Ratings for Dr. Effideen Ameerally

OMG . The person who said he takes his time with you !! Must work for him . He barely looks at you , doesn't make eye contact . Just sits and scribbles. Ask for your old RX bottle so he can copy it . If you get 5-8 minutes you're lucky . Then he just gets up and walks out . You are also lucky if you sit in the "right chair " I guess the one he wants you in .. can he just say could you please sit here .. Hidious treatment for a doctor . And yes no refills on your Rx you have to go in month after month for a refill on the same thing you have been taking for years , so he gets you in 12 times a year if you need it or not .. he will not write a order for a nurse to give you a shot you get every month . You go and wait and see him for a full appointment and even then he may just have a nurse do it . I'm so angry. His behavior has caused me physical pain because of his methods Delays , wrong information. I said my arm joint hurts .. he says no it doesn't , your skin hurts ....🤑👈🏼Him 👉🏻😳..me enough said .. how does he get away with this stuff ..

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

He needs to retire .. you could be dying and he wouldn't care .. all the bad stuff I read here is MORE THAN ACCURATE !! Our family took it as long as we could . We just had to know what was wrong with us before we came in .. we are not doctors . I waited and waited only to have necessary test declined by insurance . They just kept sending it to the wrong insurance company . This doctor is rude , probably suffers from dementia , as he forgets everything. Better have a empty Rx bottle with you when you go in so he can copy the label .. He sold his particle but now works for the new people . I have heard him scream at patients . I just got a new doctor , I've lost any kind of trust at all . Retire Dr . A . Before someone sues you . Shame on you .. you don't need the money !! If that is what it is .. I have no idea what the new doc's are like . Been in once . But if they think he's ok to work for them .. well Shame on them too . I started getting sick when I had an appointment to go in there .. Because I had to .. go in there . Not knowing what he'd do or say this time . If my husband goes in with me. He only talks to him .. referees to me , in the same room as .." her" "she" , shouldn't I be telling him what hurts or what the problem is .. it's a bit cleaner , I think , as I said that is my last trip in there . I'd like competent care , not berated aboot something ( most any thing) and the rudeness is beyond belief .. Staff awful ! Dirty toilet , never any tissues or towels .. Just a Full On Nightmare !!! Save yourself some grief .. stay away from this doctor .. I withhold my name , because I've not received my medical records ( YET )and they can be really vindictive.. vindictive..

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

I have worked in the healthcare field for over 20 years and I went to this Dr because it was close to my home and due to a change in my insurance plan. I needed a new referal to see a Urologist. The office was BEYOND dirty; the bathroom had what appeared to be BM on the toilet and wall, there was blood and urine on the toilet seat. I was asked for a urine sample and I asked the assistant if it mattered that I was on my period, she said no. I was given a cup with no seal and when I requested wipes to get a clean catch I was told they had none. Upon entering the exam room I noticed that the paper on the exam table was dirty when I pointed it out and the woman pulled it off. I asked "don't you change that with each patient" and she said "no we change it as needed". The exam room was equally as dirty the bathroom. While I was waiting I could hear the Dr. yelling at the front desk woman about not being able to get through on a phone line, he yelled "you are stupid do I have to do everything?". The Dr. then entered my exam room; he was unprofessional, and rude. I started to advise him that I was needing a referral to see a Urologist and he asked me if I was a Dr. I said "no?" and he said "then why do you think you need a referral to a Urologist?" I explained my history of kidney stones to him and he said "your urine was clear and had no blood in it" I advised him that I knew for a fact that it did because I was currently on my period (and I had seen the blood in my urine) and he cut me off and stated "I can't understand your whiney whispery voice". I then just told him that this was my voice and he said "you might get a new one". At this point I was done and I told him that I felt he was a very rude and unprofessional man and I informed him that I had never been to such a disgusting Dr office and he opened the door and asked for one of his assistant's to come in and he stated "come back in someone else was complaining" and he them left the room telling his assistant "I hate these people". His assistant apologized and told me "sorry he can be difficult". Difficult is not the word disgusting would be more fitting. If you are searching for a Dr. this one should be removed from your list. And if you have seen him in the past please report his behavior and the office atmosphere to your insurance company as I have.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Dr. Ameerally has participated in my healthcare off and on for the last 20+ years. He has what I like to call an "old school" bedside manner. Some might perceive this as "rude", but I love and appreciate his honesty and the fact that he doesn't sugar coat things. If the wait time seems a bit long, it is because once you're in the exam room the doctor doesn't rush through things. He takes the time to listen and allows you to ask questions. Last year I went to my primary doctor with one breast enlarged and containing a lump. My primary doctor said he didn't know why, ran some blood work and never followed up with me. I went to Dr. Ameerally for a second opinion. No sooner did he take a look, he stated that yes there was a lump, did an exam, told me what he thought it was, and sent me for a breast ultrasound just to be on the safe side. His diagnosis was 100% correct. I have and will continue to recommended Dr. Ameerally to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

