Ratings for Dr. Jon Van Vliet

As long as I was straight forward with Dr. Van Vliet and did not lie to him he would always prescribe my pain meds for my chronic lower back pain.Deg Disc Dis. without hesitation.People make negative comments about Dr. Van Vliet because he is straight forward with his patients.Thank you Jon, for all of your help over the past years.I wish you were not retiring, keep well, J.V.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2013

wicked guy i would refer anybody to him.He is a strait up kinda doc.No bull sh#t.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012

a great dr. not a rude dr like some say he just hates liers trying to get pills, he probably saved my wifes life as he found the problem 2 others could not find, aand sent her to a specilist, very intelligent dr. also my friends all love him. sad to see him retire, greatly missed in this town

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012

Did not treat my symptoms. Told me to ask Pharmacist about medications rather than open his medical books. I had to tell him about interactions and side effects of medications. Rude. I will never go back!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2011

just moved to area, was very very glad to meet him very intelligent dr. a bit strightforward and blunt but i like that, [no b.s.w him] he figured out problem right away and cured it, extremely hard to get pain pills from a 2nd time, but looking back im glad, and he warned me about possibility of addiction, my family now sees him, and his son also works there who is also extremely smart, SO GLAD HE IS IN OUR TOWN, A GREAT ASSET TO CASTLEGAR B.C. MY FRIENDS NOW SEE HIM and all like him he is actally quite funny

flag | Submitted August 21, 2010

Go to guy if you need painkillers that's for sure. He also likes to write prescriptions. Maybe he gets a cut out of every prescip. filled with his name on it. He's very rude, unhelpful and has AWFUL bed side manners. I will not go to him again and would definately not reccomend him to anyone I know.

Submitted May 3, 2010

this man did not know what was wrong with my eyes.instead of just referring me,he gave me a prescription for Cipro.its a cure or anthrax. he did not explain to me what it was or what effect it would have on me. i am in pain and unable to work.this stuff never leaves your system and destroys ligaments and collagen and causes psychosis. i have always been very active and healthy,working out and eat organic and healthy with plenty of supplementation.my health and longevity has always been my priority...i do not put anything into my system to harm my cells ever. i have been fed toxic poison that stores in fat cells and attacks systems when burned,recycling itself. i feel like i got hit by a truck and cannot lift things or sleep,i hurt no matter what i do..all because i trusted this man who barely gave me 5 minutes.he has taken my health and ruined my life.

Submitted February 10, 2010

Always has time for you. Will send you to specialist with no hesitation. Nice to have a doctor you can talk to that doesn't have the I'm better than you ego. Two thumbs up Doc.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2010

BEEN TO MANY DRS IN MY LIFE DR V.V. IS VERY INTELLIGENT, and friendly and funny, very very glad to have, does not give pain pills out easily, were very lucky to have him in our community, thanks JON

flag | Submitted December 18, 2009

The only good thing I can say about this doctor is that it's easy to get in to see him (that's probably a BAD sign) but nice when your needing to see someone right away! He has the worst bedside manners, isn't very friendly and just gave me a creapy feeling. I refuse to go back. I'd rather go sit in emerg for 8 hours.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2009