Ratings for Dr. Karen Addis

I am new to Tucson and saw Karen Addis, MD for my Well Woman annual exam. I got her name from a friend. I was very disappointed with the exam. As a new patient, I thought she would at least ask me a bit about myself. Nothing. The exam was quick, about 20 minutes. A quick breast exam, she did an internal exam but did not find both ovaries and not concerned about it. She used a topical anesthetic for the internal exam without asking me first. She did use ultrasound to look at my uterine fibroids, offering information when I asked questions. She said I could have my uterus and ovaries removed - if I wanted to. Why would I do such a thing? I explained the fibroids have been there over 10 yrs and no problems, and based on her assessment they are smaller. It may be she is tired of these standard exams after being in practice for so many years. But when you are a patient, who has had breast cancer and wonders about ovarian cancer, I prefer a doctor who provides more information.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2014

Dr. Karen Addis's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Arizona College Of Medicine (Grad. 1976)