Dr. Ameerally has been my primary care doctor for over 20 years. He is direct and tells it like it is, which is something I appreciate. Some perceive his direct honesty as "rude," but I prefer to think he doesn't sugar coat anything. He genuinely cares about his patients. He accepts walk-ins as well as appointments which might make him run a little behind, but he is worth the wait!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

This Dr. was lucky I didn't slap him. Upon walking in to the exam room he barked at me that I was sitting in the wrong chair and my daughter who was sitting on the exam table was in the wrong place although she was the patient. Then when trying to explain to him that my daughter might have pink eye...He told me to "shut up and let my daughter speak for herself". He asked about doing a pap smear, then with no explanation,he started to lift my daughters shirt and berate her for not being on prescription drugs for bipolar. Didn't want to hear that she had sever allergic reactions to most prescription drugs. My daughter fled the room crying,I gave this **** a verbal lashing. I feel sorry for the staff....lady in the waiting room told my daughter she was the 6th person to flee his office crying that morning (our appt was at 10:30)The nurse was mortified, actually had to convince my daughter to come back and get the culture from her eye, even though the nurse had never done it before.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2014

I was forced to see Dr Ameerally for a few years due to having no transportation and his office is right across the street from my apartment. He is very rude and makes no apologies for it. He does not listen to anything you have to say, he just throws prescriptions at you. He is almost 80 years old and I think he is way past retirement. He does not enjoy his job anymore and it shows.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2013

Dr. Ameerally should only be seeing patients with flu/colds! Instead of recognizing his incompetence at not being able to use the pap test tool correctly, he told me I did not have a healthy uterus and showed me pictures of stage one leading to cancer. I was so concerned, I saw a gynecologist the next day who informed me I was healthy, could stop taking the pill (decreasing my risks) and that I didn't have to worry about becoming pregnant any more. I was also given the choice to include a blood test and be tested for all diseases which I did and all came out fine. Dr told the assistant to remove all those pap test tools from the office and not to order them anymore. He did not listen to the main concern of why I came in (joint/muscle) pain. I asked for a test to be done for rheumatoid arthritis and lupus. The RA factor came out negative, but I did not get a referral or any questions, nothing from the doctor. The next doctor spent an hour and a half with me and listened and advised 100%.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2011

appointment at 2pm like 8 other people!!!!!!! restroom closed to patients !!!!!!! got called in at 3:30 with no apologies. Rude staff, doctor couldn't care less about patients. the place is dirty. Will never go back.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2010

He has been my doctor since the day I was born we followed him to arizona from North Dakota. He has treated my entire family from my father to my nieces and nephews. I consider him the best doctor in the world. There is no one I trust more with my health. He is an old country doctor so he is a bit grumpy but that is why I LOVE him. His new partner is a wonderful woman as well. They care about the patients that come into the office and make sure that they give the best care possible.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2010

Dr. Effideen Ameerally's Credentials

• Royal Coll Of Surgeons In Ireland, Med Sch, Dublin, Ireland (Grad. 1964)

Top Hospitals in Apache Junction, AZ