Ratings for Dr. Paisley Howard

I was a patient of Dr. Campling for over 27 years. When she retired, I went to see Dr.Howard & have been very pleased with her dedication & concern for my well being. I have gone to see her for minor as well as major health concerns. She has taken the time to figure out, eliminate or address what is the major factor causing my health issue & she is very thorough. If a specific test is required, she will discuss why it needs to be done. As for waiting to see her, I have no problem waiting as she gives each person the time she/he needs to discuss the health issues. I feel very fortunate to have Dr. Howard as my doctor & at peace knowing that she is there for me now & in the future.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

I would say that if you are worried that you have something seriously wrong with your health that you should go to another doctor. I've been a patient for a few years now and my health has deteriorated significantly under her care. She doesn't look at the totality of what's wrong with you to make a diagnosis, most likely because every time you visit it's like you are a brand new patient - instead of looking at your entire chart to put the pieces together, she gives you prescriptions for each individual ailment when you come in. High blood pressure - here's a pill. Not sleeping well - here's a pill. Anxious/depressed - here's a pill. Blood pressure getting worse - increase dosage of blood pressure meds. All these things together pointed to another diagnosis entirely, which could have been diagnosed by a doctor with the time to dig in and who looked at the bigger picture. Maybe this is more of an issue with the system and less about Dr. Howard.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr Howard for over a decade. I have recently been going through some health issues and have been seeing her regularly to work through a diagnosis. I really appreciate the amount of time that she has devoted to me - one appointment was nearly an hour long (sorry to whoever was waiting for the next appointment!!!!). She has been very thorough and is going above and beyond to ensure that I am diagnosed correctly. She speaks to me as a friend and is candid in her commentary. She explains the science behind things rather than oversimplifying or talking down to me. While her limited schedule can be frustrating at times, I respect her choice for work-life balance and find her to never be frazzled or impatient, so it's worth the wait to see a doctor with a clear state of mind. Thank you!!!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2016

Dr. Paisley Howard has been our family doctor for going on 11 years. What I most appreciate about her is that she takes her time with you and every patient. I find her to be efficient and will go as far as to check her well detailed notes so that she is able to be fully aware of your current and past health issues. Does this mean that sometimes she runs behind schedule? Yes. Does this mean that she is spending time making me feel cared for and important? Yes. I love that she has a 'not on my watch' attitude. She is beyond thorough and she truly cares and knows me and my children. I am a patient who has seen my family doctor more than most other people due to a few health issues. I have a very clear and educated opinion about the kind of care she offers. The fact that I trust her with my children is the best recommendation that I can provide. I am so grateful for having the privilege of being under her care.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2016

Dr. Howard is always late, never on time, and not by a little but a LOT. However, that is not the biggest issue, she is complacent in her care and neglectful. I recommend you do not go to her if you have any complex medical needs as she has overlooked various things in my history.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

Dr Howard is great. I really only go to her for issues that require more than just a quick visit, as I live a distance away. What I love about Dr Howard, is EVERY time I come in, shes thrilled to see me. Asks me about the kids and about my recent pregnancy as a surrogate. She asks how my medical issue is going and doesnt have to check my chart to remember what my issue is. When I go to her with concerns, she asks questions and tries her best to figure out whats going on. My only complaint has more to do with the office staff more than anything. The last appointment I made, the receptionist failed to tell me that they had changed locations and I went to the old office. One would think that if they had changed locations, the receptionist would pay attention to when your last appointment was, and inform you. Also, the doctor is always running late. Again, I think this is more of a problem with the office staff then anything. Also, last time I was there, I wasnt even greeted by her office assistant, I was greeted by another drs assistant and when I was FINALLY led to the scale to weigh myself, it was the first I saw of her. No "hey Im so and so...just so you know, were running behind" or anything like that. At any rate....I love Dr Howard and Im happy to travel an hour to see her

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

I've been with Dr Howard since she took over the practice. Never on time, even if your the first appointment in the morning or after lunch. Only works 2-3 days a week (between Holliday's) always rushed and doesn't ask many questions. Doesn't remember anything about you or your health, always has to refer to what she has written down. Says one thing, then the next time says she never said it.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

Puzzled by the negative comments. Dr. Howard is excellent in my opinion

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

terrible doctor! and staff! never dealt with someone so rude and staff is not nice at all.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

Always rushed doctor, seems unhappy and makes you feel inferior for being there. Forgetful in what she tells you on previous appointments and then needs to go back and check her notes and does not know why she would have said what she did. If she does not know what your concern is she will check with another doctor and agree to what the diagnosis is whether it is correct or not. She used to be very good somehow the care and concern toward the patient has drastically gone down. We are disappointed unfortunately she is not the same.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2014