Ratings for Dr. Paul Shuckett

Very rude doctor, highly reccomend going elsewhere

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

I wish that you could give a 0 for punctuality because he's never on time. One time I had the first a appointement of the day and he was 15-20 mins late because he was eating his breakfast.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

I started seeing this doctor when I was 2 and had 3 corrective eye surgeries through him. He answered all my surgery questions and reassured me about everything. The waiting times are usually 45 - 2 hours past your apt time but absolutely worth the wait. I am now 29 and no longer need contacts or glasses.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

My 5 Yr old daughter has been seeing Dr. shuckett for about a year now and has been nothing but great with her. He interacts with her and explains everything to me. He is the only eye doctor who's actually done something for us and to help her. the office is usually always busy and he sees multiple patients daily so it's understandable that he tries to be quick but he is still efficient.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

I'm sure this man is knowledgeable in his field, however, this man is RUDE and ARROGANT, has ZERO BEDSIDE MANOR, ZERO COMMUNICATION SKILLS, ZERO BEDSIDE MANOR, and REFUSES TO SPEAK TO THE CHILD. His mind seems to be racing all the time, and PAYS LITTLE ATTENTION THROUGHOUT THE 3 MINUTES HE SPENDS WITH YOUR CHILD. Save yourself the heartache, AVOID this doctor for your sake, and that of your child! We were so lucky to have found Dr. Dawn Dunford (at the recommendation of a friend) who is the EXACT OPPOSITE of Dr. Shuckett! (204) 467-8044 She is patient, attentive, kind and amazing with our kids - you'll be thrilled :)

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

very bad experience. my 2 year old daughter is about to loose the use of her left eye and this doctor does not even let me finish my question but answers '' no'' ''there's nothing we can do'' . useless. I will never recommend to anybody.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

My teenager was referred to Dr. Shuckett and after giving the receptionist the Manitoba medical, which all the proper information is on they still didn't have his right birth date. His receptionist was very rude to other patients and there parents. Dr. Shuckett was VERY ruff, wouldn't give him a break from shining the light in his eye for probably 10 minutes, his bed side manner is VERY poor, no respect for the patient and parents. Also he had a student doctor with him, which he should be showing him to act in a professional manner. He diagnosed him and said "the syndrome is nothing not to worry about it, just see your family dr if headaches persist". After researching and discussing the diagnoses with an emergency room dr his condition is VERY serious and needs to be monitored. We will see what comes back from all the invasive tests and procedures, that not only does he has to go through now but also for the rest of his life that could have been or is life threatening at this moment. NOBODY should be told false information when it come to your life. I would NEVER refer him to anyone! There is NOTHING professional about him at all.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

After reading all the atrocious reviews on dr shuckett, I was quite afraid of my sons appointment. It was nothing like anything I've read here. He was kind, pleasant and explained things to me. He was kind of quick but said everything that needed to be said and was great with my son who is only 17 months. The waiting time is awful, I waited a total of 1.5 hours but he is a busy man so I understand.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

As stated, Dr. Schuckett is not the most pleasant man, but he's an excellent surgeon. He is rather short, but every time I've been in his office it's been chaotic so I can't blame him. His receptionist can be a bit grouchy too but same problem - it is always super busy in there. But I have no complaints about the work he has done on my eye.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

My Brother, now 26 years old was treated by Dr. Shuckett as a premature infant. We were told at the time of his care in the PICU that Dr Shuckett was monitoring his eyes and not to worry. We had met with him many times and were told they were fine and the Oxygen levels in his incubator were not harming his eyes. Not long after, we were informed by Dr Shuckett that there unfortunately was damage and he is likely to loose his vision or have very limited. Apparently Dr Shuckett was not monitoring his eyes or doing his job properly! He has TERRIBLE bedside manner, does not have patients and is a very rude, rude person. I have heard nothing but bad stories over the years about this "Dr" and wish Manitoba had more Paediatric Ophthalmologists to choose from because if there had been I'm pretty sure my brother would be able to see today.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015