Ratings for Dr. James Saffrey

I've been with Dr Saffery from teen-hood to motherhood and now into the wonderful world of 50+. He's always been good at listening and not scoffing at my interest in holistic medicine. He's been really quick to facilitate extra medical testing and treatments as I've needed them in the past and stays on top of the results received from them.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2018

Has been my doctor since delivery. Always professional, helpful, and liking to take the time to speak with you and work your problems out, which sometimes leads to a little longer of wait times. The few extra minutes you may wait are 100% worth it for the outcome.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

Dr. Saffrey has been our family doc for decades. He's always been amazing. He has seen us through some very hard times and is always helpful.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

I left Dr. Saffrey 10 years ago because he always made me feel like my concerns were a nuisance. My parents have been patients of Dr. Saffrey for 20-25 years with relatively few complaints until recently. After waiting 3 weeks to finally see him, my father was misdiagnosed by Dr. Saffrey and put on improper medication. Despite having made no improvements, Dr. Saffrey kept my father on this medication for 2 months. Only after visiting the emergency room at the hospital was my father tested as should have been done in the first place and correctly diagnosed. Dr. Saffrey's poor practice put my father's health at risk, and I think it is time for him to finally retire.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2015

I am a patient of Dr. Saffrey and am very pleased with his care and staff. For one that I have a Doctor at all in these times when there is not one for everyone. I find it very sad you are rating Maureen in this site as it is RATE YOUR DOCTOR site . I have never had any problems with Maureen and perhaps it is these people that feel they have problems with her are a problem themselves.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2015

Dr. Saffrey has been my family doctor for over 21 years. Yes, I miss Barb but I like Maureen also. Do you remember that Barb used to knock on the door to tell the Doctor to go to his next patient? If you are waiting eons now, ask yourself "how long did I talk about general topics last time."

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

I've been seeing Dr. Saffery as my doctor for over 25 years. He's a great doctor, very personable, helpful and capable. However, I miss Barb greatly. I find myself waiting way too long to make an appointment because I dread his receptionist. She's Short, rude and and seems to be irritated by everyone. Maybe she needs a career change. Dr. Saffery, why are you keeping her? Please listen to you patients.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

The receptionist is the worst I've ever come into contact with she's rude Has zero ability to help she has trouble walking let alone working she acts extremely annoyed and looks down on me I suffer from fibermyalga and she treats me like a hypercodeact and has messed up my appontment s over 3 times and try's to charge me for missing one f you moreen you get a thumbs down and I had to switch Drs because she's so terrible to deal with sorry saff but she's gotta go I don't think she's all there my family's going to the wheel house it's better people they get a 5 moreen gets a - 10 she's going to put you under

Submitted November 25, 2014

My family has been with Dr.saffrey for 24 years. Im have alwaysbeen very pleased with Dr. saffreys skills, compasion, honesty, medical ability and his personality. However, his recepitionist Maureen is very unproffesional, rude, short,condensending, and realy shouldn't be a part of Dr, Saffreys medical team. Every since Maureen replaced Barb( dearly missed) things changed dramatically as a patient calling in to book apointments to see Dr. Saffrey.I have always tried to Adjust to Maureenun proffessional behaviour but after she hung up on me,l decided to speak up about maureens poor behaviour. Looking at this web site l can clearly see that "there is a problem" with Maureens attitude.Why hasn't this changed??

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014

I have been seeing Jim forerver it seems like! He is an awesome doctor. I think Maureen is very polite but can be a little short at times. Barb was pretty helpful back in the day and maybe I liked her so much that I am still sad she is gone. Maureen is growing on me though, if you approach her with pleasantries first, she will usually engage happily. As for Dr. Saffrey, I have no idea what I would do without him! Its never about pills first and I have a multitude of medical issues and I always feel as though he remembers everything about me without having to remind him as well which is amazing. The reason they run late is not Maureens fault, its due to him taking that extra effort to be personable with each and every one of us. I will be sad when he retires!

flag | Submitted February 8, 2013