Ratings for Dr. Joseph R. Stern

His website claims he removes Planters Warts. Nope

flag | Submitted March 20, 2018

Terrible. Insisted I had a blood clot based on how my foot looked (like it always does), and couldn't do the most basic of procedures in his office (I can't have skin flying in here). Had to go to another specialist who made it very clear that OF COURSE I didn't have a blood clot. Waste of time.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

I have been Dr. Stern’s patient for almost two decades, and I am extremely happy with the quality of his medical care. Dr. Stern is thorough, understanding, and extremely knowledgeable. He has provided me with orthotics and performed a number of treatments over the years. I would recommend Dr. Stern to anyone, and I am confident that they would receive the highest level of care and very sound medical advice.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2018

My experience with Dr. Stern was fantastic. Loved his humor and his knowledge is impeccable! I forgot to tell him about an injury that I had with my ankle and he immediately caught that saying.. "Are you testing me?" He already knew I forgot to tell him something in regards to my ankle injury! just.. amazing!

flag | Submitted December 17, 2017

My experience was very similar to the negative reviews before. I would never go back - late, arrogant, time-wasting, not focused on listening to the patient. I had no direction on dealing with my issue after an expensive appointment. There are many choices in Vancouver - go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2017

I had a fantastic experience with Dr. Stern and his staff. Dr Stern took his time answering all my questions and was very understanding and professional. His assistant, Ramona, was super helpful. My insurance policies through work were in a bit of a complicated situation. She was able to help me sort them out and accommodated all my requests. The overall experience and service were second to none and I speak from experience as I have seen other podiatrists in Vancouver. I got 3 pairs of orthotics made a few weeks ago and I am looking forward to picking them up tomorrow.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

This man loves himself too much! He humour is dry. He’s never on time and wastes a lot of time talking about himself. I don’t recommend him and won’t continue with the follow ups anymore. Can’t stand the man

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

Arrogant. He wasn't sure whether I had a corn or a plantar wart. Suggested I would have to come in again when it grew back (after he drew blood shaving it down) to see if he could dagnose it properly. I call BS on that, sounded like he just wanted to book an unnecessary visit. He even suggested surgery in the future! I assure you I will never need surgery for the smallest corns in the universe. Condescension should not be confused with dry humour. The guy is way too cocky for his own good.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

Never met a more rude, dismissive so called "professional"!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

Joseph has been instrumental in helping me solve my plantar fascitis issue by providing me with the right exercises and orthotics.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

Dr. Joseph R. Stern's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Joseph R Stern is a SportMedBC board member and has been an active part of the Vancouver podiatric medicine community for more than 20 years. He is the immediate past president of the Canadian Podiatric Medical Association and one of the assigned podiatrist of the Vancouver 2010 Olympics. Originally from Winnipeg, Manitoba, he grew up in Vancouver, and later went to the University of British Columbia where he completed a Bachelor of Science degree. After finishing at UBC, Joseph wanted to merge his interests in health care, biomechanics and sport –making podiatry an obvious first choice of professions. He went on to study at Pennsylvania College of Podiatric Medicine in Philadelphia. After finishing his four year doctorate program, Joseph did his residency at Mission Oaks Hospital in Los Gatos, California. Joseph has office in Vancouver, Coquitlam, Cloverdale and Surrey

• French
  • English

• University of British Columbia (Grad. 1982)
  • Temple University (Grad. 1986)

• Plantar fasciitis