in the previous year and a half of having recurring sinus infections. When I told Dr. Javer I'd previously had nasal/sinus surgery, he believed me and easily confirmed that my sinus infections were the result of that surgery, and that I'd need to have surgery to repair my septum. Dr. Javer was so helpful and kind, and completely honest about how long the public medical system would take to get to me with the current waitlist for surgery (over two years, the medical system is a poorly managed mess in BC).

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

I have never felt so safe and well taken care of. I saw Dr. Javer after terrible experiences with Dr. Bartlett and Dr. Kibblewhite. Dr. Javer has such a warm personality and even though I felt like death, I felt better just being in his presence. He had a fellow assist in the consult which I thought was amazing, more young doctors should learn from him. As soon as I sat down and talked about my chronic sinus and tonsil issues Dr. Javer took the camera scope and looked at my tonsils, and he was mortified at the state of them and asked "why it had taken me so long to come in". After 3 years of having chronic sinus and tonsil issues and having several doctors and surgeons refuse to see me and dismiss my sickness because they can't be bothered, it felt so nice to finally have a doctor address and validate the pain I've been going through. He also took a look at a CT scan that several other doctors before him were given and within a few minutes of looking at it he told me that my nose was also broken and that's why I've been having so many problems over the years. 3 doctors and surgeons had seen the CT before him and none of them were able to see it or cared enough to tell me that I had a broken nose. Dr. Javer was unbelievably kind and said he wanted to do an emergency surgery so he could help me feel better right away. Himself, his fellow, and his admin staff were honestly so kind. It doesn't matter to me that I have to pay for him to do the surgery, in my eyes I'm just happy to have met a doctor that has actually taken the time to diagnose me and help me. If you ever require an ENT, see Dr. Amin Javer.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2017

Dr. Javer is truly a gift to his field. He is so brilliant yet kind and personable at the same time. I appreciated his listening ear and though he is a busy man I never felt like I was being rushed through my appointment. He took the time to listen to my questions and being able to reach him by email about my concerns just endeared him to me even more. The surgery has helped to give me my life back. I can finally breathe easier and have less sinus pressure and pain.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

Dr, Javer is an amazing surgeon. Its been a year since my operation and I have my life back. I have discussed my operation with other surgeons and they all agree that only Dr. Javer could have done this incredibly challenging surgery.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

Dr. Javer literally changed my life. I am diagnosed with allergic fungal sinusitis and due to surgical intervention and 2 monthly follow ups I have mu life back and asthma controlled for the first time in 20 years. He is professional and a vey compassionate man and a leader in his field. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

Have been a patient of Dr. Javer for many years, he is nothing short of the best, highly recommended.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

I had nose surgery 2 years ago and I still cannot breath properly .I waited 3 years for nothing ! Dr. Amin Javer uses these doctor students one of them put the camera up my nose very forceful and I told him to take it out and I refused for letting a Doctor student examin me again I regret waiting 3 years for a nose operation that did nothing . why Dr. Amin Javer is so popular I have no clue half of the time he uses students to do his work .I don't recommend this doctor .He should not be working at ST. pauls hospital he is two face over polite and phoney .

Submitted March 7, 2017