Ratings for Dr. Kari L. Patterson

If I could give 0 stars I would! This doctor saw my adult daughter on an emergency basis for very serious symptoms. Instead of reviewing the medical records we made sure to provide her, she tested my daughter for things that had already been ruled out. It's like she never looked at the records (all tests had been done the same week) and never listened. She was a complete waste of time, money and energy. Not only that, but her staff looks dirty, unkempt and not one person smiled. As a matter of fact, one member of her staff (Pauline) was particularly nasty. I guess nastiness loves company. There are many neurologists to choose from in Phoenix and I happened to be referred to one of the worst!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

I found Dr. Patterson to be abrupt, dismissive, and of no help. She promptly sent me to another specialist who was equally ineffective. I would never refer her anyone to her.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

I would not recommend Dr. Patterson to anyone. I am a 48 year old woman who has suffered from severe chronic migraines since the age of 12 and more recently (prior to 2008 to present) a seizure disorder. Dr. Patterson did not take the time to listen to my history and the beyond numerous medications I have been put on by multiple neurologists throughout my life. She put me on a medication I had been previously prescribed which did not help at all then or now and on my 2nd or 3rd visit proceeded to tell me it was a lack of Vitamin B12 that was causing my problems. Really??? Funny how none of my past neurologists came to that conclusion. I would not recommend her to anyone who is suffering the way I have. No compassion!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2014

I went in with symptoms of low cerebral spinal pressure and MRIs revealing Tarlov Cysts. I told her about the cysts but she instantly dismissed them as being related and focused on me having a fluid leak, even though I had never had an LP of any kind. She ordered a CT Myelogram to look for a leak, but when it was time for the test she and a doctor at the hospital decided to try a blood patch first, even though I already had one and it didn't work, and they are only used for LP leaks, which there was no evidence of. I refused and didn't get the procedure or the test done. I later had my own doctor order a CT Myelogram based on Dr. Patterson's original order. After the test revealed nothing I found out she had deliberately left out the section of my spine with the cysts so she could continue ordering tests and procedures I didn't need in order to pad her bank account. I later saw a neurosurgeon who confirmed it was the cysts causing everything.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2013

Dr. Patterson helped me to find a medication that controlled my seizures. She really listened to my worries about other medicines I was on in the past. I recommend her to my friends and family.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2011

Dr. Patterson was very knowledgeable and very helpful. I understood everything as it was explained to me, and she answered questions I didn't know I had. She also explained a condition I've dealt with my whole life in a very matter-of-fact way. I'm very impressed with her and her office.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2010

Dr. Patterson has helped me with my medical condition when so many doctors just handed me pills and sent me on my way. I recommend her

flag | Submitted September 10, 2008

I saw her multiple times and at first I thought she just didnt want to make me feel like I had chanegd since my accident, but after the first couple of visit I began to realize she just did not care. My pain did not improve and she told me there was nothing I could do about it. Unfortunately I was very upset about her response, she basically told me it had to do with the way I lived my life that I was having problems. I would not recommend her unless you do not care about getting better.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2008

Dr. Kari L. Patterson's Credentials

• University Of Arizona College Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)