Ratings for Dr. Cheryl A. Maurice

Conservative, Kind, and takes the time to get to know you.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

Wow, interesting reading these reviews. IMO, she's an excellent internist. My wife and I both go to her, we'd had a typical PCP before, who while a good doctor, lacked the knowledge and experience to deal with anything other than the most common problems. Dr. Maurice keeps careful records and reviews information from all other doctors that you see prior to your visit. She is up to date on the latest drug and treatment procedures, and is skeptical and cautious about any trendy new medicine. In contrast to others, we've found her office responsive and easy to deal with, and our office visits have been on-time and comprehensive. In comparison to a regular PCP, as an internist, Dr. Maurice spends up to an hour with each of us at our yearly exam, listening and making notes on everything we bring up. I highly recommend her to anyone who is seeking comprehensive medical care.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

I am a retired internist(MD), & I see Dr. Maurice because she is smarter than I am. She has responded personally to emergencies in the past, handling much over the phone. Biggest problem is too long a wait for appointments(3 months), unless you want to see a P.A. When I do see her, she often suggests treatments I would not have considered. She is one of the best physicians I have had the pleasure of seeing.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

I am a new pt who called this office to get an appt. to see Dr Maurice. The staff I spoke to was so rude and unprofessional. She instead insisted on scheduling me with a PA. I again told her I am calling to make an appt. with Dr Maurice. I am an RN and along with my husband who is an MD (in a different specialty), we have our medical office and I stress upon the staff the importance of people skills and politeness. I will NOT be a pt at this office. ( in order to post this I am required, by this site to comment on *punctual and *knowledge, I did choose a mid-range rating but as a potential new pt I cannot judge fairly since I was never in the office and I never saw Dr Maurice)

flag | Submitted February 6, 2013

I guess I am a slow learner Dr. Maurice blown me off twice and I had to go to another Doctor to take care of my problem. I am definitely finding a new doctor!! I like that records are now on the computer but you have to look at the patient too!!!!!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2012

Staff at front desk, cold, indifferent, never smiled or said hello when I came in. I was seen by her Physicians Asst. due to time frame to see her. Assistant seemed uninvolved. After 8 days or so, the Doctor's Office asst. called with pap results, I had to ask about labs, which she went back and found, I had to ask her to read them. The assistant then wanted me to come back in for treatment options based on lab results. I had no contact with the doctor. This was my "annual check up". I Would never go back to this practice.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2012

Very impressed. She is very knowledgable and uses the latest technology. I think some patients don't like the computer but they need to get used to it, this office is just ahead of the rest in using them. She spent a lot of time listening to me and answered all my questions. Really a good doctor. I saw a copy of Phoenix magazine in the office too and it has her listed as one of the Top Doctors in the valley.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2010

I have seen Dr. Maurice twice now, and I find her very good. Yes, she uses the computer, but all our records are on that computer. Easier than looking thru paper work. She was about 30 minutes late, but she did not rush me, and spent a lot of time with me. Answered my questions, made sure she ask if I had any more questions, or if I needed any prescriptions refilled. I have two ladies who recommended her to me, and we all love her. Her office help is always ready to answer questions, and give me copies of my tests. I think Dr. Maurice is very good. I have recommended her to another friend.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2009

Agree with above comments: too much interaction with the computer, not the patient. Also, requires yearly exam even when not needed. Also relies on her staff to see patients so she does not have to. I am not going back.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2009

Almost impossible to see or talk to her anymore. Must run through a battery of receptionists and non-MDs first! Forget emergencies - everyone told to call 911 on phone! If lucky enough to finally see her, she pays more attention to laptop computer during patient consultations... part of the new generation of "computer doctors", I guess.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2009

Dr. Cheryl A. Maurice's Credentials

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 2000)