Ratings for Dr. Kelly M. Luba

I have gone to Dr. Luba for several years now. She is always punctual, caring, good at listening and answering all my concerns.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2017

After struggling to find a PCP, someone recommended Dr. Luba. I was unimpressed. I told her I had been tired, had a history of iron deficiency anemia, and asked for her to test it. She said I didn't need it. What? How can she tell by looking at me?! I then told her I seemed sensitive to gluten and asked about testing for Celiac. She said no, but now she would test my iron (only that) because that would be low if I had celiac. It came up normal but later I went to another doctor, also complaining of fatigue.... She gave me a full blood panel and I was deficient in Vit D. Nearly a year later, again visited a different Dr., told him I have a history of Vit D and iron deficiency, and he tests both those + thyroid. Again, Vit D comes up as low. Later, the person who recommended her complained of Dr. Luba doing the same thing ( refusing tests). I do not recommend Dr. Luba.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2014

best Dr I've ever had. She listens to me, doesn't rush me out the door, talks to me like a person, not a number. I'd recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2011

I feel Dr. Luba is a great Dr. however I don’t feel the personal connection I had with my old family physician. Sometimes you need to feel like your being listened to and although I think she listens perhaps she is keeping her professional distance. I do think that she is diligent on making sure that she refers patients to specialist so that issues or problems don’t wait. She has saved me multiple times by sending me to specialist. Overall I feel she is a good Dr..

flag | Submitted January 4, 2010

Dr, Luba told me that my past Dr. (who moved) was giving me unnecessary allergy shots. She actually told me that the feeling better after receiving this shot is a placebo effect! Basically, I only think it helps! I have food allergies and seasonally allergies and my treatment has worked in the past not only on me, but for others whom I personally know that receive the same shots. Dr, Luba may not have agreed with that type of treatment, but to tell a patient that her past ten years of treatments were in essence “in her head” is completely unprofessional. I thought that I would like her but I shut down in her office and I will never return. I will find a new Doctor.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2009

We started out seeing Dr Luba about 3 yrs ago when my daughter needed her school physical & we were new to the area. She seemed pretty good & at 1st took her time with my daughter who at the time was 13.5 yrs old; What actually did it for me was this very last visit with my now 16.5 year old I once again took her for her annual check up & to have her sports form filled out. Well of course Dr Luba asked me to step out of the room so she could speak with her in private. {which I found to be normal as she needs to gain trust of teens}, but what I found to be offensive and taking the HIPPA reg's overboard was that a few days later the nurse called for my daughter to give her lab results when I explained that I was her mother & they could just give them to me they proceeded to tell me that they couldn't; so I spoke with my daughter as to why the test were done come to find out she had been sexually active and DR Luba told her that this did not concern her mother! She is under age! Why NOT??

flag | Submitted August 25, 2009

Dr. Luba is very pleasant to deal with, but could never diagnose me on the first visit. I had to return multiple times and became very frustrating. And I was always in and out, she never spent the time to make me feel like my health and time was of importance.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2009

service was outstanding

flag | Submitted March 30, 2009

Dr. Kelly M. Luba's Credentials

• Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 2001)