Ratings for Dr. Paul Shuckett

This was the 1st time seeing this physician and I hope we never have to go back. The Dr was very rude my son clearly stability issues and is using his Walker and the Dr wouldn't even move his chair for him to get by and stood in the middle of the hallway and after we said excuse me he didn't move. His one receptionist was rude to patients on the phone and to patients in the waiting room. Nothign was explained to us, when our sons file was handed back to the receptionist the Dr asked her something she snapped at him and us saying you will get a letter in the mail about the next appointment in 2 months, we don't even know what the next appointment is about. It was a terrible experience. I work in a doctors office and I would never treat a patient that way. I was very upset as a mom.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2018

Botched my sons eye surgery. Unbelievable. Terrible social and people skills.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2018

Both my (foster) sons had been referred to Dr Shuckett because of their eyes being crossed. The boys were 2 and 31/2 . As he checked their eyes he turned and said :which parent has RP ? " I said the boys just came into my care so I have no idea. I asked what RP was and was told " well they are going blind" Imagine 2 little boys hearing this as well as my reaction. I started to tear up and he just said well you need to go to Sick Kids in Toronto. This mas was the most arrogant,rude and uncaring as I have ever met. I have repeatedly asked for another specialist I'm told no they already have one. Last year after another eye exam he says" well his (my younger son) eyes are fine" I said really it's gone ! He looks at his eyes and says" oh no it's not " You need to see a retinal specialist . My son has RP and losing his sight at 14 . This man should retire as he has gotten more abrupt and uncaring . He always manages to upset the boys (and myself)with his lack bedside manner.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2018

Very rude doctor, highly reccomend going elsewhere

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

I wish that you could give a 0 for punctuality because he's never on time. One time I had the first a appointement of the day and he was 15-20 mins late because he was eating his breakfast.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

I started seeing this doctor when I was 2 and had 3 corrective eye surgeries through him. He answered all my surgery questions and reassured me about everything. The waiting times are usually 45 - 2 hours past your apt time but absolutely worth the wait. I am now 29 and no longer need contacts or glasses.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

My 5 Yr old daughter has been seeing Dr. shuckett for about a year now and has been nothing but great with her. He interacts with her and explains everything to me. He is the only eye doctor who's actually done something for us and to help her. the office is usually always busy and he sees multiple patients daily so it's understandable that he tries to be quick but he is still efficient.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

I'm sure this man is knowledgeable in his field, however, this man is RUDE and ARROGANT, has ZERO BEDSIDE MANOR, ZERO COMMUNICATION SKILLS, ZERO BEDSIDE MANOR, and REFUSES TO SPEAK TO THE CHILD. His mind seems to be racing all the time, and PAYS LITTLE ATTENTION THROUGHOUT THE 3 MINUTES HE SPENDS WITH YOUR CHILD. Save yourself the heartache, AVOID this doctor for your sake, and that of your child! We were so lucky to have found Dr. Dawn Dunford (at the recommendation of a friend) who is the EXACT OPPOSITE of Dr. Shuckett! (204) 467-8044 She is patient, attentive, kind and amazing with our kids - you'll be thrilled :)

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

very bad experience. my 2 year old daughter is about to loose the use of her left eye and this doctor does not even let me finish my question but answers '' no'' ''there's nothing we can do'' . useless. I will never recommend to anybody.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

My teenager was referred to Dr. Shuckett and after giving the receptionist the Manitoba medical, which all the proper information is on they still didn't have his right birth date. His receptionist was very rude to other patients and there parents. Dr. Shuckett was VERY ruff, wouldn't give him a break from shining the light in his eye for probably 10 minutes, his bed side manner is VERY poor, no respect for the patient and parents. Also he had a student doctor with him, which he should be showing him to act in a professional manner. He diagnosed him and said "the syndrome is nothing not to worry about it, just see your family dr if headaches persist". After researching and discussing the diagnoses with an emergency room dr his condition is VERY serious and needs to be monitored. We will see what comes back from all the invasive tests and procedures, that not only does he has to go through now but also for the rest of his life that could have been or is life threatening at this moment. NOBODY should be told false information when it come to your life. I would NEVER refer him to anyone! There is NOTHING professional about him at all.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016