Ratings for Dr. Joseph R. Stern

My experience was very similar to the negative reviews before. I would never go back - late, arrogant, time-wasting, not focused on listening to the patient. I had no direction on dealing with my issue after an expensive appointment. There are many choices in Vancouver - go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2017

I had a fantastic experience with Dr. Stern and his staff. Dr Stern took his time answering all my questions and was very understanding and professional. His assistant, Ramona, was super helpful. My insurance policies through work were in a bit of a complicated situation. She was able to help me sort them out and accommodated all my requests. The overall experience and service were second to none and I speak from experience as I have seen other podiatrists in Vancouver. I got 3 pairs of orthotics made a few weeks ago and I am looking forward to picking them up tomorrow.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

This man loves himself too much! He humour is dry. He’s never on time and wastes a lot of time talking about himself. I don’t recommend him and won’t continue with the follow ups anymore. Can’t stand the man

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

Arrogant. He wasn't sure whether I had a corn or a plantar wart. Suggested I would have to come in again when it grew back (after he drew blood shaving it down) to see if he could dagnose it properly. I call BS on that, sounded like he just wanted to book an unnecessary visit. He even suggested surgery in the future! I assure you I will never need surgery for the smallest corns in the universe. Condescension should not be confused with dry humour. The guy is way too cocky for his own good.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

Never met a more rude, dismissive so called "professional"!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

Joseph has been instrumental in helping me solve my plantar fascitis issue by providing me with the right exercises and orthotics.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

I truly enjoyed Dr. Joseph Sterns help with my bunions. He walked me through the procedure and I am finally relieved from them I would highly recommend Dr. Stern!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

All I can say is a pair of Ecco Shoes which cost me $159 helped me much more than $600 I spent on orthotic insoles recommended by DR. Stern and not to mention 4 visits I have had with him in his clinic . Very disappointed.

Submitted April 26, 2015

Dr. Stern assessed my foot because I was complaining about sore arches. He told me to do some stretching to help improve blood flow but did not recommend orthotics since my problem was preliminary. He advised I come back if I still had complaints in 2 weeks. He was friendly, thorough and knowledgeable. His front desk staff was also polite and processed me right away.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

this is one of the rudest dr's I have ever met. I took my elderly mother to him. She had already spent a lot of money on special soles for her shoes and was told she now needed to buy special shoes. He gave her the name of several stores, when she commented these where very expensive stores, and she was on a limited pension, he made the motion of playing a tiny violin and said "cry me a river, I have heard it all before. Besides you can't take the money with you to the grave can you?" I was appalled that he spoke to my mother this way, then he turned to me and said "besides you seem to have lots of time to drive your mother to all these appointments so obviously you can afford not to work so paying for the shoes should not be an issue " To say anything like this to a patient is not only totally unprofessional but also extremely rude and very arrogant. No dr has the right to judge anyone's financial status. This dr is making comments without knowing anything the about people he just insulted. I would not recommend this dr to ANYONE!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2015

Dr. Joseph R. Stern's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Joseph R Stern is a SportMedBC board member and has been an active part of the Vancouver podiatric medicine community for more than 20 years. He is the immediate past president of the Canadian Podiatric Medical Association and one of the assigned podiatrist of the Vancouver 2010 Olympics. Originally from Winnipeg, Manitoba, he grew up in Vancouver, and later went to the University of British Columbia where he completed a Bachelor of Science degree. After finishing at UBC, Joseph wanted to merge his interests in health care, biomechanics and sport –making podiatry an obvious first choice of professions. He went on to study at Pennsylvania College of Podiatric Medicine in Philadelphia. After finishing his four year doctorate program, Joseph did his residency at Mission Oaks Hospital in Los Gatos, California. Joseph has office in Vancouver, Coquitlam, Cloverdale and Surrey

• French
  • English

• University of British Columbia (Grad. 1982)
  • Temple University (Grad. 1986)

• Plantar fasciitis