Ratings for Dr. Quasim Wasti

Dr. Wasti has wasted me time, left me in unnecessary pain, forgotten diagnoses of his and given me different ones as a result (?). Sigh... the worst GP I have ever had. I went to him while sinking into a major depression. I went there armed with the name of an antidepressant that my sister had had success with recently, and with her dosage (it's well known one starts with something that has worked on a family member if that is possible.) My old meds had stopped working, and Wasti agreed that they had stopped working and that I was sinking fast. So he tells me he 'cares sooo much' about my health he wants me to see a psychiatrist specializing in these meds. This results in a six month wait to see the specialist during which I hit rock bottom and come VERY close to killing myself. Why would a dr think it's ok to let a severely depressed person wait 6 months? He could have looked it up in the DSM and seen it was an appropriate med for major depression. What's worse, prescribing a med that is an antidepressant you're not completely familiar with, or a dead patient? How many suicides are committed by patients who don't get help while waiting for a pyschiatric appointment? One thing that is known for sure is that treatment for depression needs to happen swiftly, particularly as the meds don't kick in right away, and because depressed people tend to commit suicide because their pain is so intense. Wasti is a waste of space. He obviously thinks he walks on water, and I can't wait to find another GP and kick this one to the curb.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2018

Dr Wasti is the best! he is always late because he spends time with everyone, small price to pay for this level of care. He treats you like an intelligent adult and a participant in your own care. I could not ask for a better fit for my Doctor. His staff are really nice with very few exceptions.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2018

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

I LOVE Dr. Wasti! Time and time again, he has caught what every other doctor has overlooked. He is kind and is a wonderful listener. He always ensures that he schedules enough time to really sit down and talk with you, he actually reviews your chart notes before he sees you, and regardless of religious or political beliefs, he always listens to what his patients want. Excellent doctor. No matter where I may move in the lower mainland, he will always be our family's doctor. Bedside manner doesn't always matter when you're knowledgeable, but he has both knowledge and bedside manner.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2017

Best Doctor my family has ever seen, very thorough and understanding

flag | Submitted June 9, 2017

Very good doctor. Addresses your needs. Professional. Recommended...

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

Dr. Q Wasti has been my doctor since 2003. He has also taken on my mother since 2004. When I have had family visiting that have fallen ill he has made time to see them too. A very genuine and patient man that has always given me the time I needed to thoroughly go through any medical issue I may be experiencing. His bed side manner is genuine not to mention he is very intelligent. I do miss the staff he used to have as they also seemed to be genuinely interested in helping patients. He cares about his community and his patients.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

Best doctor I have had. Very helpful and friendly. Cares about you

flag | Submitted September 25, 2015

Office staff is rude and combative. When you finally get in to see the Dr he is very pleasant to deal with and puts you at ease. You are limited to 2-3 issues per visit and he will only give 3mo prescription at a time which is frustrating when you are on a lifetime medication.

Submitted April 20, 2015

I love this guy, I can't say enough good things about him. He was suggested to me by friend after I couldn't find a reasonable and reliable doctor. He was my physician for over 5 years until I had to move away. However, anytime I have questions or need a second opinion I give him a call and he always happily helps me out even though I haven't seen him in two years, and live two provinces away. Yes, if you book an appointment with him at noon you probably won't get seen until 45-60 mins later. However he is worth the wait. Very professional, very knowledgable, very caring and always concerned about what ever big or small issue you may have. The BEST doctor I have ever had.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014