Ratings for Dr. James F. Ganem

Dr. Ganem enjoys the reputation of being one of the East Valley's finest cardiologists. On my initial visit he was indeed personable, but it was obvious that his time was valuable and he stops you if you offer any information that is superfluous to the cardiac area - even though you might not realize that fact. Like many surgeons he wants to cut to the chase, which is really okay, but I always relax a bit more if there is just a little small talk. Since I'm in my 70s and raised five children, I've been to a lot of doctors and I've learned that if the doctor is skilled in his area of medical expertise you just have to bite the bullet. Don't always expect eye contact or the feeling that you are more than just an x-ray or number; in this high tech age that just isn't going to happen. So, although I can see that I won't be swapping newly discovered computer apps with Dr. Ganem; I feel confident in his care; he's a highly qualified cardiologist.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised in how quickly I was able to get an appointment. Dr. Ganem was very personable, straight forward with information and made me feel calm. He didn't rush to leave the room and made sure I understood what needed to be done and when it would happen.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2010

I have gone to Dr. G for many years and his bedside manner pretty much stinks. I don't doubt his ability, but he needs a lesson in tact.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2009

He was rated one of the highest doctors in Arizona by Phoenix Magazine... I will never go back to him again. He has great bedside manners but I question his moral ethics. I am sure he has been good to other patients but I just felt like he took me for a ride because of my insurance.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2009

Dr. James F. Ganem's Credentials

• University Of Louisville School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)