Ratings for Dr. Don E. Barlow

Their office staff, how shall i put this, sucks! Dr Barlow would do well to dump his staff and start from scratch. I wouldn't have left him, but his staff does not care about my or my mother's needs!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2011

I was diagnosed with bone cancer and desired my PCP, Barlow, to oversee everything. The office staff was so rude and apathetic to my situation when I called. Barlow is a decent doctor but the staff did not care an ounce about my well being, showed no empathy to my situation and made no effort to provide a compromise to my needs and desires. I simply asked to have my wife come into the room with me while visiting Barlow and they refused. When speaking to Cynthia on the phone she hung up on me after I asked if transferring my records is possible. It is sad that a person in a traumatic time is treated such a way. I hope you consider finding another office to visit, because I never want anyone treated the way I was today. God bless.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2010

The office staff are rude,the office manager cares more about advocating for her staff than she does the patients.This office does not allow a patient advocate in the room with the patient,which goes against all major facilities,hospitals and care providers offices with normal standards of care.Patient advocacy provides protection for your loved one's.They obviously care more about their own rules,than patient care and safety. What are they so afraid of?If your loved one is seeking care in this office,BE FOREWARNED!!They do not believe in patient advocacy the way other care facilities do.If you want to be a part of your loved one's care,support system and be able to protect their rights then this is most likely not a place you will find comfort.It is the patients RIGHT not the care providers right to share their health information with whom they desire.I hope this information has helped you make an educated decision about who to seek care from.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2010

He has been a caring family physician for my children, myself, and my husband. His office is helpful regarding any referrals needed. The only reason he is sometimes not on time is because I truly believe he is an "old fashioned" caring sort of family doc (rare these days!!!) and actually listens to patients, and explains what he does!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2008

Dr. Don E. Barlow's Credentials

• Kirksville Coll Of Osteo Med, Kirksville Mo 63501 (Grad. 1984)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Glendale, AZ