Ratings for Dr. Saul Isserow

Dr Isserow's bedside manner may not be for everyone, as you can see from the mixed reviews. I love him, I appreciate that he is blunt and doesn't sugar coat things, but he is also compassionate and has wonderful foresight. He is extremely busy, often running back and forth between UBC and VGH, which can lead to lateness, but he doesn't mess around when he sees a possible problem, such as coming to see me in the ER when he insisted I be rushed in with chest pains. I am only 29 with a hereditary heart condition, I dread the day he retires.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2017

Ignorant and not respectful. Did not listen to my concerns. Overall impression from visiting his office: unprofessional and very much business-like attitude.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2017

I have found Dr. Isserow ( I have been seeing him for almost 20 years) to be an excellent doctor. He is extremely knowledgeable and come across as caring. He has provided me with excellent care over the years. I would recommend him to anyone looking for cardiac care.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

Dr Isserow does not have the time or the heart for my problems and that showed in our first meeting. There was not a second meeting as I decided not to waste more of my time.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

Very detail oriented cardiologist. Delivers objective assessments in a kind and understandable manner.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

Excellent physician in every respect.Attentive/ listens/gives concrete advice/ optimistic yet practical. Genuine;y interested in your long term welfare and remembers your concerns between appointments.Superb clinical skills. Support staff needs improvement.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

He runs a "private" sector clinic where you come and pay for the visit. Still paying MSP premiums. But it would be okay if he'd really be somewhat helpful. He dismissed my concerns, sent me out of the office still in pain & shortness of breath. I have spent half an hour sitting in a car in front of his luxury office, trying to breath before traveling back home. I was hospitalized to cardiac ward, just couple of days after this visit.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

Have never met a doctor like Dr Isserow. He is compassionate, caring and very knowledgable . Having a heart issue has never been easier, I know I am in good hands.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

Best dr ever! I see him every two years and he remembers personal details about me and my spouse. Great bedside manner. Thorough and yet not an alarmist.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

I had a very pleasant experience. Dr. Isserowe was very personable and put me at ease with his Great sense of humour and his advice and care was excellent. He gave me all the time needed to ask questions, and his followup appointment was very soon after the first one. I would rate him as the best there is!

flag | Submitted January 21, 2017